• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BewareThePenguin

Congratulations to your team for a great finals series

Rate this topic

Contrary to how the red wings play, hockey is physical game. Injuries are thus part of it. That's why using it as an excuse is just laughable.

And no, us trolls won't leave.

If you come here simply to start s***, your stay here won't be very long. Take the examples of Duck Guy and BewarethePenguin as opposing fans who contribute nicely here and run with that.

Contrary to how the red wings play, hockey is physical game. Injuries are thus part of it. That's why using it as an excuse is just laughable.

And no, us trolls won't leave.

Remember this?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08158/887855-61.stm

Illness, injury hit Malkin

Combination caused late slump in playoff production

Friday, June 06, 2008

By Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

One of the major mysteries of the Penguins' playoff run has been solved.

Evgeni Malkin's performance level declined late in the postseason, at least in part, because he had a flu-like ailment that made it difficult for him to keep food down early in the Stanley Cup final against Detroit.

He also is believed to have been bothered by the effects from a crushing check he got from Philadelphia center Mike Richards in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference final.

Malkin had 17 points in the Penguins' first 10 playoff games, but only two over the next eight before closing out the Cup final with a goal and two assists in the final two.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08158/88785...0IWbDkDLp&D

Get the f*** out of here. A select few of you Pens fans were people I wouldn't mind watching a hockey game with, but most of you simply trolled this forum incessantly for two weeks while the finals were on. I have no kind words for you.

To the Pens fans who were classy enough not to talk trash and instead simply enjoy a great series and root for their team, congratulations. To the rest of you, kindly leave.

Our team and our coach never used that as an excuse for why we lost.

Your fans sure as hell did. And there you go again, our team and coach didnt use it as an excuse. They knew they were beat, but they acknowledged that the injuries were there. There's a difference, but for some reason I dont believe you'd understand anyways.

Our team and our coach never used that as an excuse for why we lost.

Neither have our players or coach.

P.S. Watch that first step off the bandwagon. It's a doozy.

P.S.S. I remember a heck of a lot of crying coming from Therien last year regarding the officiating. "Waaaa! Waaa! Call penalties! WAAA! Our players aren't used to backchecking or defensive systems! WAAA! We're from the Eastern Conference where we don't play defense! WAAA!!!"

Edited by Hank

Beating the best would mean beating a healthy Red Wings team. One of our lines was an AHL line from the Grand Rapids Griffins. Congrats for taking advantage of the opportunity.

Next year a Caps and Wings series would be awesome! It will help the NHL ratings facing AO!!! He's an amazing player. :)

Congrats finally getting your cup. Enjoy it while you have it, because it's coming back home to Hockeytown where it belongs next year.

If I had a time machine, I'd go back and buy your father a condom and try to convince him not to f*** his drunk retarded cousin.

Edited by Sneaky Pete

If I had a time machine, I'd go back and buy your father a condom and try to convince him not to f*** his drunk retarded cousin.

pull the tampon out of your ****** and go enjoy your cup. It'll be the last time they'll win it in your lifetime. (if Pens don't go bankrupt first)

It's nice to see a stand up hockey fan. I have seen and heard nothing but hatred coming out of Pittburgh. The Pens peaked at the right time and fought hard thru the entire playoffs. Scott Ferrell said some horrible things about the people in Detroit not just the Wings. I couldn't believe the things he said about the economy in Detroit and the state of the city, it was hard to listen to. Not to mention the things he said about Hossa. The wings will be fine and who knows it may be a rubber match for the cup next year. Wouldn't that be something?? Anyway, Congrats Pens. :(

******* butf***ingmen kissers, enjoy yr ******* undeserved cup

Um, yeah.....

Anyways...

I haven't like some of your posts that I've read BTP, but personally even when we were up in the series this was a hard place to be in and I'm busy anyways.

Congrats to you and a big :thumbup: on celebrating with some dignity.

It's nice to see a stand up hockey fan. I have seen and heard nothing but hatred coming out of Pittburgh. The Pens peaked at the right time and fought hard thru the entire playoffs. Scott Ferrell said some horrible things about the people in Detroit not just the Wings. I couldn't believe the things he said about the economy in Detroit and the state of the city, it was hard to listen to. Not to mention the things he said about Hossa. The wings will be fine and who knows it may be a rubber match for the cup next year. Wouldn't that be something?? Anyway, Congrats Pens. :(

Ignore all the stupid comments, especially about the economy. Hard times are no laughing matter. Remember, too, though, a lot of things are said just to be as nasty to the opponent at the time, and I've heard them all, about most cities in the country. In other words, don't take it personally.

I am a life-long Pens fan, Pittsburgher, played hockey as a kid, really became a fan of the NHL when I was @ Mario Lemieux's first home game here in the 'burgh...I've been to a few All-Star games, the Cup Finals in 91 & 92 and 08, and yes, I was there when your team hoisted the Cup in our house, I marveled at the reactions of the team, the pride on their faces, the joy expressed on winning the best damn championship in professional sports...I can't say i wasn't bummed out but I was in no way shape or form pissed off at Detroit and the team...I just wanted revenge, a chance to redeem ourselves against the same team...and I went to 6 games of the playoffs this year at home, sadly only 1 Finals home game though (damn tickets are freakin' expensive). I have really good friends from Detroit all of which BLEED red & white and I have been to your city a few times and I must say I enjoyed every visit and I have been reading up on your posts here when the playoffs began but have yet to comment.

I just wanted to say "thank you" to Detroit and to your kick ass hockey club and thnx for one helluva Stanley Cup Final, Detroit. The two best teams played each other in what for me was the best damn Stanley Cup Final to watch as a fan of the sport and of my team, the Pens.

I pay no mind to ramblings about handshakes, parade #'s or trivial matters such as 'the refs costs us this or that', I mean come on, one can always challenge ANY call made in ANY NHL game, to simply place it all on the shoulders of the refs is insane...hell, what matters to me was what happened on the ice between these two great NHL teams. The Red Wings were BY far the best damn team the Pens faced in the playoffs this year. And I dare say the Pens were BY far the best team the Red Wings faced...it just doesn't get any better than a game 7 for all the marbles, win or lose just thank your lucky stars your team and your city was a part of this.

Cherish the fact that Pittsburgh and Detroit were able to spar on the ice this year and damnit, let's hope BOTH teams make it back to the Finals next year, that would be simply amazing.

Thanks HockeyTown, you showed Pittsburgh, the CITY OF CHAMPIONS what it takes to be one helluva hockey town, a team to emulate and to respect. I can only hope the Pens reach the heights your team has achieved in its storied past and we continue to duke it out in the playoff next year.

and...Hossa who?

post-17807-1245163827_thumb.jpg

Edited by CityOfChampionsPittsburgh

Hey I've been a long time lurker and I have always liked the Red Wings but just wanted to tap the hockey stick and give my respects to the Wings and their fans. I think Detroit and Pittsburgh actually have some similarities as blue collar fanbases go. Naturally I had some grumpiness last year about some of your fans -- but after the Pens played Philly and Washington, I remembered that, actually, Detroit's fans in general are pretty good.

I am a life-long Pens fan, Pittsburgher, played hockey as a kid, really became a fan of the NHL when I was @ Mario Lemieux's first home game here in the 'burgh...I've been to a few All-Star games, the Cup Finals in 91 & 92 and 08, and yes, I was there when your team hoisted the Cup in our house, I marveled at the reactions of the team, the pride on their faces, the joy expressed on winning the best damn championship in professional sports...I can't say i wasn't bummed out but I was in no way shape or form pissed off at Detroit and the team...I just wanted revenge, a chance to redeem ourselves against the same team...and I went to 6 games of the playoffs this year at home, sadly only 1 Finals home game though (damn tickets are freakin' expensive). I have really good friends from Detroit all of which BLEED red & white and I have been to your city a few times and I must say I enjoyed every visit and I have been reading up on your posts here when the playoffs began but have yet to comment.

I just wanted to say "thank you" to Detroit and to your kick ass hockey club and thnx for one helluva Stanley Cup Final, Detroit. The two best teams played each other in what for me was the best damn Stanley Cup Final to watch as a fan of the sport and of my team, the Pens.

I pay no mind to ramblings about handshakes, parade #'s or trivial matters such as 'the refs costs us this or that', I mean come on, one can always challenge ANY call made in ANY NHL game, to simply place it all on the shoulders of the refs is insane...hell, what matters to me was what happened on the ice between these two great NHL teams. The Red Wings were BY far the best damn team the Pens faced in the playoffs this year. And I dare say the Pens were BY far the best team the Red Wings faced...it just doesn't get any better than a game 7 for all the marbles, win or lose just thank your lucky stars your team and your city was a part of this.

Cherish the fact that Pittsburgh and Detroit were able to spar on the ice this year and damnit, let's hope BOTH teams make it back to the Finals next year, that would be simply amazing.

Thanks HockeyTown, you showed Pittsburgh, the CITY OF CHAMPIONS what it takes to be one helluva hockey town, a team to emulate and to respect. I can only hope the Pens reach the heights your team has achieved in its storied past and we continue to duke it out in the playoff next year.

and...Hossa who?

:clap: