• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
96warrior

Yzerman, Hull, Robitaille named to Hall of Fame

Rate this topic

Red Wings' Steve Yzerman named to Hall of Fame; former teammates Brett Hull, Luc Robitaille in, too

by Ansar Khan

Tuesday June 23, 2009, 3:33 PM

It's official: Former Red Wings captain Steve Yzerman has been named to the Hockey Hall of Fame's class of 2009. Jim Gregory, co-chairman of the board for the Hockey Hall of Fame just made the announcement on a conference call.

Two of Yzerman's former teammates, Brett Hull and Luc Robitaille, as well as former New York Rangers defenseman Brian Leetch, also were named to this year's class in the player category. The induction ceremony will be on Nov. 9 in Toronto.

Red Wings' Steve Yzerman named to Hall of Fame; former teammates Brett Hull, Luc Robitaille in, too

by Ansar Khan

Tuesday June 23, 2009, 3:33 PM

It's official: Former Red Wings captain Steve Yzerman has been named to the Hockey Hall of Fame's class of 2009. Jim Gregory, co-chairman of the board for the Hockey Hall of Fame just made the announcement on a conference call.

Two of Yzerman's former teammates, Brett Hull and Luc Robitaille, as well as former New York Rangers defenseman Brian Leetch, also were named to this year's class in the player category. The induction ceremony will be on Nov. 9 in Toronto.

Never a doubt on any of these guys. They were all great players.

Guest micah

Awesome. I loved Robitaille and of course Stevie. I liked watching Leetch too. I never did warm up to Hull, but you cannot deney his goal scoring skillz. A great class indeed.

Congrats to all, especially Stevie Y. I still get weak in the knees when I see him or hear his name. No homo.

Me too man, me too...

It'll be fun seeing Stevie, Hull, and Luc go in together, it's a 2002 reunion!

Way to go Stevie!!! :thumbup:

No argument with this class at all. All four of these guys were locks as soon as they became eligible. Has there ever been a class this strong?

It'd be hard to find one, that's for sure. Certainly there hasn't been where the picks were this obvious (apologies to Ed Belfour) that I can remember.

Glad that the inevitable has finally happened and we can now officially call him Hall of Famer Steve Yzerman. Truly one of the best ever in every respect. And obviously two other guys who won't be remembered primarily as Wings, but who did win a Cup with us. Awesome HOF year as far as I'm concerned.

Man do I miss 2002

So Bowman, Larionov, Yzerman, Hull, Robitaille now, with Lidstrom, Chelios, Shanahan, Fedorov, Hasek to follow. Hell, don't forget that rookie Datsyuk either, he's putting together a HOF career so far. Yeah, that team was okay I guess.

Miss and love Steve Yzerman. The man put a lot of great memories into our lives. Love his game 7 winner against St Louis in 96'.

I cried when Yzerman lifted the Cup all 3 times.

Thank you Stevie Y!

very strong class with guys who all deserve credits.

but yeah... just as the others before me, I have the same pain in heart when Stevie's name is mentioned.

he did retire at the right moment for him and for the Wings but it still pains to think Stevie Y doesn't play

anymore...

I have every intention of being there that night.. if anyone hears of ticket/dinner info, post it! STEVIE!!!!

This is a week after my birthday and the Hall is 40 minutes away from my house. Are these ceremonies usually open to the public? What are ticket prices like? Aghhhhh!!!!

CONGRATS BOYS!!!!

Way to go Stevie!!! :thumbup:

No argument with this class at all. All four of these guys were locks as soon as they became eligible. Has there ever been a class this strong?

2007 was pretty strong - Messier, Francis, Stevens and MacInnis, with Larionov missing out.

Thanks Stevie for so many great memories. I'm so thankful that I got to meet you in person as well as be at your retirement ceremony. You've made my hockey watching career a very incredible one.

Thanks for always being such a class act! You've always belonged in the HOF!

CONGRATULATIONS, STEVIE!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Regarding the induction ceremony - the HOF web site has a contact person listed for more info. Her name is Kelly Masse and her email is kmasse@hhof.com (I am just assuming she's a she. Of course Kelly could be a guys name, like Kelly Hrudey).

Expect the tix to be really pricey. Back in 2004 a friend and I looked into going for Paul Coffey's induction (said friend is a HUGE Coffey fan. Why, I don't know) and at that time the tix were $300, just for the ceremony. Roadtrips is offering a complete VIP package that includes hotel, tix to the induction, tix to the Hall of Fame Game, along with other awesome-sounding goodies for $1,425. Here's the link if anyone's interested - HHOF Induction Weekend Celebration

I would really REALLY like to go but I just don't think I can afford it.

Edited by Yzermania19