• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BlakKy

Remembering the best playoff series

Rate this topic

This video is a great summary and testament to the series against Anaheim.

This video was produced by the CBC as an intro for game 7.

When I watched this before the game I sat back and knew I was goign to watch something epic. The series to this point had everything a great series could ask for, a brilliant game 7 (and a Detroit win) was absolutely the tastiest icing ever.

No cup but lets remember the biggest win this year.

Edited by BlakKy

Yes the Ducks-Wings series was as good as advertised.

The 2002 WCF is still my all-time favorite best of 7 series. That was a series you knew you'd remember the rest of your life, win or lose, it was that important to the rivalry.

CBC really had some great montages this year.

Fantastic series, probably the best I've ever been able to watch every game in. It really felt like it was the two best teams in the league fighting for the cup, even though it didn't quite turn out that way.

Looking at that game winning goal by Lids...

I just look at it and wish it could have been the same for the last shot of the year.

The toy duck being hanged is the best.

Yes the Ducks-Wings series was as good as advertised.

The 2002 WCF is still my all-time favorite best of 7 series. That was a series you knew you'd remember the rest of your life, win or lose, it was that important to the rivalry.

As John Buccigross pointed out at the time, there were 13 future Hall Of Famers on the ice in that series (Datsyuk would be the 14th if he makes it).

The Wings performance in Game 6 of that series was possibly the best game I have ever seen them play, given the circumstance. They totally pwned the Avs on the forecheck.

As John Buccigross pointed out at the time, there were 13 future Hall Of Famers on the ice in that series (Datsyuk would be the 14th if he makes it).

The Wings performance in Game 6 of that series was possibly the best game I have ever seen them play, given the circumstance. They totally pwned the Avs on the forecheck.

True. It was Epic and mythic and had it all. Those days were something else. Don't get me wrong, I love this team, but that was once in a lifetime. I hate and respect Crosby as a player, but nothing will compare to my mutual hate and respect for Roy. When we played the Avs you had real fear and nerves, but when we pulled it out it was the best. The writer of "Blood Feud" says that game 7 was the end of the rivalry and Detroit totally dominated.

True. It was Epic and mythic and had it all. Those days were something else. Don't get me wrong, I love this team, but that was once in a lifetime. I hate and respect Crosby as a player, but nothing will compare to my mutual hate and respect for Roy. When we played the Avs you had real fear and nerves, but when we pulled it out it was the best. The writer of "Blood Feud" says that game 7 was the end of the rivalry and Detroit totally dominated.

Well said. I feel bad for the people who have become Wings fans since the Colorado days. No words or articles or books and even videos truly do the rivalry justice. You had to be there. Colorado has been forever stained. It doesn't matter that there's virtually no one left from the rivalry. I hate Anaheim more right now, but I will never bring myself to say I like Colorado.

And as for 2002 WCF vs. 2009 Anaheim series, I loved the Anaheim series but as someone mentioned, 2002 was memorable.

I'll always remember this Anaheim series as a grind and a nailbiter. Great hockey all around. But I don't have any moments (except for maybe Cleary's final goal) etched in my mind. However, 2002 is ripe with iconic images (Roy's statue of liberty comes to mind immediately, the Game 6 and Game 7 raping of the Avs, etc.)

This year will go down as a classic in my book, but 2002 was the epitome of greatness.

This is why when I made this thread I gave due credit to the series with the Avs.

That will forever be my favourite series.

When it comes to iconic images the one that comes to my mind is unfortunately Hudler getting wrecked... Cleary flat on his back celebrating his GWG in game 7 is etched in as well.

Aaah, yeah ... I miss our rivalry with the Avs. That series in 2002 was the epitome of epic. I remember sitting in my basement watching game 7 and just going nuts.

Game 7 of the Ducks series was pretty epic too (Cleary <3), but man ... 2002 will always be the best.

Edited by wingsgirl001