• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Robert Scuderi

Rate this topic

I know the D is "set" according to Holland, but Scuderi only made $725,000 last season and he is looking for a significant raise. Does anyone know what Pit can afford to pay him under the Cap? If we don'tr re-sign Hossa, we could more than double his salary to $1.5 million and still have $3.0 million or so to re-sign Leino and possibly two other UFA's.

Lids - Rafi

Stuart - Kronwall

Ericsson - Scuderi

(Lebda - Lilja - Meech)

If Lilja is Healthy, deal Lebda or Meech, if not, then deal Lebda or Meech :lol:

Edited by LeftWinger

I know the D is "set" according to Holland, but Scuderi only made $725,000 last season and he is looking for a significant raise. Does anyone know what Pit can afford to pay him under the Cap? If we don'tr re-sign Hossa, we could more than double his salary to $1.5 million and still have $3.0 million or so to re-sign Leino and possibly two other UFA's.

Lids - Rafi

Stuart - Kronwall

Ericsson - Scuderi

(Lebda - Lilja - Meech)

If Lilja is Healthy, deal Lebda or Meech, if not, then deal Lebda or Meech :lol:

Sorry. Shero ain't gonna let him get away for $1.5M. The rumor is he's already offering $2M, but it's highly probably he'll get offers of $3M or more after July 1. It's going to come down to how much Scuds wants to stay a Pen. Most think he'll take the cash and no one can blame him.

Sorry. Shero ain't gonna let him get away for $1.5M. The rumor is he's already offering $2M, but it's highly probably he'll get offers of $3M or more after July 1. It's going to come down to how much Scuds wants to stay a Pen. Most think he'll take the cash and no one can blame him.

Copy that! Thats a Helluva raise from $725,000 to $3 million....

That's what a great playoff run (including shutting down Ovechkin) will do for you.

Yea what Ovechkin only scored like 10 goals in that series.

Give Scuderi 3.5 mil and ask Lids to retire.

No way should we get Scuderi. I think the Wings learned their lesson after signing Stuart after his performance in the finals in '08. He looked great out there with Kronner and it seemed we got a steal at only $3.75 mil/year at the time, but now I think they regret it a bit, especially giving him a NTC for the first 2 years of the deal. I know for sure we wouldn't have re-signed him if we had signed Hossa before Stuart. Stuart simply isn't worth what role the team is asking him to play, a stay-at-home type 4th d-man. If he wasn't in the mix, we'd still have Lids, Raf, Kronner, Ericsson, Lilja(assuming he returns), Lebda, and Meech.

If Max Talbot were an impending UFA, he'd be getting way over-paid for what he can actually provide on a consistent basis.

Edited by datterberg1340

I don't know why everyone started hating on Scuderi. He's a solid defenseman, has some good positioning skills, and is still developing. He'd be a good fit.

That being said, I can't see Detroit being able to match some of these offers he'll get if he hits the open market. That Finger deal has pretty much diluted the defensive free-agent market for at least the next few years.

Holland said our defense is set and by judging our GAA in our recent playoff run, I believe him. And to be honest, we don't need an overpaid average defensemen.

We have better defensemen on the rise than this kid will ever be.... and we'll keep our players at a much better price.

Guest Crymson

Lids - Rafi

Stuart - Kronwall

Ericsson - Scuderi

(Lebda - Lilja - Meech)

Oh, for f***'s sake. Will people please quit this sort of nonsense? We have $26,933,33 tied up in defense already. We have four perfectly good defensemen. We are looking at the loss of some forwards and/or the necessity of re-signing forwards at reasonable rates. The team will not expend big money on third-pairing defensemen.

YEESH.

That's what a great playoff run (including shutting down Ovechkin) will do for you.

Given Ovechkin's point totals in that series, I don't understand where you would possibly say that he was shut down. I don't think Scuderi limiting Ovechkin to eight goals and six assists in a seven game series qualifies as 'shutting down Ovechkin' in anyone's language.

I don't know why everyone started hating on Scuderi. He's a solid defenseman, has some good positioning skills, and is still developing. He'd be a good fit.

Sure---he'd be a good fit if the salary cap did not exist. However, the salary cap exists.

I think some people are still stuck in the era in which the Wings could spend big money across the board, even on fourth-liners and third-pairing defensemen. That era has passed.

Edited by Crymson

Sure---he'd be a good fit if the salary cap did not exist. However, the salary cap exists.

I think some people are still stuck in the era in which the Wings could spend big money across the board, even on fourth-liners and third-pairing defensemen. That era has passed.

I think you need to go back and read the rest of that post

Guest Crymson
I think you need to go back and read the rest of that post

I did read it---and it said nothing of the salary cap.

Oh, for f***'s sake. Will people please quit this sort of nonsense? We have $26,933,33 tied up in defense already. We have four perfectly good defensemen. We are looking at the loss of some forwards and/or the necessity of re-signing forwards at reasonable rates. The team will not expend big money on third-pairing defensemen.

YEESH.

Dude, relax, notice I said sign him for $1.5million, that is not big money on third line pairing. If he is worth more on the market, then pass. I figured doublng his money would be attrative, but if the markets says he's worth more, then fine. But $1.5 million for Scuderi is NOT big money. ANd heis a hell of alot better than Meech or Lebda.

I'd give Scuderi $1.5 million before Hudler gets anything, thats how much Hudler is worth to this team. He choked worse than anyone in the playoffs. Why not have three great defensive pairings? Scuderi makes the P/K that much better. But we only have $1.5 to toss around so forget it. Like I said, I never mentioned signing him for sure, only if he'd take the $1.5, which would double his salary, thought that wasn't being unreasonable. If he gets $3.0 plus, good on him! If we had the money I'd give him $3.0 before Hudler as well...

Scuderi = solid, gritty, defensive defensmen. A Bargain at $1.5...

Hudler = :puke:

Scuderi is not average - hes quite solid, and underrated in most respects. Hes a good #5, who can fill in as an anchor #4, and is worth about 2-2.5M. And given that hes worth about 2-2.5M, he'll likely command 3-3.5M on the open market.

Theres no way he signs for 1.5M on the open market. If that were his asking price, the Pens would have him signed, sealed, and delivered by now.

Given Ovechkin's point totals in that series, I don't understand where you would possibly say that he was shut down. I don't think Scuderi limiting Ovechkin to eight goals and six assists in a seven game series qualifies as 'shutting down Ovechkin' in anyone's language.

No doubt that's what the box score would indicate, but actually watching the whole series tells a different story. Only 2 of those goals were scored on Penguin ice when Pit could dictate matchups - a garbage goal in a blowout and a slapper on a bad change. Scuds wasn't on the ice for either.

Is he worth $3M? No way. But the perception is that he had a great playoff run and shut down Ovechkin, true or not.

Guest Crymson
No doubt that's what the box score would indicate, but actually watching the whole series tells a different story. Only 2 of those goals were scored on Penguin ice when Pit could dictate matchups - a garbage goal in a blowout and a slapper on a bad change. Scuds wasn't on the ice for either.

Is he worth $3M? No way. But the perception is that he had a great playoff run and shut down Ovechkin, true or not.

True or not? I'd say 'not true.' And nobody who scores 14 points in a seven-game series was 'shut down.'

Edited by Crymson

True or not? I'd say 'not true.' And nobody who scores 14 points in a seven-game series was 'shut down.'

To be fair, nobody but Lidstrom could shut down the best player in the world. Ovi is a freakin BEAST!

I did read it---and it said nothing of the salary cap.

That being said, I can't see Detroit being able to match some of these offers he'll get if he hits the open market. That Finger deal has pretty much diluted the defensive free-agent market for at least the next few years.

A reference to the salary cap.