• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Coolio Mendez

Illitch "snubs" Bettman

Rate this topic

I don't find it funny. If the Wings had won, Illitch would've shaken his hand no matter how bad of a commissioner he is. That's poor sportsmanship.

No disrespect, but get your head out of your ass. Illitch knows better than any of us how Bettman has mismanaged and hurt the league, the sport of hockey in general, and made running a business like the Wings not as smooth as it should be (I'm thinking of the promise Bettman made to put the Wings back in the East, retarded scheduling like all of the last season couple seasons - not this season, and "revenue" sharing that takes alot of money from very profitable teams like the Wings and throws it in a toilet (Phoenix)).

I don't find it funny. If the Wings had won, Illitch would've shaken his hand no matter how bad of a commissioner he is. That's poor sportsmanship.

Does anyone know if Mr. Illitch shook Bettman's hand last year after we won? Would be interesting to know.

I think I am the only one who gets the Irony of this post. But, its not really a good idea to get under the skin of the best owner in you sport Gary. It was only a matterof time until Ilitch started in on him. Gary, you may be the commisioner, but who do you think elects that position? Right... You have definately crossed the line this year Gary. You should've just kept Malkin suspended...

Don't really like it, with all the Crosby snub complaints and all, but there is no tradition saying that Illitch should shake his hand after the series.

I think I am the only one who gets the Irony of this post. But, its not really a good idea to get under the skin of the best owner in you sport Gary. It was only a matterof time until Ilitch started in on him. Gary, you may be the commisioner, but who do you think elects that position? Right... You have definately crossed the line this year Gary. You should've just kept Malkin suspended...

As far as the Malkin suspension..

Honestly, I think everyone knows that if Zetterberg came after Malkin, or another Wings player pulled that crap, there would of been suspension on the grounds of : "A player of his caliber should know better, and understand the rules."

As far as the Malkin suspension..

Honestly, I think everyone knows that if Zetterberg came after Malkin, or another Wings player pulled that crap, there would of been suspension on the grounds of : "A player of his caliber should know better, and understand the rules."

of course maybe Malkin doesn't understand the rule. Every pic I see of him, it looks like all he can say is "Duh.... Gee.... Ok...."

of course maybe Malkin doesn't understand the rule. Every pic I see of him, it looks like all he can say is "Duh.... Gee.... Ok...."

Now THAT is hilarious. During the series 97.1 had a thing going where people called in with who should play what player on the Pens. Someone called in with Herman Munster for Malkin.

Illitch isn't a sportsman, he's a businessman. And clearly he thinks Bettman is hurting his business. And clearly, he's a good businessman. Just saying.

Wait, people care and/or are upset by this? Why? If Ilitch wanted to spit on his shoes, it's his prerogative to do it. I'd like to think he wouldn't do something like that, but if he did.....what can we do about it? He's not required to be nice to the guy, no one is.

I'd have more of a problem with this if say.....we won and Nick wouldn't look at the guy when taking the Cup from him or something.

Losing the Cup has brought out the worst in some people.

well first off, last year/early this year Bettman openly stated that Pittsburg was going to win the cup. He made sure of it this year with the finals scheduling and ref-ing!

He's a fixer alright...but fix does not mean 'repair' in this instance.

I was surprised to see that many people feel the same way about this ass-clown as I do...the "booing" when he took the mic was classic!

The media is having an orgasm over this - Crosby is the face of the NHL? says who?!

Edited by kelloggfan

Illitch vs Crosby snub comparisons arent even analagous. It's not like Illitch brushed past the owner of the Pens and snubbed him because of the defeat.

The supposedly neutral governing officer of the league got snubbed by a top owner who basically exhibited what we're all thinking- that Bettman sucks, with some dignity befitting his station. I'd feel exactly the same about the incident if the Wings won and Illitch snubbed Bettman, in fact it would be even classier.

I don't think Mr. I has liked Bettman since the first work stoppage.

Crosby snub = classless and a 328 post (at the time of this posting) thread.

Illitch snub = the right move and barely any notice.

Love this place.

Off-ice vs on-ice tradition.

On another note: it was classy of Bettman to offer to shake hands with a man who hates his guts.

Good on him.

+1

Bottom line, Bettman gave Pit a better chance to win by recinding Malkin's instigator that would've resulted in a game 3 suspension, in turn, giving Detroit an unfair advantage because Pit's leading scorer wouldn't be there to get three assists that night, one on an offside non-call and one shorthanded, directly after Pit should've been whistled for having six players on the ice and instead of calling the penalty, the ref simply yelled at the player to get off the ice for 20 plus seconds.

As a result, Bettman and the refs handed the series to Pit. Considering that most experts say the non-call and short handed goal was the turning point of the series...

Ilitch (and 28 other owners) sees the crap, and without saying a word, showed how disgusted he is with Bettman. He is watering down the league and ruining the sport. Not very wise Gary to get your voted best owner in sports on your bad side, who do you think the rest of the owners (besides Pussei Lemeiux) will side with when it comes time to vote on essential items? NUmber 1 being new ownership of the Coyotes, "oh Gary, we'd lke to keep them in Phoenix, but No!" Sale approved, back to Canada they go! Voila!

Edited by LeftWinger

Bottom line, Bettman gave Pit a better chance to win by recinding Malkin's instigator that would've resulted in a game 3 suspension, in turn, giving Detroit an unfair advantage because Pit's leading scorer wouldn't be there to get three assists that night, one on an offside non-call and one shorthanded, directly after Pit should've been whistled for having six players on the ice and instead of calling the penalty, the ref simply yelled at the player to get off the ice for 20 plus seconds.

As a result, Bettman and the refs handed the series to Pit. Considering that most experts say the non-call and short handed goal was the turning point of the series...

Ilitch (and 28 other owners) sees the crap, and without saying a word, showed how disgusted he is with Bettman. He is watering down the league and ruining the sport. Not very wise Gary to get your voted best owner in sports on your bad side, who do you think the rest of the owners (besides Pussei Lemeiux) will side with when it comes time to vote on essential items? NUmber 1 being new ownership of the Coyotes, "oh Gary, we'd lke to keep them in Phoenix, but No!" Sale approved, back to Canada they go! Voila!

No chemical free mind thought there was a chance in hell that Malkin was going to be suspended, that rule hasn't been enforced whatsoever.

Buttman is a ******, but say so for the correct reasons. He didn't hand anyone the Cup; the Wings blew it.

I'm mixed on the this.

On the one hand, Ilitch has plenty of reasons to hate Bettman (Lids/Dats suspension, schedule etc etc etc). On the other - suck it up, be a good sport, and shake his hand.

You know what's really bizarre about this though? We're treating shaking Bettmans hand like its shaking the hand of the winning team (at least in my mind thats how it feels). Doesn't that tell us everything?