• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amsoil33

Remember This Lidstrom Defensive Gem?

Rate this topic

Dude's a beast, no doubt about that. Super brilliant play...

If only there was one of these plays for every time Hasek burped up the puck 30 feet from the crease...that certainly happened a lot.

I still think it's one of the most amazing plays I've ever seen. The strength and precision needed to keep a puck out with one hand on your stick is crazy. Plus the awareness to head straight for the net once he saw that puck go. Most guys would've skated behind Dom and chased Grier probably.

If only there was one of these plays for every time Hasek burped up the puck 30 feet from the crease...that certainly happened a lot.

How many times did it end up on net? You make it sound like Detroit didn't do well with Hasek guarding the net.

Guest DetroitBoy313

You know what the funny thing is,I knew it was going to be that play even before I clicked on the link.Only a true Wings fan would of known that. :D :D

You know what the funny thing is,I knew it was going to be that play even before I clicked on the link.Only a true Wings fan would of known that. :D :D

You can count me in that group as well, one of the most amazing plays I've ever seen to this day, I was just thinking about it earlier while watching the NHL awards. IMHO this is Lidstroms "Flying Bobby Orr" play.

I wonder what Hasek was thinking after that one? I cannot find this quote anywhere, but I swear that in his rookie year they asked Crsoby what impressed him most in the NHL and his response was "Nick Lidstrom." I'm sure if you asked him today he would say "Me", but it shows there was a time the kid got it.

Amazing play, etched in my memory forever. The funny thing is, Nick had to have been confident to make that play. There's a 90% chance that puck goes in anyway but Nick somehow got his stick at exactly the right level and kept his arm stiff. Amazing.

I didn't realize it was possible to be a Lidstrom "hater"...doesn't that automatically make you a complete ******* idiot? He's the best defenseman in the world, possibly the best ever.

I wonder what Hasek was thinking after that one? I cannot find this quote anywhere, but I swear that in his rookie year they asked Crsoby what impressed him most in the NHL and his response was "Nick Lidstrom." I'm sure if you asked him today he would say "Me", but it shows there was a time the kid got it.

I believe the question was something along the lines of, "Who did you know was good, but had no idea how good until you played against him?"

Of course, I could be 100% wrong.

That was a 2006 interview for Hockey News magazine right before his second season.

I believe the question was something along the lines of, "Who did you know was good, but had no idea how good until you played against him?"

Of course, I could be 100% wrong.

"Who is the hardest to play against one-on-one?"

How many times did it end up on net? You make it sound like Detroit didn't do well with Hasek guarding the net.

Easy killer...Hasek was outstanding at just that...guarding the net. But be honest with yourself, Hasek was one of the all time worst at playing the puck away from the crease, and while it was usually harmless, he didn't always have Lids there to save him. And it did cost us a goal in the playoffs in '07, when he lost it to Michalek behind the goal line and it was in the net off Thorton's stick not even a second later... All that said, nobody's trying to take away from this play by Nick or the career of Hasek...sheesh.

Edited by Pasha13