• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Holland "Not Optimistic" about re-signing Hossa

Rate this topic

If hossa gets a long term contract, do you think after maltby retires he will switch to 18? then my jersey would be useless.

It won't be useless. It will be even more cool than it is now. Like my #7 Chelios Blackhawks jersey. It probably peaked in value during the Detroit.Chicago series. It would have been worth even more if he was actually playing in the series.

BTW, Winters says "so much for my kids renovations to their rooms"? You f***in slap some new paint on the walls and maybe get some new carpeting for a kids room and thats about it. You don't "renovate" a kids room. Talk about lifestyles of the rich and famous, holy cow.

It won't be useless. It will be even more cool than it is now. Like my #7 Chelios Blackhawks jersey. It probably peaked in value during the Detroit.Chicago series. It would have been worth even more if he was actually playing in the series.

BTW, Winters says "so much for my kids renovations to their rooms"? You f***in slap some new paint on the walls and maybe get some new carpeting for a kids room and thats about it. You don't "renovate" a kids room. Talk about lifestyles of the rich and famous, holy cow.

:blink: Yea i seriously hope that the quote was taken out of context because if my agent sounded like that much of a blood sucker i would dismiss his ass faster than he can imagine. Reminds me of Sprewell when he rejected that 21 million dollar contract asking how he was supposed to feed his kids. :ranting:

Mr. Hossa is starting to wear on my nerves.

I know right? How dare he consider his contract before signing with us? We are the Detroit Red Wings! Everyone must take a 2 million dollar contract now or they are selfish!

I know right? How dare he consider his contract before signing with us? We are the Detroit Red Wings! Everyone must take a 2 million dollar contract now or they are selfish!

Did I say that? I want him to s___ or get off the pot so we can at least get something for him.

Did I say that? I want him to s___ or get off the pot so we can at least get something for him.

Oh no! He isn't sure of his decision!

Seriously, when millions of dollars are on the line, you can't honestly believe that the player is going to just make some rash decision simply because of the team.

understandable but he doesn't owe us anything, if he honestly wants to ponder our offer well into free agency he has every right. we can't offer him the same figures as other teams, why should he have to make a quick decision on a deal that could potentially alter the mans quality of life one way or another, because you'd like to give up on him for a draft pick? sounds like us fans are the selfish ones telling him to hurry up

I'm just throwing this out there...

I would trade Filpula if it meant keeping Hossa.

I like Fil. Fil is smooth, young, talented, but Hossa is a complete package that Fil isn't yet... and despite what a lot of people say, may never be.

I mean come on, Hossa is even more physical.

If Kenny was willing to move Filpula's contract then many more options would be on the table than just settling for Hossa. For example if some team signs Phil Kessel to an offer sheet of over $6 mil, Boston cannot match that offer. That said I think Fil is a keeper. He's got 30 goal potential written all over him.

understandable but he doesn't owe us anything, if he honestly wants to ponder our offer well into free agency he has every right. we can't offer him the same figures as other teams, why should he have to make a quick decision on a deal that could potentially alter the mans quality of life one way or another, because you'd like to give up on him for a draft pick? sounds like us fans are the selfish ones telling him to hurry up

yeah I'm with you. He doesn't owe us or the Wings anything. Let's not be Pens fans here. I'm sure Holland has a backup plan anyways, with it basically being Hudler and/or another FA. He isn't the Bob Gainey and he's not gonna just wait for Hossa until it's too late the way Gainey did with Sundin. Holland will know when to say well if you don't make up your mind we'll move on. And Hossa can take as long as he wants. As long as he doesn't hold the team hostage, which knowing Kenny Holland he won't cause Holland is a mart guy.

To go along with the other thread, if Hossa signs for $4.5, Kronwall will be the one traded. With Hossa we only have 11 forwards (ad that is with re-signing Leino) why take away from an already short staffed forward group when you have 8 defensmen (Lilja included.) If Lilja is not healthy, you have seven, but trading away Lebda AND Meech is NOT going to free up enough space to bring up Abby (I know he is pegged to spend the year in GRR, but it is an option when you are short 2 forwards.) OR sign two forwards to fill out your forwards. Now all of a sudden you are down to 6 defensmen with no room to bring up someone. Keeping Lebda/Meech allows you to have 7 defensmen and 12 forwards (because Meech doubles up front.) Now, trading Kronwall not only opens up $3 million more, it allows Meech to serve as that 7th defensman & 13th forward. And you still have cash to sign (or bring up Abby) to fill out your 13 forwards. I know trading Kronwall is even less popular than trading Filppula, but it makes more business sense, you'll have less spots to fill.

WITH KRONWALL & HOSSA:(assuming Lilja is out)

Cleary - Zetter - Dats

Hossa - Filppula - Franzen

Leino - Helm - Holmstrom

Maltby - Draper - ??????

Meech

Lids - Rafi

Stu - Kron

Leb - Eric

Meech

The above roster puts us over the CAP by $870,000 all while missing a 12th forward. If you trade Meech/Lebda you are now down 2 forwards and 2 defensmen plus you only have $262,000 to fill 4 roster spots. Now, if you trade Kronwall (of course this is also assuming Stuart or Rafi will NOT waive their NTC's) the roster looks like this, with Hossa and no Lilja:

Cleary - Zetts - Dats

Hossa - Filpp - Franz

Leino - Helm - Holm

Maltby - Drap - ?????

????

Lids - Rafi

Stu - Eric

Lebda - Meech

????

Notice there is still 3 spots open, but you now have $2.1 million to fill those spots. I am a fan for bring up Abby, and giving maybe someone on the D in GRR a ligit shot, like Kindl. Or you can sign a defenman for around $1million and once again Meech can act as your 7th defensman and your 13th forward.

If you trade Filppula or Cleary sure the money freed up is nearly the same, but then you'd have to sign a 2nd line center for $1.8 to $2.1 million.

Whatever happens, we are goin to look a little different next year, Hossa or not. I hope Hossa signs, but if he doesn't no biggie, I just hope Holland doesn't waste his entire cap space on Hudler...

yeah I'm with you. He doesn't owe us or the Wings anything. Let's not be Pens fans here. I'm sure Holland has a backup plan anyways, with it basically being Hudler and/or another FA. He isn't the Bob Gainey and he's not gonna just wait for Hossa until it's too late the way Gainey did with Sundin. Holland will know when to say well if you don't make up your mind we'll move on. And Hossa can take as long as he wants. As long as he doesn't hold the team hostage, which knowing Kenny Holland he won't cause Holland is a mart guy.

I think the Hossa saga will end at midnight. And honestly nobody should have sour grapes over his departure. He did a great thing by taking alot less money and gambling on winning the cup in one season and it almost paid off for him and the Red Wings. In a perfect world not only would we re-sing Hossa tomorrow we also sign Jay Bouwmeester but that's just not the reality of the new salary cap NHL.

^ I would be shocked if Kronwall was ever traded, some refer to him as little Nik.

Ya, hear ya, but in the scenarios, you cannot fill out your forward rostor with the very little funds you'll hve ;eft over by trading Filppula or Cleary. Unless Stuart or Rafi waive, Lebda & Meech aren't going to free up enough space, someone else in the $3million range has to go. Kronner. We also have Big Ericsson as well. Just think of the quagmire we'll have when both his and Kronwall contracts up? Hate to do it, but of the two, Ericsson would be the one to stay. Plus you could probably get a first rounder for Kronwall...

losing players or trading them are all unpopular and shocking, but in the Cap world, it has to be done. The cap was created so there could be no more dynasty's. And the next CBA will disallow the kind of contracts Holland has mastered. The NHL will figure out a way to outlaw front loaded cntracts. It's reality.

In my scenario, we lose Sammy, Hudler, Chelios, Kronwall, Kopecky, Conklin and gain Hossa, Ericsson, Helm, Abby, Leino, Howard, Joe UFA & possibly Kindl. One of these days the youth has to arrive, Helm/Abby/Leino/Ericsson are all ready. Howard is going to get his shot and to fill out the D, give Kindl the nod. Of course the same thing would be if lets say Stuart waives, $then just replace Kronner with Stuart (or Rafi.) Either way, the kids ar out of options (with the exception of Abby/Kindl) but they're coming....

With that, let's take a look at the various Tuesday afternoon free agent previews. ESPN's EJ Hradek spoke to Sportscenter about Marian Hossa, stating that Ken Holland remains "not optimistic" about signing Hossa, and that he's probably headed to Los Angeles, in a 5:46 video (check the 4:28 remaining mark)...

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2009/06/ge...he_red_win.html

GAME OVER!!!!!

Update 7:23 PM: As for the conspiracy theories suggesting that Ken Holland has some sort of magical ace up his sleeve, and is just jerking Red Wings fans around? Nope. Hossa and Ritch Winter are mulling over the Wings' offer vs. opting for free agency. Ken Holland is not Brian Burke--if the Wings could have reached an offer with Hossa earlier, it would have been better for both their blood pressure and ours to sign him and move on to their other free agents. There is no magic cap bullet here.

With that, let's take a look at the various Tuesday afternoon free agent previews. ESPN's EJ Hradek spoke to Sportscenter about Marian Hossa, stating that Ken Holland remains "not optimistic" about signing Hossa, and that he's probably headed to Los Angeles, in a 5:46 video (check the 4:28 remaining mark)...

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2009/06/ge...he_red_win.html

GAME OVER!!!!!

You've got to remember that these press people spin the same old quotes in different ways over and over and over again. I don't think Holland's said anything different. Half these articles are more than likely based off the same 2-3 day old quote. The news is a joke these days...

Here's a good read:

https://www.gavindebecker.com/media_fear_tactics.cfm