• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Systemfel

Wings select Tomas Tatar at 60th overall

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Pretty one-dimensional but he sure got skills... guess this means they wont pick rajala :P

Guest mindfly
First two picks have made it clear we're sticking to the formula, that's for sure...

Anyone know the story behind the 15 points this year? That's kind of a red flag.

Playing against men is a bit harder than junior players..

TSN: Tatar was Slovakia's top forward at the 2009 world junior hockey championship in Ottawa. He led the team with 11 points (7-4-11), which was tied for the fourth best total in the tournament overall. - Style: Sergei Samsonov - HT/WT: 5-11/176

Well I'm no scout but he played last season in our senior league as one of few rookies on a senior team and every shift he was out he worked hard and went to the net, he is pretty fast. As for the defensive side of things he's definitely not there yet. I believe the Wings organization will make him work for it. :)

Playing against men is a bit harder than junior players..

True enough, I wasn't really thinking when I said that...I have a quote from an anonymous scout in the THN draft preview saying he showed a lot of the same game in the playoffs that he did at the WJHC, so maybe he had it figured out at the end of the season.

Yeah this kid is going to be a stud!! I would say within 3 years he will be on the Wings roster! It seems when he is confident, he can produce like Pavs or Hank! From what I saw in the World Juniors, he was confident and boy did he produce, just ask Sweden!!

Is this the pick we are most excited about?

For me? Yeah. I'm pretty disappointed we didn't take Rajala, but I trust Nill without question.

Ferraro looks really promising too. I love the idea that we just picked up a right handed shot version of Helm with scoring upside!