• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zetts

McCarty offered a two-way deal

Rate this topic

A 2-Way Contract if it is a 1 year contract doesn't count against the cap when the player is in the AHL.

McCarty will play in the AHL until he retires...but that being said he will continue to help the younger players develop.

McCarty had a huge impact on Abdelkader's growth in my opinion. I like him down there. When he eventualy retires I bet he is an Assistant Coach in the AHL.

Who cares? He can play NHL hockey, and thats all he'll be called up to do, if he ever is called up - take a stroll on the ice to give the competent players a rest.

We should all be honored to be fans of an organization that manages to treat their "family" with so much respect, and yet still ices one of the best teams in the NHL every year.

Exactly. The Wings don't do things to hurt their team - they're always successful. And the family thing gives me a huge sense of pride to be a Wings fan. I love Mac and it's great that he'll be back (assuming that he hopefully does accept the offer).

Besides, he'll probably rarely play with the Wings next year. It isn't like he'll be our 12th forward.

Glad to have him back for the GR kids too.

I love him and it's obvious that Holland and others who have clout think he's important to the organization. Like others here, I hope he stays on in some capacity after he's through playing.

C'mon guys, Kenny Holland must have a good reason. Loyalty does not mean charity, so McCarty must still have some redeeming value in the eyes of Holland and Illitch.

I would have to think he gives great mentoring down in GR, a message that cannot come from anybody else.. The guy's been thru everything and is a real life example of how fleating an NHL career can be. No one appreciates the opportunity to be in GR more than Darren McCarty.

Agree. In another organization McCarty would probably be out. But IMO that is what separates the Wings from the rest of the pack. They don't kid around when they say their organization has a family atmosphere, and it seems to be working, no? Four Cups in 11 years.......yes, it's working. Family members are not disposable.