• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hurtingwingsfan

Who is worse to lose to

Rate this topic

Can you imagine if we had lost to the Ducks in round 2 and they then went on to win the cup?

Holy crap, that would have meant 2 cups in 3 years for them. No way could I have lived through that.

I am content knowing that we lost to a team that was not as good as us. We lost because of tons of injuries, a horrific schedule and a team that was hungrier than us because we kicked their asses last year.

They have no depth. 2 superstars supplimented by a bunch of free agent retreads that have played on different teams every year - Guerin, Satan, Fedorenko, etc.

Congratulations, they capitalized on our injuries, a favorable schedule and a bending of the instagator rules by the NHL.

They won't be back next year though. Their hunger will be less, and they will have to actually play some good teams in the East. Watch out for Boston. No more waiving suspensions or playing against a team with massive injuries. And those retreads that they used to fill in will either not be back, or will hit a wall.

Tampa Bay, Carolina, and Pittsburgh. Add them to the list - one and done.

The Ducks are our rival, the Pens, not so much...

I gain no solace from any of these truths. In fact, thats why I hate the Penguins, similar to why I hate the Ducks: when we lost to the Ducks, the Wings were the better team, but we beset with injury and the officiating at a double-standard and goonery allowed to pass killed the series.

Same thing happened with the Penguins this season, and almost last season. We were the better team. Injuries mounted and certain players didn't play to potential. Penguins have their share of villains, though instead of the powerful villains your respect, they are the entitled, corrupt villains you loathe.

The glaring difference between the Ducks and the Penguins is that I respect/slightly fear the Ducks, but the Penguins win based on opportunity and fishy-business from the NHL, who doesn't hide its burning desire for that team to win more than any other.

I have never in my life seen an NFL, NBA, MLB, or NHL team before the Penguins who were marketed as winners the entire season after they lost like the Penguins were last season. Holding Bettman's hand makes the Penguins worse to lose to in my books.

I would rather lose to the Pens. I just hate Pronger that much.

Sid is overhyped, but that's about all I hate about him, and it's not really his doing. Even if he tries a cheap-shot, it just looks like the naughty little boy throwing a tantrum that you half want to laugh at and half want to turn over your knee to teach him a lesson.

I can respect Staal and Fleury (except during interviews when I can't keep a straight face), and I kind of like Gonchar.

On the Ducks, there's what? Selanne? Beyond that, no one. And then there's Perry- a Pronger in training, but without Pronger's capabilities. I tried to do a face-morph thing for the photoshop thread mixing him and Tinkerbell. The eyes changed slightly, but that was about it.

If I have to lose to someone, I'd rather lose to a team that at least played the game without gooning it up. I still haven't forgotten Pronger's elbow to Homer in '07, nor his attempt on Stevie in '02 when he was with the Blues. I never, ever want to see that man lift the Cup again. I'd honestly rather see Sid with it.

I know that's just me, and I respect those who think differently. It sucked losing to the Pens too.

Edit: I should probably add that I'm just reacting to the specific teams, not that losing to an Eastern team means we made it further. Of course I want to get as far as we can, and that means facing a team from the East, but that didn't enter into my post. Carry on.

Edited by 55fan

I really hate it when a team from the Eastern Conference wins the cup.

When the Wings got knocked out in previous seasons, I always root for the West team even though they beat us.

I have an irrational distain for Eastern Conference teams.

I personally would have taken the loss to Anaheim in Game 7 to Root for the Ducks to go to the Finals and kick the crap out of Crosby and Malkin. Even if The Pens still won the Cup I would just love to see Pronger end Crosby for a while.

Are you crazy!!!? The Redwings made it to the FINALS!!! That is a big deal in and of itself and something we as fans should be proud of!!

I can't believe for a second you would rather see us lose in the second round to some team of thugs.

Let us put it in perspective, would you be saying that if you were a Toronto Maple Leafs fan whose team has not even been to the finals since 1967?

I hate the Penguins just as much as the next guy, second only to the Ducks of course.

I gain no solace from any of these truths. In fact, thats why I hate the Penguins, similar to why I hate the Ducks: when we lost to the Ducks, the Wings were the better team, but we beset with injury and the officiating at a double-standard and goonery allowed to pass killed the series.

Same thing happened with the Penguins this season, and almost last season. We were the better team. Injuries mounted and certain players didn't play to potential. Penguins have their share of villains, though instead of the powerful villains your respect, they are the entitled, corrupt villains you loathe.

The glaring difference between the Ducks and the Penguins is that I respect/slightly fear the Ducks, but the Penguins win based on opportunity and fishy-business from the NHL, who doesn't hide its burning desire for that team to win more than any other.

I have never in my life seen an NFL, NBA, MLB, or NHL team before the Penguins who were marketed as winners the entire season after they lost like the Penguins were last season. Holding Bettman's hand makes the Penguins worse to lose to in my books.

Who would you have rather seen the Pets beat in the finals? The Redwings or the Ducks? To me that would be far worse than this have to deal with two teams we all hate and yet another disappointing post season performance by the Redwings, like 03, 04, and 06.

The Redwings finally beat the Ducks and made it all the way to the finals despite their injuries, taking the series all the way to 7 games. That speaks volumes of this teams character. They have heart!! We should be proud of that, not wishing they lost in the 2nd round like a bunch of *******!!

Wait, am I reading this right? You would rather lose in the 2nd round? Then lose in the finals? That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard. I am just down right confused right now...

You don't want the chance cause it hurts? Do you want everything in life to be easy? To choose permanent losing over a chance at winning.

It just goes to show how spoiled Redwings fans have become!!

The Maple Leafs have not even been there since 1967!! I am sure they would kill just to be able to see their team even get back to the finals, much less win it all.

will the wings be in the center ice ads? nO! not that it matters but think of how annoying every ad of the penguins was and multiply it by 1000

Look at it this way, it aint going to help the Pets.

I say let them have the spot light and watch how every other team sets out to beat the crap out of them like never before!!

Meanwhile, the Redwings will continue to win under the radar and the Pets will falter and never be able to live up to their mountainous expectations, like the Yankees or Cowboys!!

The Ducks are the hardass, tough guy who only his friends like and everyone else hates to deal with.

The Penguins are the entitled, rich kid who has been told how great he is since he was a baby, and now is a s***-talking mama's boy. And NOBODY likes that guy....

dude... I couldn't agree more. perfectly worded. :thumbup:

Look at it this way, it aint going to help the Pets.

I say let them have the spot light and watch how every other team sets out to beat the crap out of them like never before!!

Meanwhile, the Redwings will continue to win under the radar and the Pets will falter and never be able to live up to their mountainous expectations, like the Yankees or Cowboys!!

Your post brought a smile to my face. Just thinking about how every team really brought it when they played us this season, and how Pit is going to have to do that next season gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.

Well, as a Wings fan, I'd honestly hate losing to the Ducks more than the Pens.

As a Hockey fan, I hate seeing the pens win. Being awarded a Stanley Cup for years of mismanagement is just a travesty, and I can already see the commercials next season -_-

I couldn't agree more. The annoying thing is the Blackhawks are now becoming the Penguins. Lets be the worst team in the league for a bunch of years, get a bunch of #1 picks and that will change things around! How many #1 picks have the Wings had in the past 18 seasons? Anyone?

I just can't stand the fact that the pens are only good because the WERE horrible. Take away their number 1 picks and what do they have. No Crosbitch, no Malktard, no Fleury.....there is no way the make the playoffs without those three. I do think management now is doing a great job adding players, but honestly, no way they make the playoffs without their number one picks.

That is the question it hurt losing to Anahiem bt not like this with the golden boy cindy and the rest. I can't take a whole season of seeing highlights of cindy raising his cup orthe other crap. I just checked TSN and found five stories about cindy and felt like I was stabbed. so who hurts more losing to the goon Pronger or the crybaby Cindy

Regular season or playoffs?

Regular season: Ducks

Playoffs: Penguins (because then we obviously got to the Finals and lost)

Overall I'd have to say Penguins just because they are so over-hyped that it's not even funny anymore. And now it will be even worse. They are the greatest team in the history of the NHL. Nobody cares about the Ducks anymore.