• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BewareThePenguin

Congratulations to your team for a great finals series

Rate this topic

I am a life-long Pens fan, Pittsburgher, played hockey as a kid, really became a fan of the NHL when I was @ Mario Lemieux's first home game here in the 'burgh...I've been to a few All-Star games, the Cup Finals in 91 & 92 and 08, and yes, I was there when your team hoisted the Cup in our house, I marveled at the reactions of the team, the pride on their faces, the joy expressed on winning the best damn championship in professional sports...I can't say i wasn't bummed out but I was in no way shape or form pissed off at Detroit and the team...I just wanted revenge, a chance to redeem ourselves against the same team...and I went to 6 games of the playoffs this year at home, sadly only 1 Finals home game though (damn tickets are freakin' expensive). I have really good friends from Detroit all of which BLEED red & white and I have been to your city a few times and I must say I enjoyed every visit and I have been reading up on your posts here when the playoffs began but have yet to comment.

I just wanted to say "thank you" to Detroit and to your kick ass hockey club and thnx for one helluva Stanley Cup Final, Detroit. The two best teams played each other in what for me was the best damn Stanley Cup Final to watch as a fan of the sport and of my team, the Pens.

I pay no mind to ramblings about handshakes, parade #'s or trivial matters such as 'the refs costs us this or that', I mean come on, one can always challenge ANY call made in ANY NHL game, to simply place it all on the shoulders of the refs is insane...hell, what matters to me was what happened on the ice between these two great NHL teams. The Red Wings were BY far the best damn team the Pens faced in the playoffs this year. And I dare say the Pens were BY far the best team the Red Wings faced...it just doesn't get any better than a game 7 for all the marbles, win or lose just thank your lucky stars your team and your city was a part of this.

Cherish the fact that Pittsburgh and Detroit were able to spar on the ice this year and damnit, let's hope BOTH teams make it back to the Finals next year, that would be simply amazing.

Thanks HockeyTown, you showed Pittsburgh, the CITY OF CHAMPIONS what it takes to be one helluva hockey town, a team to emulate and to respect. I can only hope the Pens reach the heights your team has achieved in its storied past and we continue to duke it out in the playoff next year.

and...Hossa who?

that's great to see the cup with the point in the background in the City of Champions I take it that was real deal with that pic,no photoshoping ? If you could please provide a link to more pics of it in Pittsburgh. Man that cup gets around !

As has been said in a recent issue of SI. 'Heres to many more finals meetings between these two teams'.

A rubber match would be awesome. Let's just hope both teams can be fully rested before the series starts. I think that really handicapped the wings later in the series.

A rubber match would be awesome. Let's just hope both teams can be fully rested before the series starts. I think that really handicapped the wings later in the series.

I don't mind these two teams playing but if they hook up again next year and play. The finals would be pretty boring seeing them play over and over. I like to see some new teams there.

I am a life-long Pens fan, Pittsburgher, played hockey as a kid, really became a fan of the NHL when I was @ Mario Lemieux's first home game here in the 'burgh...I've been to a few All-Star games, the Cup Finals in 91 & 92 and 08, and yes, I was there when your team hoisted the Cup in our house, I marveled at the reactions of the team, the pride on their faces, the joy expressed on winning the best damn championship in professional sports...I can't say i wasn't bummed out but I was in no way shape or form pissed off at Detroit and the team...I just wanted revenge, a chance to redeem ourselves against the same team...and I went to 6 games of the playoffs this year at home, sadly only 1 Finals home game though (damn tickets are freakin' expensive). I have really good friends from Detroit all of which BLEED red & white and I have been to your city a few times and I must say I enjoyed every visit and I have been reading up on your posts here when the playoffs began but have yet to comment.

I just wanted to say "thank you" to Detroit and to your kick ass hockey club and thnx for one helluva Stanley Cup Final, Detroit. The two best teams played each other in what for me was the best damn Stanley Cup Final to watch as a fan of the sport and of my team, the Pens.

I pay no mind to ramblings about handshakes, parade #'s or trivial matters such as 'the refs costs us this or that', I mean come on, one can always challenge ANY call made in ANY NHL game, to simply place it all on the shoulders of the refs is insane...hell, what matters to me was what happened on the ice between these two great NHL teams. The Red Wings were BY far the best damn team the Pens faced in the playoffs this year. And I dare say the Pens were BY far the best team the Red Wings faced...it just doesn't get any better than a game 7 for all the marbles, win or lose just thank your lucky stars your team and your city was a part of this.

Cherish the fact that Pittsburgh and Detroit were able to spar on the ice this year and damnit, let's hope BOTH teams make it back to the Finals next year, that would be simply amazing.

Thanks HockeyTown, you showed Pittsburgh, the CITY OF CHAMPIONS what it takes to be one helluva hockey town, a team to emulate and to respect. I can only hope the Pens reach the heights your team has achieved in its storied past and we continue to duke it out in the playoff next year.

and...Hossa who?

Go kiss you dady Battman and say thank you for the cup. Don't forget the refs to. Morons

Yeah. Congrats on taking 7 games to beat a pretty much banged up Red Wings team. I didn't even realize how hurt most of our guys were. You don't beat a healthy Wings squad. Honestly. The play of the Pens was not that impressive. Enjoy the cup anyway. <_<

And I dare say the Pens were BY far the best team the Red Wings faced...

WRONG! The Ducks were, by far, the best team we faced in the playoffs.

Edited by MIN8TV

Yeah. Congrats on taking 7 games to beat a pretty much banged up Red Wings team. I didn't even realize how hurt most of our guys were. You don't beat a healthy Wings squad. Honestly. The play of the Pens was not that impressive. Enjoy the cup anyway. <_<

Well said.

I would not call this a great finals series, in fact it was the worst one I have ever seen. It was rushed and crammed into a small time frame, 1 team was beat up and the officiating was as bad as any I can ever remember.

The series made the NHL look like a joke.