• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Holland "Not Optimistic" about re-signing Hossa

Rate this topic

well...well.. well... no sh*t???

Kenny must have been temporarily using the same accountant that gave the OK to all the dead contracts Dombrowski worked out with some of the Tiger players.... LOL...

I'm not going to believe anything until I see it for myself but if this is true, that really gives us some huge cap space to resign Hudler, Filppula and some other players and maybe even go after a semi big name free agent. If this is true I'm disgusted with Hossa and his Agent. I know an agent is supposed to get the most for his player that he can but if Hossa wants to stay in Detroit as bad as he has said all season long and to let a deal like this fall through just because of $2 Million more than I say shame on you Hossa and good riddons.

Now that being said I'm not going to start thinking about where he may go until I know for sure he is not going to be resigned by the Detroit Red Wings. I hope the Wings can work something out but if not I hope the Wings can make the right decisions on continuing to build a great hockey team.

I'm not going to believe anything until I see it for myself but if this is true, that really gives us some huge cap space to resign Hudler, Filppula and some other players and maybe even go after a semi big name free agent. If this is true I'm disgusted with Hossa and his Agent. I know an agent is supposed to get the most for his player that he can but if Hossa wants to stay in Detroit as bad as he has said all season long and to let a deal like this fall through just because of $2 Million more than I say shame on you Hossa and good riddons.

Now that being said I'm not going to start thinking about where he may go until I know for sure he is not going to be resigned by the Detroit Red Wings. I hope the Wings can work something out but if not I hope the Wings can make the right decisions on continuing to build a great hockey team.

He's not going anywhere in which he can get the same intangibles he got in Detroit.

I dislike Hossa a fair bit myself, but re the bold part...are you serious? Only 2 million? I'd like to know what type of job you have that 2 million per year is meaningless.

Edited by Zetts

I dislike Hossa a fair bit myself, but re the bold part...are you serious? Only 2 million? I'd like to know what type of job you have that 2 million per year is meaningless.

Well it's not like $2 million dollars a year is a lot of money or anything...

I still say that Hossa owes the Wings NOTHING AT ALL. If he wants to leave, it's his financial gain, but his loss in the way of reputation (still unfairly thought of as a mercenary) and very likely this is a fork in the road for his legacy, minutely similar to the fall that Fedorov's legacy took when he left here. I wish him the best, and if I'm at the Joe next year and we're playing against him instead of with him, I will stand and clap for him.

I was refering to the fact that he is already a millionare hockey player and that after ONE season at over $7 Million he's not willing to take $3 Million less to stay in Detroit (which is what he's been saying he wants to do all season long) and have a better chance at winning a Stanley Cup than with some other teams. For a lont-term deal $2 Million shouldn't be a barrier between him and the Detroit Red Wings.

Let's see when I'm dead and gone do I want $70 or $80 Million in the bank that I can't spend or do I want my name on a trophy that will most likely stand the test of time and when it's time to take the ring of the Stanley Cup that bares my name it will go into the Hockey Hall of Fame for the rest of Human Existance. Geez I take a legacy of great hockey playing and even just 1 Championship than $$$$ that I can't spend.

I was refering to the fact that he is already a millionare hockey player and that after ONE season at over $7 Million he's not willing to take $3 Million less to stay in Detroit (which is what he's been saying he wants to do all season long) and have a better chance at winning a Stanley Cup than with some other teams. For a lont-term deal $2 Million shouldn't be a barrier between him and the Detroit Red Wings.

Let's see when I'm dead and gone do I want $70 or $80 Million in the bank that I can't spend or do I want my name on a trophy that will most likely stand the test of time and when it's time to take the ring of the Stanley Cup that bares my name it will go into the Hockey Hall of Fame for the rest of Human Existance. Geez I take a legacy of great hockey playing and even just 1 Championship than $$$$ that I can't spend.

Hey hey now. This isn't just money for himself but for his family. Wealth is no joke. The more money he can leave to his descendants the better.

In all seriousness though, Kenny really said he's "not optimistic." That's not really the same as "doubtful," at least not imo. From Kenny's end, he's offering a cap number that's ridiculous for Hossa's standards. However, we have yet to hear or see what Hossa himself wants to do.

If Hossa does not want to be a Red Wing than so be it, let him go to the highest bidder. I just wish that they were going to offer a Contract to Conklin. He played real well for the Wings and I have no confidence in Howard. Losing Conklin makes me more sad than losing Hossa.

Hossa and his agent basically knew for sometime about what the Wings could afford to offer him. If he wants to the Wings to really handcuff themselves then what's the point of being here if they can't get good enough role players to fill out a roster for him?

Hey hey now. This isn't just money for himself but for his family. Wealth is no joke. The more money he can leave to his descendants the better.

In all seriousness though, Kenny really said he's "not optimistic." That's not really the same as "doubtful," at least not imo. From Kenny's end, he's offering a cap number that's ridiculous for Hossa's standards. However, we have yet to hear or see what Hossa himself wants to do.

You're reading my mind here. I was thinking that it sounded like Holland was doing a little negotiating in the press. Winter's pay is directly tied to how much Hossa signs for so he is trying to get as much as possible. Hossa has yet to say anything and I truly think he wants to stay in Detroit. Time will tell. If he stays, GREAT. If he goes, I wish him well and hope Kenny signs some more grit.

If he does move on, I just hope we show a little class and not treat him like a traitor. I wish he had done more in the playoffs, especially the final, but I still respect the guy, and the choice he made to come to Detroit.

I don't understand why Hossa would care about the cap number. So what if he only earns 1 or 2 mil a season when he's approaching his 40's? Most likely he won't be playing by then, and even if he is he's not going to be a 40 goal scorer.

In a way it would make me relieved to see him go. Signing him, in addition to making us lose other players, would make for yet another season where we're right up against the cap. If he's not willing to take a discount to stay, let him move on and try his luck somewhere else.

Even if we are not going to resign Hossa - THANKS HOSSA for good season (40 goals isn't bad at all) and sacrifice (last season - you rejected a lot of money that you are not going to earn this time)... It was nice to have you - wish you luck!!!

GO WINGS GO

If he does move on, I just hope we show a little class and not treat him like a traitor. I wish he had done more in the playoffs, especially the final, but I still respect the guy, and the choice he made to come to Detroit.

Agreed. I just hope we can all be as mature as we were when Sergei Fedorov left.

I'm a little nervous about letting Conks go instead of Jimmy...

I'm with ya on this one! I don't know why everybody jumped all over Ty last year. I thought he did just fine as Ozzie's backup. His little rough patch aside. He was a steal for what he was making. What makes me nervous too is who backs up Howard if Ozzie gets injured? Larsson or Pearce?

NOOOOOOOO NOT CONKS!!!!! i dont give a crap about hossa but dude c'mon like ive said if ANYONE deserves a raise and contract extension its CONKLIN. Howard is NOT ready and never will be oh kenny why must you break my heart all the time.