• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

reyalp

Favorite team or teams OTHER than the Wings

Rate this topic

Hawks, Bruins, Habs, and Caps are all favorites as long as they're not playing the Wings.

And yes I like the Hawks, I can't help it. Too much history and now with Kane and Toews, it's hard to not like them. Same with the Caps and Ovi.

I like the Hawks alot too, Kane and Toews are too fun to watch.

Washington Caps.

I'm a season ticket holder. :)

Buzz me if you ever want some decent seats. ;) Dont think i'd be able to go to every single home game this year.

B

I'm hoping to move to DC within the next 5 years once I finish up my Masters and I hear that the Caps are a very fan-friendly organization. Since I'm too far to go to expensive Wings games regularly, I'm hoping that once I'm in DC I can catch a lot of NHL hockey games.

Wings will always be my absolute favorite and I will never favor another team over them.

It used to be the Penguins, but after watching my Wings play them two years in a row in the Finals, I can't find myself liking them any longer which is tough considering I live in Pittsburgh.

I've always like the Leafs, they're a fun team to watch. Mike Richards is my favorite non-Red Wings player, but I don't think under any circumstances, I could cheer for the Flyers.

TBH, I never understood how people could have other teams that they like. There are certainly other teams I mind less than the others, but its the Wings or no one for me. When the Wings aren't playing, I (a) hope the team that will help the Wings most wins or (b) if neither help, I prefer to see the team I dislike the least win. However, I don't like another team.

Similar to that is Team USA. When they got eliminated from the Olympics in 2006, I wasn't cheering for Sweden but I preferred them to win because of the amount of Wings on their roster.

We all have teams we hate, like most of us would agree the Ducks and Pens.... What are the teams you like? I like the Wild alot, and I know most of you are gonna flame but I like the Preds too. I used to hate the Preds until I went and witnessed the ass kicking of a life time in Nashville this year when the Wings lost 8-0. They have a pretty exciting team to watch and the fans were actually really really nice to me. I dunno why but I've always liked the Wild too.

I like the Wild as well, I'm not quite sure why I do I just like the Minnesota Wild. I also like the Boston Bruins. As for the only Canadian team that I like goes back to the Orginal Six. I like the Toronto Maple Leafs. Other than that my favorite teams are minor league teams.

I enjoy almost any team in the East. I am not sure why, I think it is the style of hockey is night and day between East and West. I know this is childish but I really don't like any team that plays where they don't have a winter. I don't think that is the whole reason but every time I have to shovel my walk or drive to work in the white stuff I hate warm weather hockey fans. It truly is as wrong as two boys doing the waltz, naked.

My favs:

Rags

Washington (Yeah I joined the Hype)

Philly (I like them mostly because the hat the Pens)

Chicago... I think.

I hate:

Carolina (How did they make to Eastern Conf. What a joke the East is!)

Florida

Tampa

The Gretzkty's

Anahiem

LA

Oh yeah and... Pittsburg

Edited by IceMunkee

TBH, I never understood how people could have other teams that they like. There are certainly other teams I mind less than the others, but its the Wings or no one for me. When the Wings aren't playing, I (a) hope the team that will help the Wings most wins or (b) if neither help, I prefer to see the team I dislike the least win. However, I don't like another team.

Similar to that is Team USA. When they got eliminated from the Olympics in 2006, I wasn't cheering for Sweden but I preferred them to win because of the amount of Wings on their roster.

Agreed, I'm a rabid Wings fan - I don't think I could cheer for another team.

However, I do watch other hockey, and if there isn't a Wings game and I see a Caps game on, that's the one I'm watching. They're absolutely electric. Fun hockey to watch.

Always liked Boston. Even more this year when they finally started to play like a team. I like San Jose too. Basically, I like those teams showing good puck possession style. Just like my Red Wings. Another bright spot is Toronto though. In this season they always fought to the end demonstrating "good old Canadian" style - not much skill but a lot of pride and will. The rest is basically garbage.

Of course, in the play-offs it is Red Wings or nothing.

As a life-long Lions fan, I have always had a back-up to cheer for at the point where the Lions are mathematically eliminated. I still cheer for the Lions, of course, it's just that I have to pick someone going into the playoffs. Even if I watch a game where I really don't care who wins, I still find myself rooting for one team or the other- usually the first to make a really good play.

In hockey, I don't have that problem. The Wings are always (in recent years anyway) at the top.

I have become addicted to rooting for underdogs. Hence my cheering for the Leafs and Kings.

Leafs because they were the SC Champs when I moved to Canada, and Kings because any win by them (against other West teams) helps the Wings.

And Kopitar is hot. Who says we have to be sensible with our second choices?

Agreed, I'm a rabid Wings fan - I don't think I could cheer for another team.

However, I do watch other hockey, and if there isn't a Wings game and I see a Caps game on, that's the one I'm watching. They're absolutely electric. Fun hockey to watch.

For me it is more of being a fan of the sport in general. I love the Wings. It is like a marriage. I love my wife but man there are times when other women look good as hell. Not like that fat girls you take home accidently after a night of drinking but really good looking women. I love to look at other women but won't sleep with them. IE I would not go to an opposing teams game or buy a jersey but I watch the hell out of some hot, sexy, curvy hockey! Plus I have Center Iice and the crappy online one. After a while of watching other teams you start to develop a liking.

I have huge love for the Calgary Flames plus the bf is a rabid fan so I've really come to appreciate their style of play (while inconsistent) and I think Kipper is amazing (while inconsistent haha).

I'll always have a soft spot for the Canucks, I grew up in a Canuck house and Pavel Bure/Trevor Linden were my first hockey idols.

I dont really root for any other team in the NHL- I bleed the winged wheel, however, I do find myself watching and following some players on opposing teams. Guys I like and really admire for a bunch of reason, some of which include:

Lucic

Mike Richards

Parise

Doan

Keith

Cammalleri

OV

Backstrom

Guys I cant stand and have developed a healthy hatred for:

Pronger

Perry

Crosby

Matt Cooke

Claude Lemeiux

Mike Modano ( never liked him)

Byflugien

We all have teams we hate, like most of us would agree the Ducks and Pens[/font].... What are the teams you like? I like the Wild alot, and I know most of you are gonna flame but I like the Preds too. I used to hate the Preds until I went and witnessed the ass kicking of a life time in Nashville this year when the Wings lost 8-0. They have a pretty exciting team to watch and the fans were actually really really nice to me. I dunno why but I've always liked the Wild too.

You answered the question with your question. Whoever is playing the Ducks or the Pens.

I live in the DC Area (so CAPS), wife's family is upstate NY (Sabres), raised in So Cal (go Kings), family is from MI so was raised by my folks as a Wings fan. Of course, if I'm in a city visiting and there's a hockey club (NHL, AHL, ECHL, amateur) I'll normally take in a game as I love hockey overall too (no matter the team).

As you can see, I've picked up a few "kinda like" teams along the way. There is only one team that has all of my heart though - that's the Wings.

Leafs, because pretty much all of my family like them, except for my dad and me. Plus I always liked the players there (except Razor and Dumtropov haha)

Other then that, I've always liked the Oilers a bit, if for nothing more then being better then Calgary every year :lol:

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan