• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Snazzy

Worst NHL Team Names, Logos, or Colors?

Rate this topic

On the other hand, I have yet to hear you actually defend the Sabres old logo, hm? You've set up a fine army of straw men by acting like I talked about the Rangers logo or something, but why is the old Sabres' logo so great?

Probably because the buffalo actually looks like a buffalo?

They don't have to be groundbreaking designs, but as long as they describe the team well and are visually appealing, then they should be used.

The old logo (even the black, red and silver one) did that.

Also the old leaf is a good, simple design. None of the old logos are bad looking.

It's a penguin with a hockey stick. Lol.

Imagine if the Anaheim had a duck with a hockey stick... I'd laugh at that too.

they used to have a third jersey with a mighty duck like that old cartoon with a stick. i liked the ducks better as the mighty ducks of anaheim, now they are just the ducks, lame

http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v104/n...rd1995-1996.jpg

I was at this party wearing my wings jersey one time and i was talking to people about how boring and dumb basketball is and how much i hate the lakers. And this one dude kept saying the flyers suck and stuff, thinking I was wearing a flyers jersey..... it was so annyoing. I was like "yea well the flyers do suck..." and hes like "well why are you wearing their jersey then?!?! :blink:

Ok some of the team names seem to be a quandry for people...

Senators just about every sport has had a Senators in it at one time or another... The concept is of the Ancient Roman Senator... That is what they are trying to capture...

Blues has come up a few times... Rythem & Blues, you know Muddy Waters & BB King? The music Rock & Roll is derived from? Yes St. Louis has a history with R & B...

Red Wings, honestly I don't think anyone knows on this one... As in the old saying "A riddle, surrounded by mystery, wrapped in an enigma", but really here is a link http://proicehockey.about.com/od/history/a...wing_origin.htm

I see Coyotes you say what do they have to do with hockey? What does the desert have to do with hockey?

Why has no one asked what a Thrasher is yet?

O6 teams

Sharks

Caps

they could burn the rest and start over as far as I care, and they probably will mess up the Caps and Sharks Unis down the line...

P.S. I am not fond of team names that are not identifiable nouns...

Edited by Wingseroo

What the hell is with the Sabres? I've been a Sabres fan since the mid-90's. They replaced one the best logos in sports with one of the worst,everyone hates it, the fans have petitioned the org to get them to change it back and they won't. WTF. They said if it's a Gm7 SCF they'll wear the old logo. In other words never gonna happen.

And whats up with teams changing their colors to navy blue (Rams, Canucks,Sabres, Padres)??? Pretty soon every team in sports is going to be navy blue. Way to be original.

The Padres have used navy blue since 1991, so it's not a new thing for them. They substituted the sand color for orange in 2004. Whatever color they have now is definitely an improvement over the Taco Bell unis they used to have with brown, orange and gold. Almost no one wants to see those again. Also, I would like to see them use the sand color as a trim color instead of making the enire road unis in that color.

ur Crazy. All I'm sayin is no logo is all that imaginative. The only thing that really makes a logo cool is the tradition behind it. What the hell else are they gonna put on there? A Buffalo and two freakin Sabres. How is the shoulder patch better? YOU couldn't come up with a B and a Sabre sword? I mean its not a Dali painting. Its not gonna be that imaginative. Teams should just stick to their logo let it become tradition. you wanna talk about cookie-cutter logos. everyone wants to go for this sharp-angled futuristc thing. Compare the Buffaslug, Patriots new logo, Carolina Panthers logo, Rams. That s*** is so yr. 2000. I'd rather be traditional the new wave.

What is a cool and "imaginative" logo in your book?

The Blues' logo. It's simple, elegant, and, yes, imaginative. The same holds true for the Winged Wheel. And I also really like the Wild's logo, as well as the Capitals' shoulder patch.

Funny you mention the Carolina Panthers - that's also excellent logo design, the shape of the panther is supposed to resemble the Carolinas.

The only thing that really makes a logo cool is the tradition behind it.

Basically what you're telling me is, no new logo can be good until it's been around for 30 or 40 years, and at some point it changes from "futuristic" (i.e., bad) to "traditional" (i.e., good.)

Also the old leaf is a good, simple design. None of the old logos are bad looking.

I would like the leaf a lot better if they took out the ugly TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS wording in the middle of it.

Why has no one asked what a Thrasher is yet?

Cause most of us already know it's a bird?

(They do have some of the absolute worst uniforms, though. Good God, how many different colors does a team need?)

The Padres have used navy blue since 1991, so it's not a new thing for them. They substituted the sand color for orange in 2004. Whatever color they have now is definitely an improvement over the Taco Bell unis they used to have with brown, orange and gold. Almost no one wants to see those again. Also, I would like to see them use the sand color as a trim color instead of making the enire road unis in that color.

I wish teams would just keep their "ugly" colors instead of changing them to navy or red. At least Brown and orange are rarley used and provide some originality. You can make the uni's more appealing but still use the colors. I have a brown and gold Padres cap and people always compliment it. I love that color scheme. Navy is so boring.

Anyhow, the original Sabres logo, the second (white buffalo head) logo, ANYTHING but the buffaslug!

I wish teams would just keep their "ugly" colors instead of changing them to navy or red. At least Brown and orange are rarley used and provide some originality. You can make the uni's more appealing but still use the colors. I have a brown and gold Padres cap and people always compliment it. I love that color scheme. Navy is so boring.

Anyhow, the original Sabres logo, the second (white buffalo head) logo, ANYTHING but the buffaslug!

I really liked their third uniforms

3rdjersey-23.jpg

>>>You can make the uni's more appealing but still use the colors.

You're right. I didn't have a problem with the unis the Padres wore from 85-90. They used the white at home, gray for the road and the numbers were brown with orange trim. Nothing wrong with those. But please, no brown tops or an entire uni in mustard yellow. I don't want to get a headache watching the team play.

>>>Anyhow, the original Sabres logo, the second (white buffalo head) logo, ANYTHING but the buffaslug!

Yes. Agreed. The Buffalo with the two swords or the black and red with the buffalo head are better than the slug.

Here is a subject that we don't see on LGWs. Top stupidest NHL team names, ugliest logos and, for fun, the ugliest team colors. Of course this is my opinion.

Summary:

New Jersey Devils - Probably one of my favorite team names. Awesome logo.

i love the logo too, love the design of it all

The Coyotes suck it is such and ugly red. I hate the Thrashers the most just because of the different color on each shoulder. It looks so stupid. I have no problem with the color but just having the different arms look dumb. I like th Red wings the best but I also like The Wild also.

I for one of the few thought the first gen. Coyotes Jerseys were great (I still have a green hat w/the face logo). The green and red colors were better than the current red, and the ancient coyote looks less cartoonish and more original. It doesn't make me wonder if I'm looking at an alternate Wild jersey