• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingsownnhl43

Chris Pronger

Rate this topic

This thread is a year premature but I have been playing around on capgeek.com running through all sorts of situations that may play out for next season and i noticed something.

We will have over ten million dollars in expiring contracts coming off the books after next season which includes Nick Lidstroms 7.6 salary. If we are able to get Hossa back in the mix we will have around 6 million to play with. Nick will be 40 years old at that point so if we win him a fifth cup i could definitely see him calling it a career.

Which brings us to our next point: Replacing Nick. So I started looking at the best available defensemen for the 2010 free agent class and at the top of the list, Chris Pronger.

You all know where im going with this, but before you call me crazy, when I say at the top of the list, i mean at the top of the list. The next best available dman was Marek Zidlicky. Also..

1. We will have about 10 million in cap room and with the way the Red Wings operate, we will without a doubt be looking to sure up our defense.

2. Why would Pronger leave one western conference powerhouse to go to another? Well, with trade rumors spiraling around him, Anaheim may make that move for him. I certainly cant see him spending his remaining years in the NHL with a team like LA if this trade were to end up happening. Also, I could fully see Pronger wanting a shot to take out his former team if he were moved.

Like I said, i know this is a year premature, but it is the offseason after all so I think its interesting to discuss. Begin.

you have GOT to be kidding me. You're actually suggesting we replace Lord Lidstrom when he retires with CHRIS PRONGER?? :blink:

That would be like the United States asking Saddam Hussein to be the next president.

That would be like Al Qaeda asking a jew to be their next leader.

are you out of your ******* MIND?

you have GOT to be kidding me. You're actually suggesting we replace Lord Lidstrom when he retires with CHRIS PRONGER?? :blink:

That would be like the United States asking Saddam Hussein to be the next president.

That would be like Al Qaeda asking a jew to be their next leader.

are you out of your ******* MIND?

Who do you got in mind

This thread is a year premature but I have been playing around on capgeek.com running through all sorts of situations that may play out for next season and i noticed something.

We will have over ten million dollars in expiring contracts coming off the books after next season which includes Nick Lidstroms 7.6 salary. If we are able to get Hossa back in the mix we will have around 6 million to play with. Nick will be 40 years old at that point so if we win him a fifth cup i could definitely see him calling it a career.

Which brings us to our next point: Replacing Nick. So I started looking at the best available defensemen for the 2010 free agent class and at the top of the list, Chris Pronger.

You all know where im going with this, but before you call me crazy, when I say at the top of the list, i mean at the top of the list. The next best available dman was Marek Zidlicky. Also..

1. We will have about 10 million in cap room and with the way the Red Wings operate, we will without a doubt be looking to sure up our defense.

2. Why would Pronger leave one western conference powerhouse to go to another? Well, with trade rumors spiraling around him, Anaheim may make that move for him. I certainly cant see him spending his remaining years in the NHL with a team like LA if this trade were to end up happening. Also, I could fully see Pronger wanting a shot to take out his former team if he were moved.

Like I said, i know this is a year premature, but it is the offseason after all so I think its interesting to discuss. Begin.

You can not replace Lids , he is 1 of a kind... when Lids is gone forget looking for a D man of his caliber , get a Elite goalie to make up for his loss.

I'm sorry, if you'll excuse me.

Are you out of your f**king mind? You seriously think we should replace Nick Lidstrom, arguably the greatest defenseman of his generation, top 3 all-time........with Chris Pronger? Chris Pronger isn't fit to lick Nick's skate blade, but you want him taking his spot on the team.

I'd rather see Sidney Crosby on the Wings than Chris Pronger.

Edited by Electrophile

As much as I hate Chris Pronger, I would absolutely love him on the Wings. He's one of those guys who you absolutely hate if he's playing against you, but love him if he's on your team. Chelios did it, and he was probably more hated around here than Pronger.

Having said that, it will never happen.

Guest Crymson

No thanks. I like that the Wings are a classy team, and on that note I'd rather not see them sign the dirtiest player in the league. I don't care if he's good.

Are you out of your f**king mind? You seriously think we should replace Nick Lidstrom, arguably the greatest defenseman of his generation, top 3 all-time........with Chris Pronger? Chris Pronger isn't fit to lick Nick's skate blade, but you want him taking his spot on the team.

Seconded like mad whoa. Also, I laugh in the face of anyone who thinks that Lids would ever be "replaceable" in any sense of the word except that we'd need a new d-man. There'd be someone to fill his roster spot, but regardless of who it is, they could never replace Nick.

No thanks to either. Number 1 and 2 "Most whiniest players in the league." Certified.

I agree with every thing else that you say. It's hard to believe that I'm hearing praise on this site for one of, if not the most, dirtiest players in the league!

Pronger as a Wing would be my worst nightmare. :scared:

Guest micah

I would take Pronger in a heartbeat.

Chelios was a dirtier player, and a cowardly bitchon top of it. At least Pronger will back up his questionable plays once in a blue moon.

Replacing Nick Lidstrom is something that has to be done at some point. While he's a great DMan, he's also just a name on a depth chart. Somebody else's name has to go there.

I'm not sure Lidstrom looked any better than Pronger did these playoffs anyway.

What ever you want to call it, it is going to change the Red Wings drastically once Lidstrom retires.

We will need a top 1 Dman. A dominant force to lead the Dfense and start the offensive break out.

I never see Bouwmeester play so i do not know if he is that man. Pronger can certainly do it all, and sometimes a little too much.

Its a dilemma that I'm sure Kenny and Co. are looking at as we speak.

What ever you want to call it, it is going to change the Red Wings drastically once Lidstrom retires.

We will need a top 1 Dman. A dominant force to lead the Dfense and start the offensive break out.

I never see Bouwmeester play so i do not know if he is that man. Pronger can certainly do it all, and sometimes a little too much.

Its a dilemma that I'm sure Kenny and Co. are looking at as we speak.

I think it's fitting that the Wings are finally getting some quality goaltending prospects because they'll need them after Lidstrom leaves.

Also, at this point, nobody in the defense corps screams "No. 1 defenseman" but neither did Lidstrom when he was in their stage of development. At this point, my bets are on Big E. Him and Kronner can be the new Nick and Rafi.

I think its interesting to discuss. Begin.

Good idea. Then let's sign Claude Lemieux and groin shot Eddie. Then we can become Black Hawk fans. If you wanted to come up with a more stupid idea then the one you did, it would actually take some effort.