• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey9019

Red Wings fans picture on NHL.COM

Rate this topic

ohhhhh got it now. So does that make me a bad person that I stayed and watched them skate around the cup. I will forever be able to say that I seen the Cup get awarded on ice. I can't say it was the team that I wanted to see win, but I still got to see history made.

I told my wife that night.

"I guess I'm really a HOCKEY fan, as much as I am a Red Wings fan"... because even though it wasn't Detroit and I was hollowed out inside, I still had to crack a smile when the Stanley Cup was lifted. Sure, I'm disappointed it wasn't our guys - but it's still the realization of some dreams. If you can't be happy about seeing someones dreams realized then I think you need to take a look at yourself.

I told my wife that night.

"I guess I'm really a HOCKEY fan, as much as I am a Red Wings fan"... because even though it wasn't Detroit and I was hollowed out inside, I still had to crack a smile when the Stanley Cup was lifted. Sure, I'm disappointed it wasn't our guys - but it's still the realization of some dreams. If you can't be happy about seeing someones dreams realized then I think you need to take a look at yourself.

Seconded. I was glad to see some of those guys getting their chance to hoist it (Gonchar and Guerin mainly, although Guerin already had).

Seconded. I was glad to see some of those guys getting their chance to hoist it (Gonchar and Guerin mainly, although Guerin already had).

God help me, throughout the whole disappointment and shock, I wasn't angry with the rest of the Pens. Crosby lifting the Cup was nauseating, but as a hockey fan I had to watch. The sheer joy on Malkin's face made even me a little (but only very, very slightly) warm inside, before they again cut to Crosby and I had to fight back vomit.

Saw this after the cup win. Shows what kinds of fans we really DO have here!

rc0bi8.jpg

what's the big deal? that the wings fans didn't bolt out the joe after the game was over?

I didn't watch any of the post-game trophy presentations. I couldn't stomach it. Sure it's great to have a dream fulfilled and all that jazz, but if it ain't Nick and the boys holding it, I have no desire to see it.

Yup, sorry but I couldn't care less about Crosby's dream being realized. Still haven't seen any video of the presentation thankfully.

I didn't see any post game presentations. I haven't visited nhl.com and tsn.ca after saturday's game. I'm perfectly sure they have nothing for Red Wings fans on their sites. The league wanted it and they finally passed it to Cindy. Good for them.

I don't understand Red Wings fans in this picture as well. When it comes to the Stanley cup play-offs, I'm not a fan of hockey, I'm a fan of my team. Because of these people NHL officials feel they can do whatever they want to the game I love.

And there was one more for reason for me to want us to win this season. I just wanted to see what NHL is going to do with the rules and officiating next play-offs to give it to "the best player in the game" who "rightfully deserve it" and is a "generational talent"...

Guest micah

I can identify as many Pens fans as Wings fans in that picture, I'm not sure what it's supposed to illustrate?

That the Pens fans travel well?

That so many Detroit fans ran crying to the parking lot that the Joe's remaining occupants were a 50/50 mix of home and away fans?

this is a nice post. congrats on a spectacular season and hope to see you again next year.

just curious though....... were the resounding boo's during the cermonies for the pens or for bettman?

Honestly, I think it was 90% booing Bettman and 10% booing Crosby. A lot of the Wings fans stayed the whole time, and there was a big cheer for Mario lifting it up.

If memory serves, the Wings fans even booed Bettman in 2002 when the Wings won the Cup in game 5 at the Joe, and he had to say something to the effect of, "I come bearing gifts!"

I can identify as many Pens fans as Wings fans in that picture, I'm not sure what it's supposed to illustrate?

That the Pens fans travel well?

That so many Detroit fans ran crying to the parking lot that the Joe's remaining occupants were a 50/50 mix of home and away fans?

More like season ticket holders are struggling to pay the bills and so they sold their tickets to Pens fans.

Guest micah
More like season ticket holders are struggling to pay the bills and so they sold their tickets to Pens fans.

Game 7 tickets?! Man, I think I'd look at selling a kidney first.

this is a nice post. congrats on a spectacular season and hope to see you again next year.

just curious though....... were the resounding boo's during the cermonies for the pens or for bettman?

Mostly Bettman. When Bettman was speaking, there was nothing bu boos in the crowd, but once Bettman was gone the boos pretty much went away.

I think that there were a number of people that were booing Sidney- because many of the people around me watched him the whole time before he got into the handshake line and couldn't believe that he hadn't gotten in line to shake hands and was so preoccupied with celebrating with members of his own team.

Why is it that every time I begin to not despise Crosby that he does something else boneheaded to make me start to hate him again?

Mostly Bettman. When Bettman was speaking, there was nothing bu boos in the crowd, but once Bettman was gone the boos pretty much went away.

I think that there were a number of people that were booing Sidney- because many of the people around me watched him the whole time before he got into the handshake line and couldn't believe that he hadn't gotten in line to shake hands and was so preoccupied with celebrating with members of his own team.

Why is it that every time I begin to not despise Crosby that he does something else boneheaded to make me start to hate him again?

im guessing because you are looking for reasons to hate him

im guessing because you are looking for reasons to hate him

You would be wrong then. I am not actively seeking reasons to like him, that is for sure, but like I said, I had pretty much gotten over the hating him part and then he goes and pulls a boneheaded thing like not using his brain and following the tradition of sportsmanship until someone finally reminded him that he had to do it.

I was not among the fans shouting "Crosby sucks" when he got hurt. He played a hard fought series and was the captain of a Stanley Cup winning team. But as the captain you are required to show leadership to the rest of your team. He should have been the first in that line, not the last.

You would be wrong then. I am not actively seeking reasons to like him, that is for sure, but like I said, I had pretty much gotten over the hating him part and then he goes and pulls a boneheaded thing like not using his brain and following the tradition of sportsmanship until someone finally reminded him that he had to do it.

I was not among the fans shouting "Crosby sucks" when he got hurt. He played a hard fought series and was the captain of a Stanley Cup winning team. But as the captain you are required to show leadership to the rest of your team. He should have been the first in that line, not the last.

well im glad you arent among those people. my guess would be he got caught up in the single most exciting moment in his life to date and maybe didnt get to the line as quickly as he should have. the kid gets torn up for everything that he does. im sure he will mature to everyones lofty standards in time.

Bettman all the way.