• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Wings Trade thier first round pick to Tampa

Rate this topic

Yeah I wasn't surprised by this move, but a bit irritated as I've been watching the draft all night, waiting for Detroit's pick.

Same here. I wish we would have traded up to get Jordan Schroeder, though!

Edited by Konnan511

Yeah I wasn't surprised by this move, but a bit irritated as I've been watching the draft all night, waiting for Detroit's pick.

Ditto. *growl*

What pick does Detroit get, this year, or next?

The Wings will never be able to draft any good players later than the 1st round. This is a proven fact.

didn't they get mccollum last year in the 1st round?

i hope they pick ferraro's kid at 32...or make a trade with buffalo. give them the 32 pick and the rights to hudler for kassian :)

There was some good talent left at 29, ala Carter or Despres.

Here's to drafting Klingberg or Rajala at 32.

Of that pair, Klingberg. Rajala is smaller than Hudler, even. Klingberg is projected as the next Mule.

Toni Rajala? f*** no! We don't need a 5'8" 160ib forward. I know he has offensive talent but he's not defensively sound and he'll get murdered in the NHL.

I hear Red Wings draft picks always play in the NHL immediately after getting drafted.

Oh wait, no they don't.

We're not the NY ******* Islanders.

You guys are hilarious. Didn't you realize what Detroit ALWAYS does? We trade to get prospects. It's a percentage move; we plant more seeds so our odds of getting ripe fruit is that much better.

I hear Red Wings draft picks always play in the NHL immediately after getting drafted.

Oh wait, no they don't.

We're not the NY ******* Islanders.

You guys are hilarious. Didn't you realize what Detroit ALWAYS does? We trade to get prospects. It's a percentage move; we plant more seeds so our odds of getting ripe fruit is that much better.

You're missing the point. Rajala is small. Detroit has enough smallish to medium-size forwards in the pipeline that one more will do no good. A bigger guy like Klingberg stands out.

Little Patty Kane was great his first year in the league. Honestly... if the Wings want sand paper there is free agency. The draft should be a chance to nab a star and if it doesn't work out we have minor laguers.

Ashton could turn out to be a Wade Belak for all we know (just smaller).

Heres to Rajala!

There was some good talent left at 29, ala Carter or Despres.

Here's to drafting Klingberg or Rajala at 32.

Which tells me that those kids fell for a reason. The Wings wouldn't deviate from their planed player unless a better player unexpectedly fell down (ala Jiri Fischer).

When Carter and Despres fell into the Wings laps and they brushed them off, what does that tell you about those two? Apparently the Wings plan to stick with the plan because they feel confident the kids they have in their sights are better than those two.

Smart move by the Wings.

It obviously shows that they know who they want, and know that he will still be available at 32. And now we get a later round pick from Tampa. Its not like these late round picks ever turn into anything though ;)

The Wings must be confident that the player they want is gonna be availible a couple picks later. If thats so and you get a chance to pickup an extra 3rd rounder to drop those spots its a perfect move. Especially with how on the mark the Wings have been in the later rounds.