• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
crazy13

Heatley gives list of teams he'd accept trade to

Rate this topic

According to the Ottawa Sun, Senators star forward Dany Heatley has given the team a list of 10 teams he'd accept a trade to.

While Senators GM Bryan Murray has been manning the phones, and expects talks to intensify later this week, the Sun claims seven of the teams on Heatley's wishlist are the Boston Bruins, Chicago Blackhawks, Detroit Red Wings, Los Angeles Kings, New York Rangers, San Jose Sharks and Vancouver Canucks.

The Sun claims the Edmonton Oilers, Minnesota Wild, Colorado Avalanche and St. Louis Blues are also very interested in Heatley.

It's believed the Oilers are not among the teams Heatley's interested in going to, while it's uncertain if the Wild, Avs or Blues made the cut.

"I'm doing a lot of the asking. Nobody has really agreed at the moment. But one team is getting close to where I want to be," Murray told the Sun. "I guess I can take an offer that's been made, but it's not one that I want right now."

Heatley has a $4 million bonus that must be paid on July 1. If the Senators trade him before then, they won't be on the hook.

"Until we get (an offer) that we're satisfied with, and let me assure you I will never be completely satisfied ... you guys will give me a hard time if I don't make the right trade," Murray said. "I'm going to try to get as good a player back as I can."

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/ott090623.html

Haha!!!! He snubbed the Penguins. Another Burn ... Love it!

With that said, we could not afford his salary. Hope to see him go to the Bruins!

Edited by Snazzy

I'm most worried about Chicago and San Jose picking him up. He can go anywhere else, but not to either of those places.

I could see him being traded to SJ, but there is no way Chicago can afford him. Barker and Versteeg are RFAs this year, while Kane, Toews, Skille, and Keith are next year. Also, the big contracts they gave to Campbell and Huet will also hinder them.

Edited by zata20

I'm most worried about Chicago and San Jose picking him up. He can go anywhere else, but not to either of those places.

Wouldn't he be more comfortable in an Eastern Conference team? Thats where he has played his entire career.

I fear a trade to SJ

They need to shake things up and they have said no one is safe. I can totally see this happening. Marleau and a guy like Goc or Vlasic for Heatly. I would be terrified of a Thornton, Heatly line (except in the playoffs...LOL..j/k)

IMO, I think this is really possible

I fear a trade to SJ

They need to shake things up and they have said no one is safe. I can totally see this happening. Marleau and a guy like Goc or Vlasic for Heatly. I would be terrified of a Thornton, Heatly line (except in the playoffs...LOL..j/k)

IMO, I think this is really possible

I was thinking the same thing, I imagine the Sharks will make a big push for him. I really don't see Vlasic being traded though, he'll be amazing some day, but there certainly have been worse trades.

Part of it depends on if the Sens are more looking for roster players or picks (although I imagine both will be involved to some extent). But if it's similar to Pittsburgh's deal for Hossa, I'm not too worried. I don't think the Sharks can handle giving up depth like that.

I was thinking the same thing, I imagine the Sharks will make a big push for him. I really don't see Vlasic being traded though, he'll be amazing some day, but there certainly have been worse trades.

Part of it depends on if the Sens are more looking for roster players or picks (although I imagine both will be involved to some extent). But if it's similar to Pittsburgh's deal for Hossa, I'm not too worried. I don't think the Sharks can handle giving up depth like that.

Id take Heater anyday over an aging Marleau....I agree, I think they will make a huge push for him and try to reunite some Team Canada chemistry with Big Joe and Heatly. Could be interesting!

We'll give him the rights to Hossa, and we get Heatley and all of your draft picks for the next two years.

We have no rights to Hossa, he is unrestricted... and Heatley's cap number is far too big to fit in to Detroit, they would need to trade away nearly another $4 million in cap space in addition to what we have available now.

We have no rights to Hossa, he is unrestricted... and Heatley's cap number is far too big to fit in to Detroit, they would need to trade away nearly another $4 million in cap space in addition to what we have available now.

We have his rights until the 1st of July. It's the latest fad in the NHL to trade them (See Malone and Roberts). You're right about the cap space issues though. Heatley won't be a Wing, nor would I want him to be.

Isn't Detroit on the good majority of players' lists? Unless your name is Roenick.

That's the truth, players are known to take discounts to come here. Roenick's just pissed that he didn't come to Detroit when he was useful enough to have on the roster for a cup win.

Hossa could leave, every Wing could restructure their contract, the NHL could get rid of the salary cap, and I STILL wouldn't want Dany Heatley on my time.

It's fun to speculate where he might end up. No way Chicago, they don't have the bucks especially with who they have to sign now and over the next 2 years. SJ would be funny. After underachieving again in the playoffs, that team will be competitive but nowhere near what they did last year in the regular season. No room in Detroit, and I wouldn't want him. Wings have a great core of players that has them in WCF in 07 and Cup Finals the next 2 years. There is no reason to think they won't be back in the Finals next year. I just do not see any team in the West with as much depth and skil as Detroit.

Holland has this team positioned for deep playoff runs for a number of years to come. . . the envy of every other NHL team out there.

Just a dig to all the Pens fans, maybe they can start the trend of not getting out of the first round as Cup champs the next year again. Ha ha

It's fun to speculate where he might end up. No way Chicago, they don't have the

Just a dig to all the Pens fans, maybe they can start the trend of not getting out of the first round as Cup champs the next year again. Ha ha

Well it was nice of you to put us in the playoffs at least. ;)

Well it was nice of you to put us in the playoffs at least. ;)

When you are the BEST franchise in ANY of the four sports, have won 4 cups in 11 years and considered one of the last modern day dynasties, you get a few bragging rights.