• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Holland "Not Optimistic" about re-signing Hossa

Rate this topic

"Good news. I will miss Conklin though, wont miss Hossa at all. "

That makes a ton of sense!! You're a real fan i see and are very educated with that insightful hockey knowledge. Thanks.

Wow - one day on the forum and the sarcastic confrontational comments are already coming out. Can't wait to see what you have to contribute in the future... :rolleyes:

Now that being said I'm not going to start thinking about where he may go until I know for sure he is not going to be resigned by the Detroit Red Wings. I hope the Wings can work something out but if not I hope the Wings can make the right decisions on continuing to build a great hockey team.

the idea that of hossa or any player will sign on discount $2m it is absurd. that is no discount, that foolishness! arrogant to think as this why the fans of redwings hated around leagues.

Big difference. Datsyuk was just starting out and it is common for younger players to struggle in the postseason. Hossa is an established player in the league whose sole motivation was to win the Cup and his performance was shockingly subpar. I may be wrong, but I think Hossa has had one good postseason thus far in his career and that was last year with the Pens.

Last I remember, Datsyuk didn't exactly have a record breaking performance this postseason either

So should we get rid of Dasyuk too?

And how many points did Hossa have in the playoffs in 2008?

Datsyuk struggled in the postseason early in his career. Hossa is an established player who should have been motivated out of his mind to play his former team and he delivered an iconic chokejob. It is not even about the points. When Datsyuk came back at least he was making things happen offensively, Hossa created no offensive pressure. I think that is what people are complaining about.

Edited by Manoir

Until its official about who we sign, I'm not letting my nerves get to me. i'm still recovering from the playoffs.

Hossa stays I;m good with it. He leaves Its sucks but it was meant to be.

I will surely miss Conks :( Howard scares me ........

GO WINGS!! Holland knows what needs to be done.. I have faith in the management

Until its official about who we sign, I'm not letting my nerves get to me. i'm still recovering from the playoffs.

Hossa stays I;m good with it. He leaves Its sucks but it was meant to be.

I will surely miss Conks :( Howard scares me ........

GO WINGS!! Holland knows what needs to be done.. I have faith in the management

If they're keeping Howard, they must see something. Very well.

I believe. Holland and Co. demand it.

If they're keeping Howard, they must see something. Very well.

I believe. Holland and Co. demand it.

For the most part, I believe they see a player without any minor league options.

At the same time, they feel comfortable enough in order to give him a shot.

If he doesn't meet expectations, they'll get it fixed, one way or another.

If he does move on, I just hope we show a little class and not treat him like a traitor. I wish he had done more in the playoffs, especially the final, but I still respect the guy, and the choice he made to come to Detroit.

I agree. I would hope he is met with rousing applause each return visit to The Joe.

Good riddons?

So should we get rid of Dasyuk too?

And how many points did Hossa have in the playoffs in 2008?

oh i forgot that Maid Marian had a broken foot and other ailments that forced him to miss some games... my bad

Who care how many points he had in 08... if he would have had those in '09 he would be prolly having a cup party at his condo tonight....

I wont be sad when he leaves, now would i call him a traitor.... unless he picks up his point production in the post season on another team against us ;)

This Hossa hate is simply ******* ridiculous. Stats or no stats, it amazes me how everyone loved him until now and suddenly half of us might as well be Penguin fans. My message to you people: f*** off. It's not like he's screwing the franchise if he bails out for more money. He was a rental, and we loved having him here, don't forget that.

Hossa can be the difference between a 1 spot or a 9 spot. I'd take him back any day.

Essentially the same team was a 1 seed minus Hossa and a 2 seed with him. His leaving won't drop the Wings down to 9. But more scoring depth never hurts with the division likely to get tougher...

If he takes a bigger money offer to leave, I won't hold it against him. He already gave up cash to come to Detroit for a year.

No I won't treat him like a traitor like the Pens fans did - he came on a one year deal and nothing is ever guaranteed after that.

I like how people acuse you of being a hockey idiot if you pass on Hossa. The reason why I think we should is only because of the cap space. I know how much skill the guy has, but Detroit succeeds in the amount of depth they have.

Not saying this is happening, but the Wings can get a pick for his rights and then still negotiate with him after July 1. Same deal as before, but with pick thrown in.

In theory yes, but if they are trading away his rights, they have pretty much given up any hope of signing him.

After what he said about wanting to win the cup, it doesn't make sense for him to go to LA or Minny. I can't see either of those 2 teams getting anywhere near the cup in the next several years...

This Hossa hate is simply ******* ridiculous. Stats or no stats, it amazes me how everyone loved him until now and suddenly half of us might as well be Penguin fans. My message to you people: f*** off. It's not like he's screwing the franchise if he bails out for more money. He was a rental, and we loved having him here, don't forget that.

Many, including myself loved him until he was a no-show for 6 of the most important games of our season last year.... I am not sad to see him go, ergo i am not at all like a pittsburgh fan. They (pens fans) call him Judas... remember what happened to judas after he "betrayed" Perhaps Hossa not returning is him figuratively hanging himself.

idk and idc we were fine without him and i think we will be fine without him again. Don't we hold the record for longest playoff appearance.... hossa is hardly the reason for that :D

A quote I found from the Windsor Star.

"Detro it is at the top of my list for sure," said Hossa, who acknowledged he'd have to take a pay cut to stay.

He seems to have changed his way of Thinking, as last year he sais that he would do anything to including a pay cut to stay with the Wings, As if he doesen't have enough $$ already.

I always supported Hoss. and would love to have him here. but I see his agent turning this into an issue.