• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shoe

Ken Hollands Backup plan (its worked before)

Rate this topic

Trade Hossa to the Islanders for their #1 pick, grab Tavares, watch Bettman crap himself when his new golden boy spends a few years in GR.

The number one pick for rights to a guy who won't sign with them. Not gunna happen.

Holland always has a backup plan, and it's always brilliant. I'm excited to see what he does this year. But no way in hell we go after Sundin. Nowhere near what he was. Unless he wants to sign for the league minimum and only play a few games here and there.

agreed, I'm all for grit depth that's what Dallas Drake brought us.

Also interesting question is say we get a 1st or 2nd/3rd for Hudler, could we trade our 1st and the 1st, or our 1st and the 2nd/3rd, for a top 5 draft pick?

LOL the wings with a top 5 draft pick, thats funny.

Don't you get it? Wings do not need another player like Matt Sundin, we have a whole team of that type of forward. We need a Neil, Laperriere, or someone that can play decent hockey with grit.

We were a tired, worn out, broken down team by game 7. Much like an old Hyundai.

Too soft...

Don't you get it? Wings do not need another player like Matt Sundin, we have a whole team of that type of forward. We need a Neil, Laperriere, or someone that can play decent hockey with grit.

We were a tired, worn out, broken down team by game 7. Much like an old Hyundai.

I detest guys like Lappy and Neil when they play against us,which is exactly why guys like them would be a great addition.

If we can't re-sign Hossa, and if we could get Mats as cheap as a Kansas City hooker, then I'd be ok with it. He's at the end and would die for a Cup. We want it back. He's not my first choice, but I could live with him in a limited role.

Guest micah
Not only that, but Talbot is a classless punk, who comes awfully close to exhibiting Claude Lemieux-like gutlessness with the way he cheap-shots and skates away to hide behind a ref.

LOL!

Talbot? Afraid of a Red Wing? LOL That's funny stuff right there. Dude picked a fight with Carcillo when his team needed a little spark - he isn't afraid of any of our girlscouts, I assure you.

I don't think Sundin provides anything the Wings lack. He's a steady veteran leader that wins faceoffs and isn't physical. I'd pass on him at basically any price.

I don't think Sundin provides anything the Wings lack. He's a steady veteran leader that wins faceoffs and isn't physical. I'd pass on him at basically any price.

That is the significant point right there. :thumbup: I agree.

I was really psyched for the Nucks when they got Big Mats. But after watching him more closely, he's just not a spark that lights a missing fire like Dally Drake was. He doesn't provide anything we don't already have.

Drake supplied the hunger of wanting a Cup, the passion of making up for a lost Wings career, and a swan song of one last season all wrapped into to one. He hit like Sundin will not, he provided energy which Sundin will not, and he could play more roles than Sundin, like an older Dan Cleary. And Sundin can't play the smothering forecheck anymore; he's lost his legs.

5 years ago, hell yes. 2009, no thank you.

Wow, this was fast; from Toronto Star:

Veteran centre Mats Sundin reportedly will not play for defending champion Sweden in the Winter Olympics next year.

"There will be no Olympics in Vancouver for me next year," Sundin was quoted as saying yesterday on the Swedish newspaper Expressen's website. "I will not change my mind. I think it's time the next generation takes over. We have many good players."

Maybe the other skate will drop soon.

I actually want to see Sundin here, but for the right price. My dream would be to see Hossa sign for $4 mil, then have Sundin sign a one year deal for $1 - $2 mil. He wants to win the Cup, I bet he'd be willing to take a pay cut to play with a bunch of his fellow country men, and it would be nice to have a good right handed shot on the powerplay.

How would we get the money? Good question. Drop Sammy and Hudler maybe. I don't know. That's why Kenny is the Wings GM and I'm just a crazy Wings fan on a message board. :hehe:

That is the significant point right there. :thumbup: I agree.

I was really psyched for the Nucks when they got Big Mats. But after watching him more closely, he's just not a spark that lights a missing fire like Dally Drake was. He doesn't provide anything we don't already have.

Drake supplied the hunger of wanting a Cup, the passion of making up for a lost Wings career, and a swan song of one last season all wrapped into to one. He hit like Sundin will not, he provided energy which Sundin will not, and he could play more roles than Sundin, like an older Dan Cleary. And Sundin can't play the smothering forecheck anymore; he's lost his legs.

5 years ago, hell yes. 2009, no thank you.

Sundin is NOT a leader, he's a follower. And I agree, there is no "spark" left.

Remember when they wanted to resign Matthew Schneider and he left for the Ducks same with Bertuzzi they wanted him as well.

Remember what happened? It seemed like I blinked called Schneider an ass for picking the ducks and next thing you know your hearing The Red Wings have signed Brian Rafalski, later on Dallas Drake was signed, Holland filled those holes pretty quickly with those 2 guys.

Im sure Holland has a backup plan in mind if Hossa dosnt resign or if they choose not to resign him, dare I suggest Mats Sundin? But Holland's backdoor plan always seems a bit more less obvious and more surprising.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I think the back-up plan if Hossa does not take an enormous paycut which I don't think that he will take is:

sign

Sammy, Conklin, Hudler, Jay and Abby

Trade Lebda and Kopy.

Hollland has already said that he isn't going free agent shopping. He has no money left.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I think the back-up plan if Hossa does not take an enormous paycut which I don't think that he will take is:

sign

Trade Lebda and Kopy.

Hollland has already said that he isn't going free agent shopping. He has no money left.

Well, to be honest, he said the same thign right before landing Hossa.

Why would the Wings want Sundin? We don't need another 39yo on this team right now - I like the fact the Wings are getting younger, not older. He's a 39 yo has been that wants to ride his way to a Cup. I wouldn't part with 1 million bux for him right now. I'd much rather keep Hossa... And even if Hossa leaves, no thanks anyways...

sign

Trade Lebda and Kopy.

Kopecky is a free agent. They'd have to sign and trade him and the Wings don't do that. Hudler didn't endear himself to anyone in the playoffs this year. He didn't score and played terrible defensively. Sammy is a goner, imo, unless he takes a paycut.