Bump for the Hoss....
c:\documentsandsettings\amy\mydocuments\homefortheholidays

#42 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:57 PM

Is this kid going to stay in Slovakia or should he perhaps move on to a more advanced Euro league like the SEL or SM-liiga?

#43 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:08 AM

QUOTE (titanium2 @ June 30, 2009 - 06:57AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is this kid going to stay in Slovakia or should he perhaps move on to a more advanced Euro league like the SEL or SM-liiga?

Stay in slovakia or play in the canadian juniors if he gets drafted.

#44 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:04 AM

Tatar has now been drafted by the Kitchener Rangers.

http://chl.ca/importDraft.php

Edited by Systemfel, 30 June 2009 - 10:13 AM.

#45 ElCapitan

ElCapitan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (55fan @ June 28, 2009 - 08:05PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This looks to be one sweet Tatar.

Is anyone else predicting dumb jokes popping up in the future? I yam.

Tater Salad

#46 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (ElCapitan @ June 30, 2009 - 02:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tater Salad

Tatar Tots.

Hey Red Wings, give me some of your Tatar Tots. No, get your own.

#47 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (titanium2 @ June 29, 2009 - 10:57PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good question. I'd say, ideally, he'd either keep playing in Slovakia, or if the scouts feel he's already maxed out in that level of competition, your suggestions of the SEL or SM-liiga are both excellent options to throw him in with more demanding opponents (again, assuming the scouts feel he needs to make another step up in competition).

The thing with the Wings system is that they seem not to interfere too much with their young European prospects when it comes to telling them what league to play in. Probably the best example of his is Ryno. Ryno's choice to leave the AHL at the start of the 07-08 season to return to Sweden was inadvisable, but what was worse was that he ended up playing in a second tier league and effectively dropping a year and a half off his development for what amounted to personal reasons. Now, almost two years latter it seems that the Wings have encouraged him to come back to the US and play in the AHL (which is pretty much the only way he can stay on the Wings' radar and earn a new contract, a fact that probably played a big part in his decision to come back to the AHL).

Whatever they decide, I'm sure we won't see Tatar for anther 2 years at the very earliest. A more realistic estimate would be that he'd be in the AHL within 3 years, with international tournament play possibly pushing that date closer (see: Zetterberg).
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#48 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (titanium2 @ June 30, 2009 - 12:52PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tatar Tots.

Hey Red Wings, give me some of your Tatar Tots. No, get your own.

I can't help but find that imagine disgusting. I keep reading his name as "Tartar", like the fish dipping sauce. That'd be a pretty nasty addition to your potato snacks tongue.gif
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#49 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (Drake_Marcus @ June 30, 2009 - 03:36PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good question. I'd say, ideally, he'd either keep playing in Slovakia, or if the scouts feel he's already maxed out in that level of competition, your suggestions of the SEL or SM-liiga are both excellent options to throw him in with more demanding opponents (again, assuming the scouts feel he needs to make another step up in competition).

Well he got drafted by the Kitchener Rangers, the team where Kindl played before coming to the A. I'm not sure if that means he'll make the trip next year. He's got one year left on his contract in the Slovak league according to RWC and it's unclear as to whether a buyout or whatever will allow him to make the trip.

Apparently the SM-liiga is the closest league to NHL style though according to Filppula. I'm not sure how he figures that though.

Either way I've jumped on the bandwagon. Tatar Tots is officially the pick I'm most excited about. Finally a guy with brains, skill and most importantly to me, Skating Ability!!! Sorry Hudler, Leino and Pare, but every team loves the guys who can play in all situations and not just the PP.

Edited by titanium2, 30 June 2009 - 03:10 PM.