• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
reyalp

So I was looking for a new pair of shoes online today...

Rate this topic

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see why they chose Crosby of all people to represent the NHL.

He's a diver, whines far too much, and in all honesty, I really don't think he's even that good. Not to say he's a bad player by any means, but Zetterberg completely shut him down for the second year running.

Also, he can't even grow a beard. Come on.

Get used to it, Im sure he will be on Cereal boxes and late night TV, every intro to everything hockey will have his face and the cup beside it, Im sure the hockey night in Canada people are already inserting him into next years theme song pregame video.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see why they chose Crosby of all people to represent the NHL.

He's a diver, whines far too much, and in all honesty, I really don't think he's even that good. Not to say he's a bad player by any means, but Zetterberg completely shut him down for the second year running.

Also, he can't even grow a beard. Come on.

I'm sure 90% of the hockey world agrees.. I think Malkin is alot better than him.

Get used to it, Im sure he will be on Cereal boxes and late night TV, every intro to everything hockey will have his face and the cup beside it, Im sure the hockey night in Canada people are already inserting him into next years theme song pregame video.

Do you blame them? You do see the leagues need to market itself, right? Youwant the sport to remain viable, right?

I'm sure 90% of the hockey world agrees.. I think Malkin is alot better than him.

Malkin definately tore us a new one this season, and once he grows up a bit and stops taking retarded penalties hopefully some of the Pittsburgh spotlight gets shown on him. Also, does he speak English? I just noticed I never saw an interview with him.

Do you blame them? You do see the leagues need to market itself, right? Youwant the sport to remain viable, right?

They could market so many more players though. Better players, even.

Watching the game with some people who aren't hockey fans this year (not many of them in hawaii) even they got sick of it. Commercials, starring Crosby. Watch our ISO-cam, with Crosby. Red Wings scored a goal, lets get a reaction shot of Crosby on the bench!

It's getting old, and they really need to put new players / teams out into the spotlight.

Malkin definately tore us a new one this season, and once he grows up a bit and stops taking retarded penalties hopefully some of the Pittsburgh spotlight gets shown on him. Also, does he speak English? I just noticed I never saw an interview with him.

Yeah he's getting better at speaking english. I saw a post-game presser with him in the playoffs were he was joking around and stuff. He seems to be learning faster than Pavel atleast haha..

Anyway I don't think Malkin really "tore us a new one". He was held without a point in the last 3 games. If he had a healthy Datsyuk to go up against the whole series he wouldn't have gotten much done.

Yeah he's getting better at speaking english. I saw a post-game presser with him in the playoffs were he was joking around and stuff. He seems to be learning faster than Pavel atleast haha..

Anyway I don't think Malkin really "tore us a new one". He was held without a point in the last 3 games. If he had a healthy Datsyuk to go up against the whole series he wouldn't have gotten much done.

keyword being if =P

Fact of the matter, if Pavel had been healthy or if Malkin got suspended like he should have been, completely different series. But hey, it happens.

I guess I'll just have to be happy with 4 cup wins in 11 seasons with 18 consecutive post season appearances.

The league is doing a piss poor job of marketing itself. The NHL cannot become a force by marketing one player and one team. Crosby is not even the best player on his own team but he is marketed as the second coming of Christ. If Crosby was as good as the NHL makes him out to be, then Z would not have shut him down for 2 consecutive SCFs. The NFL is successful at marketing its sport because they market multiple stars and multiple teams, just as the NBA does. You would think Bettman would understand this seeing as he came from the NBA. Until the league markets multiple stars and multiple teams, it will continue to be a second tier sport.

NHL is destroying itself and Reebok wanted to jump on board the sinking ship? NHL is marketing a *****-leaguer who dives, crys, and complains more than a little girl starting her period. The government won't bail them out.... This has Freddy Mac written all over it.

Enjoy hockey while we have it folks, because it's gonna go to hell and turn into a *****-league.

Reebok is representing the Freddy Mac of NHL; the man who is destroying the sport that we all come love.

Oh look, sleezey opens his mouth again?

Oh look, Hockeyho1960 trolling me again with nothing to say. :)

Can that pea-sized brain in your cranium come up with anything of substance, or are you just going to act like a child all day?

NHL is destroying itself and Reebok wanted to jump on board the sinking ship? NHL is marketing a *****-leaguer who dives, crys, and complains more than a little girl starting her period. The government won't bail them out.... This has Freddy Mac written all over it.

Enjoy hockey while we have it folks, because it's gonna go to hell and turn into a *****-league.

Reebok is representing the Freddy Mac of NHL; the man who is destroying the sport that we all come love.

And your favorite site, Letsgowings.com, is pimping both of their products. Even Wings fans are selling out.

The NHL is marketing one of the greatest talents in the past 20 years. Do I sense hate and jealousy because he beat the Wing's? Crosby happens to be one of the top 5 players in the NHL that is North American, have you seen Malkin's or even Datsyuk interviews? Bettman comes from the NBA philosophy where individuals>team, I don't agree with it, but obliviously it works. So go ahead and continue to bash something that you have no control over, only wasting your breath. The marketing plan doesn't have much to do if anything with the actual game it self, so it's your loss if it 'ruins' it for you.

There's never been a reason to only use one player for marketing. In fact, it makes much more sense to use a core that represent various aspects of the league: the Boy Wonder, a hard working grinder, a sniper, a lights-out goalie.

There's no reason that it shouldn't be something like Crosby, Zetterberg, Luongo, Ovechkin, plus others, like Lecavalier or something.

Instead of seeing posters of Crosby everywhere they could have posters of 5 or so players for people to look at at a bus stop, etc.

I think I'm offended that they said "The First one's out of the way"

I mean really, what? Winning the Stanley Cup is not something you "get out of the way." It's a life long, sometimes unrealized, dream. There's no guarentee you're getting one, period.