• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BewareThePenguin

Congratulations to your team for a great finals series

Rate this topic

As I said in my original post "this time it will be different" I wouldn't have wanted to face any other team but yours. That wasn't from overconfidence, but from respect. If you really want to be called the best, you have to beat the best. Playing, or even beating Chicago just wouldn't be the same.

I knew then the potential this series had to be something special, and was glad to see it lived up to it, all the way down to the last exciting, excruciating seconds of Game 7. (I still can't believe the Wings were able to get off a shot like that with only 6 seconds left.)

I still believe Jordan Staal's short-handed goal was the moment the series swung in the Pens' favor... and I had lots of fun here, even when you guys were dumping on me and counting the series over after game 5.

By the way, rumor has it Marian Hossa's agent contacted Mike Shero to see about changing sides after the Pens went up 2-0 Friday Night. Apparently he thought coming back gave him the best shot to win the Cup.

One more thing -- I know your town is going through some tough times. Here's a little secret: had the Wings won, I would've been disappointed, but glad for you in that regard. You'll have to go through now what Pittsburgh did a few decades ago, and it won't always be easy sailing. But just as Pittsburgh emerged and became what's been called a model economic city, so I'm confident you can do the same.

Anyway, time to say so long, and thanks for having me here the last few weeks.

Doobie doobie doo,

BTP

Definitely congrats, and it was an awesome year for both teams. Hopefully there is a rubber match next year.

Thanks for letting some of us Pens fans on this board. You guys are definitely great.

Great team, great board, great fans.

Congrats to the Pittsburgh Penguins and to all thier fans. You defintley were the better team and deserved it. The fans in the Igloo remind me alot of the fans in Phoenix in 98 when the Wings Faced the Yotes in the opening round of the 98 Playoffs with how loud and faithful you were and the White-outs you guys were able to do. Great job Fans in cheering your Pittsburgh Penguins to the 2009 Stanley Cup Championship.

Beating the best would mean beating a healthy Red Wings team. One of our lines was an AHL line from the Grand Rapids Griffins. Congrats for taking advantage of the opportunity.

Next year a Caps and Wings series would be awesome! It will help the NHL ratings facing AO!!! He's an amazing player. :)

Congrats finally getting your cup. Enjoy it while you have it, because it's coming back home to Hockeytown where it belongs next year.

Beating the best would mean beating a healthy Red Wings team. One of our lines was an AHL line from the Grand Rapids Griffins. Congrats for taking advantage of the opportunity.

Next year a Caps and Wings series would be awesome! It will help the NHL ratings facing AO!!! He's an amazing player. :)

Congrats finally getting your cup. Enjoy it while you have it, because it's coming back home to Hockeytown where it belongs next year.

For the first time, I actually agree with something this guy has said. At least the beginning.

Congratulations on getting lucky enough in that the series was as close as can be and some of the Wings were recovering from among the most unusual of injuries. When you play an opponent with your top defenseman recovering from testicular surgery, come talk to us.

I'm not as sure about the Pens but the Wings aren't getting back to the finals next year. Not unless they overhaul their roster with a bunch of players who won't play in the Olympics next year.

As I said in my original post "this time it will be different" I wouldn't have wanted to face any other team but yours. That wasn't from overconfidence, but from respect. If you really want to be called the best, you have to beat the best. Playing, or even beating Chicago just wouldn't be the same.

I knew then the potential this series had to be something special, and was glad to see it lived up to it, all the way down to the last exciting, excruciating seconds of Game 7. (I still can't believe the Wings were able to get off a shot like that with only 6 seconds left.)

I still believe Jordan Staal's short-handed goal was the moment the series swung in the Pens' favor... and I had lots of fun here, even when you guys were dumping on me and counting the series over after game 5.

By the way, rumor has it Marian Hossa's agent contacted Mike Shero to see about changing sides after the Pens went up 2-0 Friday Night. Apparently he thought coming back gave him the best shot to win the Cup.

One more thing -- I know your town is going through some tough times. Here's a little secret: had the Wings won, I would've been disappointed, but glad for you in that regard. You'll have to go through now what Pittsburgh did a few decades ago, and it won't always be easy sailing. But just as Pittsburgh emerged and became what's been called a model economic city, so I'm confident you can do the same.

Doobie doobie doo,

BTP

Not trying to start a huge debate here, but that goal just can't be the turning point. The Wings responded the next game with a lopsided victory. If anything, that 5-0 game was the turning point. The Pens figured something out going into the next game and the Wings offense was nearly non-existent in the final two games.

Edited by Dano33

Not trying to start a huge debate here, but that goal just can't be the turning point. The Wings responded the next game with a lopsided victory. If anything, that 5-0 game was the turning point. The Pens figured something out going into the next game and the Wings offense was nearly non-existent in the final two games.

It's just my point of view of course, but think about it. The Red Wings are up 2-1 on a power play -- a goal there and it's 3-1 and they're quite possibly on their way to a 3-1 series stranglehold. Instead the Pens turn a man disadvantage into a tying goal -- and from there went on their big 5-minute run that was the first team they'd exploded on Detroit like that. That goal made a 2-2 series tie possible. Losing the next game was bad, but there's a big difference being down 3-2 and 3-1.

Edited by BewareThePenguin

The Pens played the boards better all seires. Keeping it to the sides and behind the nest 9 times out of 10 left Detroit with either a sloppy shot or a turnover. It really helped avoid all that crease traffic the Wings seem to need to get going. It seemed to take 2 guys just to get 1 Penguin off the puck along the walls. All that defense didn't seem to help once we got it in your zone, along the blueline though, the Wings were great.

Oh.. to the guy crying about Lids salty balls, we did have Gonchar playing through a torn MCL you know..

BTP,

Thanks, I appreciate your kind and respectful words. I know a lot of people here might be upset, so you'll need to ignore them for now. As much as I think there is a slight conspiracy with Bettman, the league, and the refs, there's no doubt in my mind that Pittsburg is the better team, and they deserved to win.

I still don't like Crosby though, but it was great to see Malkin get MVP, he deserved it. I thought Osgood would be a candidate, but he didn't steal the show enough to trump the winning team.

Congrats and enjoy it. We will definitely beware of the Penguin from now on!

Edited by Holmstrom96

Least you have class, most of em that come on here dont. Great series, the Pens deserved it, but we'll be back for your title next year!

Just like most of the asshat fans on the Detroit side last season that went into all the Pens fans forums and talked smack after we won the cup. Sure, there have been a number of moron Pens fans in this forum talking smack, but not a few notable people like BewarethePenguin. It's obvious he is not only a Pens fan, but a hockey fan as well.

It was an excellent finals series. Now is the long 3+ month lull until hockey starts back up. The summer is always boring this time of year.

In truth, the turning point was when Lidstrom had a ******** speared from his body and Datsyuk sustained his own serious injuries.

Pittsburgh deserves the Cup because they outplayed us over 7 games.

However, I have a feeling it's a completely different outcome if both Datsyuk and Lidstrom were at least marginally healthy. Same with Cleary, Rafalski and Homer.

I know that Gonchar was playing on a bad knee, but I don't think the Pens were even remotely as banged-up as the Wings.

That's the benefit of playing in the Eastern Conference where it's a glorified pond-hockey tournament.

The West is a war, while the East is a paintball tournament.

I've been saying this for years, but the only time an East team has a shot at the Cup is if the West finalist is too banged up from the previous 3 rounds. I believe that to be true this year too.

The Wings had more depth in every position but we simply ran out of gas. Making it as deep as they have 3 years in a row, and sustaining some pretty serious injuries will do that to you.

In truth, the turning point was when Lidstrom had a ******** speared from his body and Datsyuk sustained his own serious injuries.

Pittsburgh deserves the Cup because they outplayed us over 7 games.

However, I have a feeling it's a completely different outcome if both Datsyuk and Lidstrom were at least marginally healthy. Same with Cleary, Rafalski and Homer.

I know that Gonchar was playing on a bad knee, but I don't think the Pens were even remotely as banged-up as the Wings.

That's the benefit of playing in the Eastern Conference where it's a glorified pond-hockey tournament.

The West is a war, while the East is a paintball tournament.

I've been saying this for years, but the only time an East team has a shot at the Cup is if the West finalist is too banged up from the previous 3 rounds. I believe that to be true this year too.

The Wings had more depth in every position but we simply ran out of gas. Making it as deep as they have 3 years in a row, and sustaining some pretty serious injuries will do that to you.

Excuses are for losers.

Excuses are for losers.

Ok, I wasn't going to bring this up here and I know you can't live in the past and I've been catching a lot of flack from other boarders on other boards bout the whole Crosby Snubbing thing and all but what is the Pens excuse for losing to the Wings last season?? How do you expalin winning a series in 1 less game than this one. I'm not trying to be rude or bitter. I'm also not trying to make excuses for the Wings. They simply didn't bring their game in the last round. Franzen was absent on the Scoreboard along with Hossa. Z was to busy trying to shut down Crosby and Malkin which neither of them did a whole lot in this series, Brads Stuart played a crucial part in the last game basically gift-wrapping the First goal of the game in Game 7 for the Pens. I mean just because you have the Cup now doesn't mean ya need to get high and mighty.

Yes you're on the top of the mountain now but that also means you have the targets on your back all next season. So while you can be relieved that you have the Summer to enjoy this Stanley Cup which is a great accomplishment by the Pens Team and Organization don't forget the past. Pens players certainly didn't forget the past and that's what helped them in the Present so I say to you fans just beacuse you are the best team this season doesn't mean you'll be the best next season.

So please don't tell me that we are making up excuses when you all did that last year. Thanks.

Doobie doobie doo,

BTP

Was that suppose to be a joke?

It's time to leave trolls. No one gives a s*** what you have to say. No one cares if you are trying to be nice or trying to be a dick. You can pretend that you are being nice and civil but we all know that that is bulls***. f*** off.

LOL!

Excuses are for losers.

Not trying to start something here, but say that the NHL grew a pair and actually suspended Malkin for Game 3 as the rule states. He obviously doesn't get the 3 assists he had, and say Detroit beat the Pens to go up 3-0. Are you saying that the thought "Detroit won because we didn't have Malkin" would never have crossed your mind? Detroit's injuries definately were a factor in the series. No, Pittsburgh didn't beat Detroit because they were healthier, they beat Detroit because they outplayed them. However, injuries absolutely played a part in Detroit's lackluster play.

By the way, does anyone have the numbers from the Pen's Cup parade? I read on NHL.com that "tens of thousands" came. Is that anywhere near the over one million that came for each of the 4 parades in Detroit?

Contrary to how the red wings play, hockey is physical game. Injuries are thus part of it. That's why using it as an excuse is just laughable.

And no, us trolls won't leave.

Only absolute losers hang around on sites of the opposing team days after winning and continue to troll.