• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

2010 Team USA Roster?

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

im sort of bored now that the seasons over, so im trying to put together team USA on my NHL09 rosters...here's what i've got so far...

let me know if you think i should: make some line switches; swap some regulars for scratches; lose roster'd players for guys not even on the list...etc...

Forwards:

d. brown-s.gomez-b.gionta

z.parise-c.drury-b.rolston

c.higgins-p.kessel-p.stastny

p.mueller-r.kesler-p.kane

scratches - j.blake, e.cole, m.cullen, b.guerin, j.langenbrunner, d.legwand, m.modano, k.okposo, j.pominville, k.tkachuck

Defensemen:

k.ballard-r.whitney

j.johnson-e.johnson

j.liles-m.niskanen

scratches - m.carle, j.corvo, t.gilbert, m.komisarek, j.leopold, p.martin, b.rafalski, m.schneider, r.suter

Goalies:

r.dipietro

r.miller

scratches - b.boucher

Tim Thomas in net is the glaring piece that's missing here. Beyond that, I think Langenbrunner's in the lineup and some young guys like Pavelski, Backes, and Ryan get long looks.

And no Raf on the back end seems odd, why is he scratched over some of these really young and unproven guys?

Edited by Anomalously

Guest blueadams
Tim Thomas in net is the glaring piece that's missing here. Beyond that, I think Langenbrunner's in the lineup and some young guys like Pavelski, Backes, and Ryan get long looks.

And no Raf on the back end seems odd, why is he scratched over some of these really young and unproven guys?

tim thomas over my third goalie? langenbrunner over who? ____ryan? and again...these guys get looks over who?

per raffy, im a little sick of raffy at the moment, and im trying to go with a youth movement wherever its debatable.

My idea: (your USA is very good however...)

Parise-Gomez-Rolston Whitney-Corvo Thomas

Kane-Drury-Brown Liles-Ballard Di Pietro

Tkachuk-Kessel-Guerin Johnson-Niskanen

Langenbrunner-Mueller-Pominville

tim thomas over my third goalie?

Tim Thomas is probably going to win the vezina this year so not only will it probably be Tim Thomas over your third goalie but more than likely he will be starting over the injury prone dipietro

My idea: (your USA is very good however...)

Parise-Gomez-Rolston Whitney-Corvo Thomas

Kane-Drury-Brown Liles-Ballard Di Pietro

Tkachuk-Kessel-Guerin Johnson-Niskanen

Langenbrunner-Mueller-Pominville

You are missing kesler... he is better than both Tkachuck or Guerin!

Fowards:

Z.Parise/P.Kessel/B.Ryan

D.Brown/R.Kesler/J.Langenbrunner

D.Booth/J.Pavelski/Kandy Kane

D.Backes/C.Conroy/R.Malone

Scratches: Really too many to name but I'll throw a few out here: Drury,Umberger,Legwand,Cole,Gurein,Tkachuk,Gomez,Blake,Madano,Wheeler

Defense:

J.Corvo/B. Rafalski

K.Ballard/P.Martin

R.Scuderi/M.Komisarek

Scratches: H.Gill,B.Orpik,M.Carle,JM.Liles,J.Leopold,J.Johnson aka JMFJ,R.Suter,M.Stuart and more blah blah

Goalies:

T.Thomas

Dippy

Edited by Johnny Diamonds

Tim Thomas is probably going to win the vezina this year so not only will it probably be Tim Thomas over your third goalie but more than likely he will be starting over the injury prone dipietro

How about Thomas/Miller/Conklin, DiPietro watches on TV like the rest of us? IMO, at this point, he hasn't really earned a spot on the team.

How about Thomas/Miller/Conklin, DiPietro watches on TV like the rest of us? IMO, at this point, he hasn't really earned a spot on the team.

Sounds good to me. It will be interesting to see how DiPietro bounces back after missing pretty much all of last season. I bet the Islanders are regretting that life time contract now.

Kesler's very good forward,but i've put in the line-up some experience :lol:

meh experience is overrated... experience trashed a hotel room like little sissys when they lost.

The USA are going to be serious contenders in 2010. Right now, I'd consider Canada, Sweden, Russia, and the States to all have equal chances on winning gold.