• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lord Stanely

Anyone know of any Osgood events or signings

Rate this topic

My 9 year old son ( a Chris Osgood youth look alike and goalie) would be on cloud nine if he could meet Osgood. He got to see him drive out of the Joe after Game two- also got a puck signed by the Mule- (only guy to stop).

Anyway does anyone know of any signings or scheduled events he might have or how to find out?

The top wing players do very LITTLE public signings, last time for Ozzie if I remember right was 2006 at hockeytown cafe'

Keep this updated because I have a game used Ozzie stick I'd love to have signed.

Thanks

The top wing players do very LITTLE public signings, last time for Ozzie if I remember right was 2006 at hockeytown cafe'

You know that icks me off. Look at my picture/icon and you can see the Great Marcell Dionne one of the best to play the game and he spent 45 minutes just talking with my boys and me this Christmas Eve in Niagara Falls at his store. He talked about how the current generation of players just doesn't get that its' all about the little guys like my kids and they need to make these young guys feel special. He did! The best was he gave them each a signed card and made them promise when the make it into the NHL that they would give him autographed cards of themselves.

My son thinks Osgood is the best and would just love to have a chance to meet him.

You know that icks me off. Look at my picture/icon and you can see the Great Marcell Dionne one of the best to play the game and he spent 45 minutes just talking with my boys and me this Christmas Eve in Niagara Falls at his store. He talked about how the current generation of players just doesn't get that its' all about the little guys like my kids and they need to make these young guys feel special. He did! The best was he gave them each a signed card and made them promise when the make it into the NHL that they would give him autographed cards of themselves.

My son thinks Osgood is the best and would just love to have a chance to meet him.

Trust me, if Chris, (or any of the other guys), had any choice in the matter, you'd have little to no reason to be "icked off".

The Players don't schedule signings and events. John Hahn, (Director of RW PR), does. And he's been known for years as a hard-ass who's very, VERY "structured" when it comes to the Players' interaction with fans, so much so that he can be seen MUCH OF THE TIME, standing behind the guys even as they're doing intermission and post game interviews.

These guys are heart-and-soul, most of them still with a little bit of the kid who used to dream of Playing in the NHL in them.

I hope your son gets the chance to meet Oz. It's getting harder and harder these days, even for the little ones.

Last year one of my employees eleven year old son just walked up to Osgood's house on his way home from school and knocked on his door.

Osgood's wife answered and he said "Is Chris home?" She went and got him and he sat on the front porch for about 10minutes with him, he even gave him an autographed mini-stick.

I wouldn't recommend doing something like this but I felt it was worth posting so show that these guys really are top notch. They may not do to many structured signings but if you catch them somewhere most of them will spend at least a few minutes with you.

To answer your question, training camp is a great place to get autographs, also the do an event every year for season ticket holders, talk to someone you know with tickets and see if they'll let you take their tickets to the event next year.

Guest Four
Last year one of my employees eleven year old son just walked up to Osgood's house on his way home from school and knocked on his door.

Osgood's wife answered and he said "Is Chris home?" She went and got him and he sat on the front porch for about 10minutes with him, he even gave him an autographed mini-stick.

I wouldn't recommend doing something like this but I felt it was worth posting so show that these guys really are top notch. They may not do to many structured signings but if you catch them somewhere most of them will spend at least a few minutes with you.

To answer your question, training camp is a great place to get autographs, also the do an event every year for season ticket holders, talk to someone you know with tickets and see if they'll let you take their tickets to the event next year.

That's awesome, although I'd feel like I was invading their privacy. If a 17 year old asked if Chris was there, they'd think I'd want an autograph, but it would just to talk to him, which he also probably wouldn't enjoy.

He frequents Taco Bell in Plymouth... i have seen him once inside and twice in the drive through...

i would say steal a kid and trick or treat in his sub and get him to give you a piece of candy