• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
shoe

If Hudler and Sammy arnt right for this team

Rate this topic

As Hudler and Sameulsons contract both come to an end the wings will have to decide if they want them to stay IF they arnt read into this...

"What happens is there's only so much pie to go around," Wings coach Mike Babcock said. "For example, if I'm not mistaken, doesn't (Evgeni) Malkin go from 3.5 to 8.7 (million)? There goes two more players. It's called math. So depth is really important as much as star power is. But what they've got going for them right now are good players and good players attract good players.

"Sometimes when it's a good situation, a good building coming, a good owner, good general manager, maybe you can get guys to come for less."

So wings have good players and its well known the attract good players and have done so at discounts

See where im going with this?

I have to stress FOR EXAMPLE

what if a guy like Fedorov walked into Sammys spot at a discount

what if a guy like Sundin took Hudlers spot at a discount?

Something like that could happen if Hossa didnt resign.

Edited by shoe

As Hudler and Sameulsons contract both come to an end the wings will have to decide if they want them to stay IF they arnt read into this...

"What happens is there's only so much pie to go around," Wings coach Mike Babcock said. "For example, if I'm not mistaken, doesn't (Evgeni) Malkin go from 3.5 to 8.7 (million)? There goes two more players. It's called math. So depth is really important as much as star power is. But what they've got going for them right now are good players and good players attract good players.

"Sometimes when it's a good situation, a good building coming, a good owner, good general manager, maybe you can get guys to come for less."

So wings have good players and its well known the attract good players and have done so at discounts

See where im going with this?

I have to stress FOR EXAMPLE

what if a guy like Fedorov walked into Sammys spot at a discount

what if a guy like Sundin took Hudlers spot at a discount?

Something like that could happen if Hossa didnt resign.

WTF? I am the only confused one the title said Hudler and Sammy. Babs qoute. Maybe leaving. Got thinking.

Then I read it and had nothing to do with Hudler or Sammy. Nothing Babs said made anyone think man Huds and Sam are gone.... My brain hurts

WTF? I am the only confused one the title said Hudler and Sammy. Babs qoute. Maybe leaving. Got thinking.

Then I read it and had nothing to do with Hudler or Sammy. Nothing Babs said made anyone think man Huds and Sam are gone.... My brain hurts

I was also confused and decided not to comment on it.

Im saying read into his words, if the team has holes they can fill them with GOOD players maybe better players CHEAP!

Hope that helps

No it doesn't help the fact your post has nothing to do with the title,sorry :flush:

So which players better than Hudler and Samuelsson are going to come in and play for Hudler and Samuelsson's current contracts, or a small amount more?

The Wings currently have signed for next season 9 forward, 8 defensemen, and 2 goaltenders if you include Howard as the backup. This leaves about $3.229m in cap space if you assume the cap stays the same. The Wings would need to sign three forwards for less than that, if nobody is dumped. Kopecky likely can be kept for about $575k. This leaves about $2.65 in cap space to sign two forwards. Figure Hudler and Samuelsson can be kept for that number. Which two forwards would you suggest can be kept for those kind of contracts who are better than Hudler and Samuelsson? I can't think of anyone who would take less than $2.65 ON THEIR OWN who is better than either Huds or Sammy, let alone two forwards who can be kept for that amount.

Im saying read into his words, if the team has holes they can fill them with GOOD players maybe better players CHEAP!

Hope that helps

He's talking about what has already happened with the Wings. Zetterberg, Franzen, Lids etc. signing for less then they could have gotten elsewhere.

And Hossa coming here for a one-year deal, declining tons of money from other teams.

He's saying that the Pens could get the same kind of situation, where players want to come there and take a discount for a chance to win.

It has nothing to do with unrealistic ideas of signing Fedorov and Sundin for less money than Hudler and Sammy.

I think I understand what shoe is saying(even though Babcock was talking about the Pens situation). If Hudler and Samuelsson aren't willing to play here for a reasonable contract ie "aren't right for this team" then Holland and Babacock will find similar players who will fit their roles for a reasonable amount. Is that what you meant shoe?