• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shoe

Ken Hollands Backup plan (its worked before)

Rate this topic

Remember when they wanted to resign Matthew Schneider and he left for the Ducks same with Bertuzzi they wanted him as well.

Remember what happened? It seemed like I blinked called Schneider an ass for picking the ducks and next thing you know your hearing The Red Wings have signed Brian Rafalski, later on Dallas Drake was signed, Holland filled those holes pretty quickly with those 2 guys.

Im sure Holland has a backup plan in mind if Hossa dosnt resign or if they choose not to resign him, dare I suggest Mats Sundin? But Holland's backdoor plan always seems a bit more less obvious and more surprising.

Guest REDWINGSFTW
Remember when they wanted to resign Matthew Schneider and he left for the Ducks same with Bertuzzi they wanted him as well.

Remember what happened? It seemed like I blinked called Schneider an ass for picking the ducks and next thing you know your hearing The Red Wings have signed Brian Rafalski, later on Dallas Drake was signed, Holland filled those holes pretty quickly with those 2 guys.

Im sure Holland has a backup plan in mind if Hossa dosnt resign or if they choose not to resign him, dare I suggest Mats Sundin? But Holland's backdoor plan always seems a bit more less obvious and more surprising.

totally agree i was surprised when they got hossa for one year

The backup plan if Hossa doesn't get signed is keeping Hudler, Sammy, maybe Conklin, etc.

Don't expect any big acquisitions this off-season. Actually, don't even expect any small ones.

We've got a ton of kids coming up (Helm, Leino, Ericsson, Abdelkader) that will fill any holes made by players leaving.

And as much as I like Sundin, he's not someone I'd want on this team.

Another example of Holland doing the unexpected is Leino. There was so much talk about Brunnström, and then Holland got Leino instead - the top scorer in the Finnish league.

if I wanted a guy who could score 2 goals in 1 game a series I'd sign Hossa :P

Not only that, but Talbot is a classless punk, who comes awfully close to exhibiting Claude Lemieux-like gutlessness with the way he cheap-shots and skates away to hide behind a ref. He's certainly come through for his team with some clutch goals against the Wings, but I would love to have seen a Wing break his freaking jaw after his spear to Ozzie and slash to Dats's foot.

The cap space simply isn't there, guys, and even if it was, I don't believe Holland would like to be flush against the cap again. He might sign a veteran defenseman or Dallas Drake-type, but that's the extent of the new players coming in I expect this summer.

Ok Im going to open this up (should be fun)

So we are all pretty disapointed in Hossa he didnt come threw as a 7 million dollar man in the playoffs.

So the options are

1 sign him long term at what would probably be a very similar contract to Franzens.

2 sign him to a short term deal at a "sale" price something like Paul Karrias ridiculous discount which Im sure the NHLPA will get all up in arms over.

3 let him go because the 2 sides couldnt find what worked for each other.

So for arguments sake lets say it didnt happen. If Mats Sundin could make up his friggin mind in 30 minute phone call and agreed to a deal paying him 3ish million over 1-2 years to finish out his career that gives the wings some options with Hudler or Samuelson.

Some things to think about who would you rather have on your wing Sammy or Sundin, whos body would you rather have in the corners Hudler or Sundin? Whos shot would you rather have Sundin hitting the back of the net upfront or Sammys hitting the boards from the point? (and even if he did Sundin could pick up the rebound and top shelf it from up front)

Im not Saying I want Sundin here im just saying he gives the wings some very interesting options if he could be signed at half of Hossas salary

options also include - faceoff ability, leadership, injury prone, another swede lol, age, hasnt won the big prize, cant make up his mind till March,

Even if the Wings don't resign Hossa, I think Sammy is gone. Also, if Kenny can get a second-rounder for Hudler, I think he might move him. I'd say the odds are 75-25 in favor of Hossa staying.

Guest E_S_A_D

Don't you get it? Wings do not need another player like Matt Sundin, we have a whole team of that type of forward. We need a Neil, Laperriere, or someone that can play decent hockey with grit.

We were a tired, worn out, broken down team by game 7. Much like an old Hyundai.

Don't you get it? Wings do not need another player like Matt Sundin, we have a whole team of that type of forward. We need a Neil, Laperriere, or someone that can play decent hockey with grit.

We were a tired, worn out, broken down team by game 7. Much like an old Hyundai.

You don't think having Cleary, Draper, Rafalski, Datsyuk and Lidstrom playing with injuries that would have had them out 2 weeks makes a difference? What game were you watching?

agreed, I'm all for grit depth that's what Dallas Drake brought us.

Also interesting question is say we get a 1st or 2nd/3rd for Hudler, could we trade our 1st and the 1st, or our 1st and the 2nd/3rd, for a top 5 draft pick?

agreed, I'm all for grit depth that's what Dallas Drake brought us.

Also interesting question is say we get a 1st or 2nd/3rd for Hudler, could we trade our 1st and the 1st, or our 1st and the 2nd/3rd, for a top 5 draft pick?

Trade Hossa to the Islanders for their #1 pick, grab Tavares, watch Bettman crap himself when his new golden boy spends a few years in GR.

Another example of Holland doing the unexpected is Leino. There was so much talk about Brunnström, and then Holland got Leino instead - the top scorer in the Finnish league.

Well, I mean it is obvious Leino needs another 12 years in GR to "mature" as a player fit to play on the mighty Red Wings. He needs to work on his two way play, give his all for 60 minutes and gain more experience in order to not make mistakes such as bad turnovers. You know, like our veterans in pressure packed game 6 and 7 situations.

Guest mindfly
I will cry if Sundin comes to the Wings. Did you guys notice anything about Sundin in the playoff? He does the faceoff and goes back to the bench. That was all he has done and that is why many of Canucks fans hated

Sundin with a fullseason (training camp, pre-season, whole regular season) is a huge asset for any team.. you can't judge him based on his little time in vancouver, he is a career point-per-game player in the same league as Jagr etc.

Sundin with a fullseason (training camp, pre-season, whole regular season) is a huge asset for any team.. you can't judge him based on his little time in vancouver, he is a career point-per-game player in the same league as Jagr etc.

Yes, and he's a mile past his prime.

Guest mindfly
Yes, and he's a mile past his prime.

Absolutely not, the full season before his vancouver stay he racked up like 82pts or something, at the age of 37.

Edited by mindfly