• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rick zombo

Samuelsson Selling His House?

Rate this topic

The exact thing happened to me that game, only I put my foot in my mouth even further after the first goal by going on about how big of a fluke it was and would never happen again.

Thing is, everyone talks about his 2 goals in that game, but the thing is that up until the Pens ballsed up that line change he was having a terrible game. That game was Sammy in a nutshell - exasperating and clutch all at the same time.

Me, I'll miss his interviews. I've always liked his honesty and refusal to give stock answers. My favourite moment was in the 08 finals, we get the international feed, and every intermission they interview a Euro from one team, and the last question is always "would you like to say something to the folks back home in your native tongue?", which is followed by a load of gibberish which probly translates as "hi mom, hi dad, see you soon".

Dave Strader: Mikael, one last thing before we let you go. This broadcast is going out all around the world, would you like to say something to the folks back home in your native tongue?

Sammy [deadpan]: No, not really. *walks off*

It was classic :D

Dave Strader: Mikael, one last thing before we let you go. This broadcast is going out all around the world, would you like to say something to the folks back home in your native tongue?

Sammy [deadpan]: No, not really. *walks off*

It was classic :D

That sounds great. I sure wish this selling-his-house rumour is just another of many hockey summer rumours and Wings will end up keeping him.

I've never hated any Wings player and never wished the team to get rid of anyone. Especially when players spend a few years on the team I become very fond of them. Last summer was an easy one as the only players leaving were the ones who retired. I hate seeing players go to other teams. Of course there was Quincey and I had become fond of even him, even though he had played mostly in AHL.

Well, it means I can stop that obsessive counting in my head I do when watching him play. I start counting whether the puck goes to one of our players or one of their players when it leaves his stick...

Guest GordieSid&Ted

It's almost unfathomable but with Samuelsson leaving, the Wings get even wimpier.

For all the headaches you get watching Sammy cough up the puck or miss the net by 10 feet, he still had the ability to make people look silly and he had a knack for scoring timely goals.

But to the point of my 1st sentence, I have to give him credit for being one of the feistiest Wings forwards we have had over the past number of years.

He's not a tough guy obviously. But Sammy never hesitated to punch somebody in the face if he was getting roughed up. He never backed out of a scrum and he never worried about who he was face washing. He never backed it up by fighting, but he was accountable in every scrum when he was on the ice.

So believe it or not, his loss makes us even less "tough".....if that were even possible. :yowza: I guess having big E on the blueline for a season will help out with some of that. Although my gut feeling is alot of tougher guys are going to want to test out Mr. Ericsson and I don't know how much I like the idea of him mixing it up with guys who aren't nearly as valuable to their clubs as he will be to ours.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
I don't know that s***-talking after the whistle and giving someone a facewash but then never once dropping the gloves really makes you any tougher than the typical Red Wings "skate away and say nothing" maneuver.

haha. it's splitting hairs yes. But just ask yourself this simple question. You're at a bar....a guy shoves you and calls you a *****. you shove him back and tell him to f*** off and then it gets broken up before any punches are thrown

or

same bar, same guy shoves you and calls you a *****....you turn around and sink into your chair and take a baby sip of your beer.

it's no different on the ice.

Of all of the arguments I thought I'd hear, the loss of toughness certainly wasn't one of them. You're right though, it was nice seeing Sammy get pissed off. He's a pretty big guy, I actually would have loved to see him fight at least once or twice. Oh well.

But everyone is talking like Sammy leaving is a done deal. What are the chances that this actually means he's leaving anyways? I mean, as has been mentioned, it's tough to sell your house, particularly one which (I would presume) is in the upper price range. He could just be putting it on the market as a precaution, he doesn't have to actually go through with selling it.

The greatest success and biggest failure in the history of the Red Wings just might be skipping town. Here's to you, Sammy, the creator of -- and solution to -- all of the Wings' problems.

Kind of like Robert Lang? He was another player that we loved to hate, until he had a big goal, and then we went back to hating him... Didnt Sammy replace Lang on the point for powerplays?

haha. it's splitting hairs yes. But just ask yourself this simple question. You're at a bar....a guy shoves you and calls you a *****. you shove him back and tell him to f*** off and then it gets broken up before any punches are thrown

or

same bar, same guy shoves you and calls you a *****....you turn around and sink into your chair and take a baby sip of your beer.

it's no different on the ice.

The example doesn't work if the aggressor happens to be the Jonas Brothers. :lol:

Kind of like Robert Lang? He was another player that we loved to hate, until he had a big goal, and then we went back to hating him... Didnt Sammy replace Lang on the point for powerplays?

He didn't, but in all other situations Sammy proudly carried on those fine Langer traditions.

The example doesn't work if the aggressor happens to be the Jonas Brothers. :lol:

He didn't, but in all other situations Sammy proudly carried on those fine Langer traditions.

I would pay to see Sammy smack down the Jonas Bothers (on the ice, of course; not cricket to do it on the street).

I saw an interview where Sammy was asked what his future was with the team. He gave the stock answer of "won't know anything until the numbers have been announced blah, blah, blah. Mr Holland's working on it, etc." He said the right things, but he had the sad little puppy-dog face, and looked years beyond his age. I think he knows his time here is probably over. Of course, the interview took place right after the last game, so some of the emotion could have been from that, but he seemed to get more Basset Hound-looking when they asked him about his future with the team.

Alright im not a huge sammy fan, but i dont want to lose him. would he resign for the same money he is making now? If so, i would take him, and since negotiations with hossa arent looking good, what are the chances that we keep sammy and hudler and the rest of our team and go out and get 2 free agents for the cost of one Hossa? I dont want to let hossa go, but i dont see us paying him 6 million to not show up in playoffs....

i can no longer yell, "BREAK HIS CHEST SAMMY!!!"

shucks.

hahaha. He was good at that wasnt he, sometimes a goalies best friend. I remember being a little tipsy watching Sammy on the powerplay teeing off these big shots that miss the net by the mile, and I just have to LOL, when it makes a huge thud as it hits the boards....

There was a post here a while back suggesting someone hire an optician to grind Sammy's visor so that what he sees is slightly to the side and below of what he is actually looking at - that way he might just end up putting shots in the upper corner of the net. before we dump him, why not give this a try. I mean, with his shot rate it might pay off!

There was a post here a while back suggesting someone hire an optician to grind Sammy's visor so that what he sees is slightly to the side and below of what he is actually looking at - that way he might just end up putting shots in the upper corner of the net. before we dump him, why not give this a try. I mean, with his shot rate it might pay off!

Don't stand at the next urinal.

They're still negotiating, Sammy may well not leave.

An article from today:

Another pending UFA is veteran forward Mikael Samuelsson and there's still hope on that front.

"I talked to Samuelsson's agent a couple of days ago and we're going to talk again by Monday," Holland said. "We'd like to keep Sammy. But again, it's all about the cap."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?...e=lebrun_pierre