Rate this topic

Gleason Fournier - D

Date of birth: September 8, 1991

Place of birth: St-Fabien, Que., Canada

Ht: 6-0

Wt: 185

Shoots: L

From Hockey's Future:

"Talented offensively, the problem for Gleason Fournier is that he is a defenseman first and foremost, but sometimes he doesn't play like one. Able to make quick decisions with the puck and move it well, he sometimes struggles in his own end, especially when under pressure. A valuable tool on the power play, at 6'0 and 174 pounds, he would benefit tremendously if he can get larger and stronger on his skates in the coming years."

Favorites

NHL Team: Detroit Red Wings

NHL Player: Sidney Crosby

Shootout move: “Datsyuk move”

Video game: Call of Duty 4

Movie: Batman - The Dark Knight

Cartoon: Simpsons

Restaurant: The Keg

Sport (other than hockey): Soccer

Place to visit: Dubai

Snack: Ice cream

Superhero: Superman

Edited by Systemfel

Guest lnvincible
Yeah to be honest I'm much higher on Nick Jensen, sounds a whole lot better. But there must be some reason we rated Fournier so much higher...

Maybe switch his role into a winger or c instead of d if hes so talent offensively.

Guest mindfly

When was the last time red wings had a quebec born player in the lineup? robitaille and dandenault are the only ones i can remember...

When was the last time red wings had a quebec born player in the lineup? robitaille and dandenault are the only ones i can remember...

Lapointe. =)

I liked that guy....

Guest mindfly

Yeah but lapointe was a 10th overall pick if i remember correctly, and robitaille was already a lock for the hall of fame when detroit got him here... and dandenault was merely a roleplayer that could play both D and forward...

So detroit havent had much success with these frenchcanadian players....

Yeah but lapointe was a 10th overall pick if i remember correctly, and robitaille was already a lock for the hall of fame when detroit got him here... and dandenault was merely a roleplayer that could play both D and forward...

So detroit havent had much success with these frenchcanadian players....

There haven't been a ton in the system. The Wings have traditionally avoided French guys.

Guest mindfly

but why? players from quebec playing in their junior league have a reputation of being fast, skilled and good offensivly...

but why? players from quebec playing in their junior league have a reputation of being fast, skilled and good offensivly...

Yea I've never understood it. The QMJHL is a faster league than the WHL yet lots of Wings come the WHL. The OHL is somewhere in between.

Guest mindfly

There are some QMJHL players in the system.. i think piche and pare could be playing in wings in a few years

Edited by mindfly