• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kolo

Kopy / Hossa connection

Rate this topic

As most of you know Kopy and Hossa are both Slovak. They attend my Slovak Church here in Michigan at times. It seems like Kopy would take a hit to keep playing on a team with Hossa because they are friends, but seeing as he is going to test the open market, might mean that the chances of keeping Hossa are looking pretty slim from Kopys eyes ( or his agents). So from that simple observation ( and the Not Optimistion comment) I really think Hossa is definitely going to try the open market.

Just a thought, that Kopy knows more then us. I really don't feel like Hossa is going to stay, but I do think he is a great player and would be an asset to our team in the future.

As most of you know Kopy and Hossa are both Slovak. They attend my Slovak Church here in Michigan at times. It seems like Kopy would take a hit to keep playing on a team with Hossa because they are friends, but seeing as he is going to test the open market, might mean that the chances of keeping Hossa are looking pretty slim from Kopys eyes ( or his agents). So from that simple observation ( and the Not Optimistion comment) I really think Hossa is definitely going to try the open market.

Just a thought, that Kopy knows more then us. I really don't feel like Hossa is going to stay, but I do think he is a great player and would be an asset to our team in the future.

St. Cyril?

Of anything, I believe this to be the reason why not to have faith in Hossa coming back. Kopy was instrumental in bringing Hossa to Detroit, last summer. It was him who talked up the organization. Kopy's brother and Hossa were good friends. Kopy doesn't think (or knows) that Hossa isn't coming back next year.

Hossa understands that if he re-signs, it's almost a sure thing that both of his closest friends on the team, Kopy and Huds, won't be here. Very few signs as of late point to him returning.

If Leino and Hudler sign their qualifying offers, that leaves the Wings with about $4.9m in cap space and 11 forwards, 7 defensemen, and 2 goalies signed. So realistically, if Hossa signs for a deal with a $4m cap hit, and Kopecky's deal is reasonable for his role ($750k or less) then the Wings will be able to retain all three under the cap. The one catch is that Brad Stuart has to waive his no trade clause or be waived and sent to the minors/picked up by another team.

If we can't get Stuart to waive his NTC, the next option is trading Filppula and his $3m cap hit, as well as Lebda and his $650k cap hit. If Lilja can't play due to his injuries, then trading Lebda is not necessary.

Also, if Lilja cannot play due to his injuries, it's possible that trading or waiving Holmstrom instead of Filppula would clear enough space, depending on Kopecky's contract and whether it was closer to $500k or $750k. Cleary would also work, except for that pesky NTC and the fact that he's a much better player than Holmstrom.

If Leino and Hudler sign their qualifying offers, that leaves the Wings with about $4.9m in cap space and 11 forwards, 7 defensemen, and 2 goalies signed. So realistically, if Hossa signs for a deal with a $4m cap hit, and Kopecky's deal is reasonable for his role ($750k or less) then the Wings will be able to retain all three under the cap. The one catch is that Brad Stuart has to waive his no trade clause or be waived and sent to the minors/picked up by another team.

If we can't get Stuart to waive his NTC, the next option is trading Filppula and his $3m cap hit, as well as Lebda and his $650k cap hit. If Lilja can't play due to his injuries, then trading Lebda is not necessary.

Also, if Lilja cannot play due to his injuries, it's possible that trading or waiving Holmstrom instead of Filppula would clear enough space, depending on Kopecky's contract and whether it was closer to $500k or $750k. Cleary would also work, except for that pesky NTC and the fact that he's a much better player than Holmstrom.

You must have a lot of fun playing with legos.