• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

XxGoWingsxX

Goodbye Cheli Thread.

Rate this topic

Ok so, after we now know Cheli is no longer a wing and is looking to play elsewhere we should remember the great times he gave us as a wing. Post the favorite things of yours he did as a wing. Youtube vids too.

Goodbye Cheli, thanks for the 10 years.

FYI. After the way the last Chelios thread (the Holland won't offer a contract thread) ended, this thread is on a short leash. Keep that (and the Forum Rules) in mind as you post here.

----------------------------------

Chris, thanks for 10 great years, 2 Stanley Cups, and lots of memories. The Stanley Cups, being booed while taking the curtain call as the #1 star in Vancouver, all the great one liners. Thanks, and good luck wherever you go.

Guest micah

Thanks for all the years, Chris - not just the years that you were the best Defenseman in the world, but also the years you spent in Detroit as an also-ran. Despite your dwindling scoring as the years went on and your penchant for taking penalties at inopportune times, I don't recall you costing the Wings many games. Nice work, and best of luck in the future!

I'm not sure if the Norris winner and runner-up were ever on the same team, like Lidstrom and Chelios in 2002.

Cheios was also a beast in the 2007 playoffs and really stepped up when the team needed him with Schneider and Kronwall out.

I'll always miss his candid interviews, as well.

Chris, thanks for 10 great years, 2 Stanley Cups, and lots of memories. The Stanley Cups, being booed while taking the curtain call as the #1 star in Vancouver, all the great one liners. Thanks, and good luck wherever you go.

Ah, how could I forget that? It takes a pretty special person to come from a rival like Chicago and win over the fans here. Cheli's a legend of the game; I'm glad he chose to hang with Detroit as long as he did.

I hope he lands with a team that plays a game at the Joe next year so we can give him the standing O he richly deserves.

Here's to Chris Chelios. The player I loved to hate when he was a Blackhawk; as a Wing, the player I loved to see deck those I hated. He had a work ethic like no other and there's not a player in the game now who couldn't learn from it. His dedication to the game and making himself better for the game will probably remain unparalleled.

I'll miss him very much. He brought so much excitement and emotion to the game. And I'll miss what he stood for as long as I remain a fan of this game.

My fav Cheli moment.

With the Red Wings in control with a two-goal lead, play continued to be chippy in the final minutes. Detroit defenseman Chris Chelios became enraged after Colorado's Mike Keane ran into Hasek with 4:11 remaining.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /> Edited by Taylorov

A salute to a superb defenseman, and a vet with a physical training regimen I'd love to get my hands on! :P

My sole jersey as yet, worn with pride. A warrior like that deserves respect.

Thanks for all you did as a Wing, Chris. You always brought 100% to the game! I use to hate Chris as a Blackhawk, but man did I love him when he came here in 1999! My favorite memory is when he took the extra skate in Vancouver!! I remember last season when we were playing Chicago and Patrick Kane kept running his mouth and Chris slashed him it seemed like 6 or 7 times right behind the net! To make it even better Kane didn't play much when Chelli was on the ice after that! I just think Chris was trying to teach him some respect! We will miss you Chris. Good Luck to you and your son!!!

You'll be missed Cheli.

Here's one guy that I loved to hate when he was in Chicago, despite respecting him greatly. Also a guy I loved to see in the Winged Wheel, even if it was hard to make excuses for his ice time later on I'm damn glad to have had him in Detroit over the past 10 years.

Plus thanks to his friendship with John C McGinley we can all enjoy the great line from Scrubs about Detroit for the rest of time.

I'm going to miss cheli... I hope he stays in Detroit after whatever team he signs with. My favorite cheli moment was definitely the first star celebration after game 6 in Vancouver. I still remember how hard I was laughing! The clip of cheli on keane is classic...doing the same thing to Kane in Chicago this year was awesome. Here's another quality chelios moment: