• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

reyalp

Favorite team or teams OTHER than the Wings

Rate this topic

Gotta be the Caps. I live in MD, and most of my hockey games come via DC.

For those who say they can't imagine rooting for another team, I'd guess that most of them live in Michigan. When you live close to a team, and the majority of your live games are in that team's building, its hard to root for another team. Living in MD, I'm a diehard Orioles fan, and couldn't imagine rooting for another team. But since the only hockey I get to see live is in DC, its hard not to root for them from time to time (aside from '98). So I guess its an out-of-town phenomenon.

Calgary - Kipper and Iginla are stand up guys, exciting to watch. Phenuef is a moron and over-rated though.

Ottawa- Alfredson is a very under-rated player, and humble. But the management sucks. Fisher gets 4 million a season. Plus they let Chara go for nothing.

Capitals- Ovechkin etc.

Most other teams are rather boring IMO. Especially the Canucks and all their idiot fans. Detroit plays the most exciting hockey, that's why I'm a fan, simple as that.

For me it is more of being a fan of the sport in general. I love the Wings. It is like a marriage. I love my wife but man there are times when other women look good as hell. Not like that fat girls you take home accidently after a night of drinking but really good looking women. I love to look at other women but won't sleep with them. IE I would not go to an opposing teams game or buy a jersey but I watch the hell out of some hot, sexy, curvy hockey! Plus I have Center Iice and the crappy online one. After a while of watching other teams you start to develop a liking.

Something like that :D

I watch a LOT of hockey, and I always have to root for someone when I watch. It makes it easier to have certain teams you root for consistently. It's not like I'd ever root for the Oilers in any situation where their winning hurts the Wings in any way whatsoever. It just makes that mid-January Oilers-Coyotes game on HNIC easier to watch.

Wings through & through.....(even though, and yes, I finally admit, I am a converted Avs fan-hey I'm from Kansas!) But after meeting my man in 2004...I was quickly converted to Detroit (he is from Redford Union) as I also learned more about the games and the players....and now, my husband says I am addicted and almost know more of whats going on then he does! LOL!......

But as we are in the military....Tampa will be one of our homes in the near future. I went to visit my babe in January while he was at a school in the area and we caught three Lightning games.....I enjoyed watching them play....(Dallas, Buffalo, & Florida). I enjoyed watching St Louis & Lecavalier play. We did wear our Wings gear to the games (there were actually quite a few Wingers there) and the fans were pretty nice fans, not to mention their Saturday festivities outside the St. Pete Times forum was pretty fun for all ages......so I kinda like Tampa Bay Lightning, will probably get season tickets when we move there...

(of course we will still wear our Wings gear.....even if Hudler is gone.....I'll still wear his Wings jersey....but I may have to invest in another jersey as well....just haven't figured out who yet...?????????)

but will ALWAYS be a Red Wings fan...........

I follow the Lightning pretty close. A cousin who I am close with lives down there and we always go to games when when visiting each other. He got Vinny to autograph a jersey for me his rookie year.

In the East: Leafs, Caps and Panthers

In the West: Wild, and as of late I have had a little thing for the Sharks. I guess I feel bad that they have had such a great team the past few years but cant get it done in the playoffs. So I guess im pulling for them a bit.

On top of those I guess I like all of the Original 6 teams. I like old time hockey I guess.

Not really any one team, but if I liked a guy as a Wing, and he moves to another team, I am more likely to root for that team if the opponent is not a team I care about one way or the other. I can't root for the Ducks, and it's hard as heck to root for the Habs, but other than that... I guess I'll see where Sammy ends up.

I like the Kings, they will be a very good team.

Of course Wings are #1

Teams that I hate:

Anaheim

Carolina

Toronto - I live near Toronto and I'm constantly surrounded by people who don't know anything about hockey and think they do

Ottawa

Montreal

San Jose

Caps are my team (other than the wings obviously). The young guns are sick. Ovie, semin, backstrom, and green (and varly now, given he is still good next season he'll be in the "young guns"). how can you go wrong? federov is still one of my favs, i was bummed when he left detroit. But i really like backstrom he's a solid player.

I started out as a Blackhawks (Eddie the Eagle/Dominator) fan. When Hasek went to Buffalo i followed him. Then when he went to Detroit I was torn between the Sabres and the Wings so I follow both teams now. The fact that i was raised hating the Pens has reinforced my love for the Wings recently.

I like watching Western Conf. games. Something about those OT playoff games that go late into the night. Always liked watching DAL,COL,VAN,SJ,ANA,MIN.

This is a tough one. As with everyone else here, the Wings are tops, but I guess I'm going to have to break the question in two in order to answer it correctly. As a hockey fan, and not just a Wings fanboy, there are teams that I have historically liked, and then there are teams that currently have players I like for one reason or another.

TEAMS I CONSISTENTLY CHEER ON:

Habs, Bruins, Leafs, Rags... oh bloody hell, I realize I just namechecked most of the 06. Ha, I guess I like old time hockey... but the Hawks are tough for me to get behind to this day.

TEAMS WITH PLAYERS I LIKE, EVEN THOUGH I DISLIKE THE TEAM:

Hawks (Their young core is tough not to cheer for), Caps (The Russian connection), Canes (I really like their current style and chutzpah), Sharks (I'm perhaps the only Marleau fan left on the planet), Philly (Richards in a Wings uniform? *drooool*). I even like Malkin a great deal, but you'll never catch me rooting for his team. I've always hated the Pens, and have more reason to now than ever.

Anybody that is playing against the following is my favorite for the night:

Anaheim - our real rivals

San Jose - our real rivals in the regular season

Pittsburgh - our pretend rivals

Chicago - our future rivals

well said, i really love the anaheim rivalry. being too young to fully grasp it during colorado days (born is 88) i love whenever we play the ducks or sharks.

We all have teams we hate, like most of us would agree the Ducks and Pens.... What are the teams you like? I like the Wild alot, and I know most of you are gonna flame but I like the Preds too. I used to hate the Preds until I went and witnessed the ass kicking of a life time in Nashville this year when the Wings lost 8-0. They have a pretty exciting team to watch and the fans were actually really really nice to me. I dunno why but I've always liked the Wild too.

Oilers- Great young talent (Gagne, Cogliano, Gilbert, Reddox), aswome enforcers (Macintyre, Stortini)

Devils- they have been the most successful/consistant franchise outside of hockeytown in the past 10-15 years. Very fun team to watch

I can't quite relate when people are mentioning many teams.

It's not certainly how I think, I may have my sympathies from season to season for a different team, but here it is:

WINGS - DISTANT FIRST

CAPS - SECOND, because of OV

So Wings - Caps would make a very interesting SCF for me! :)

That is it. This season I sympathized to Panthers and Blues to make play-offs, but I don't really care about them at all.

Edited by stactum

Being from Ohio coupled with the fact that Hitch took his teams beating this year like a man, I like the Jackets even though they are a Central team. Other than that, Minnesota and Edmonton. They are just fantastic hockey cities. In the East, I have always had a soft spot for the Rangers. Everyone else I can take or leave, except the Ducks, Pens, and Preds all of whom I despise with the white hot fury of a thousand burning suns.

Edited by hamip1998