• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Pistons fire Michael Curry!

Rate this topic

http://www.freep.com/article/20090713/SPOR...harpe-to-Denver

Okay this move makes me scratch my head. Affalo and Sharpe for ONE 2nd round pick? I thought we were trying to be defensive? Affalo is one of the only Pistons left that fits this mold, plus he is young. He is that type of role player every team needs. I understand we are doing this to get a big man, but really who is out there?

Great point. I can't figure it out either. Afflalo never got a chance really and why did the Pistons waste a first round pick on Sharpe last season? I hope Kuester turns out to be that offensive genius because the Pistons are going to be pathetic on defense.

The only free agent big man I would even really care to sign now is Glen Davis. The problem is he is restricted and the Celtics can match any offer. I would still rather go after Tyson Chandler and dump Prince in the process. Might as well get rid of him too since nobody else on the roster can play defense now.

Great point. I can't figure it out either. Afflalo never got a chance really and why did the Pistons waste a first round pick on Sharpe last season? I hope Kuester turns out to be that offensive genius because the Pistons are going to be pathetic on defense.

The only free agent big man I would even really care to sign now is Glen Davis. The problem is he is restricted and the Celtics can match any offer. I would still rather go after Tyson Chandler and dump Prince in the process. Might as well get rid of him too since nobody else on the roster can play defense now.

I hate Davis, but I would take him. I don't know the Celtics cap situation, but I would assume they would match anything reasonable. I was just wondering if the Clippers are shopping big men. They have a million of them, and need to get Griffin PT so maybe that is an option.

Also take it for what it's worth...I'm not a twitter person, but I was reading on another board that CV's twitter said something like "Another big move coming!" after this trade occurred.

Sharpe was a second-rounder. The Sonics (as they were at the time, anyway) drafted him for us, and we drafted D.J. White in the first round for them. Basically we got their two second-rounders for our first rounder. Not a bad deal, actually - if you can drop juuust out of the first round like that you do it, because there's no sense binding yourself to the guaranteed contract.

Sharpe was a second-rounder. The Sonics (as they were at the time, anyway) drafted him for us, and we drafted D.J. White in the first round for them. Basically we got their two second-rounders for our first rounder. Not a bad deal, actually - if you can drop juuust out of the first round like that you do it, because there's no sense binding yourself to the guaranteed contract.

I agree with you 9 outta 10 times on that point, but the DJ White trade bugged me. I have no clue how White is doing now, but he seemed like a Joe D type of player. He was blue collared, and played in college for 4 years dealing with TONS of diversity compared to the majority of other college players.

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

I agree with you 9 outta 10 times on that point, but the DJ White trade bugged me. I have no clue how White is doing now, but he seemed like a Joe D type of player. He was blue collared, and played in college for 4 years dealing with TONS of diversity compared to the majority of other college players.

Yeah, I hate dealing with diversity, don't you? ;)

Anyway, White might be good eventually, but he only played seven games this year. If you can't crack the lineup of the OKC Thunder, whose lineup can you crack?

Yeah, I hate dealing with diversity, don't you? ;)

Anyway, White might be good eventually, but he only played seven games this year. If you can't crack the lineup of the OKC Thunder, whose lineup can you crack?

That is all true haha...

What does everyone thing about a possible return of Ben Wallace to the Pistons?

They would sign him under vetern salary so his salary wouldnt go against the cap.

To me he is a shell of what he used to be. That being said if he can play and contribute off the bench..then I would sign him.

They would sign him under vetern salary so his salary wouldnt go against the cap.

To me he is a shell of what he used to be. That being said if he can play and contribute off the bench..then I would sign him.

No thanks...Ben Wallace makes Kwame Brown look like Dwight Howard. He hasn't done a thing since leaving Detroit. Like they say karma is a *****!

i'll pass. i'd bring chris webber back if we're being sentimental here.

i expect joe to pursue a true center (not a great one) in the coming weeks, without a trade.

I totally did not realize the Pistons have Sean Singletary on the summer league roster. Can't believe I missed that. I'm giddy like a schoolgirl in the presence of 5,000 Jonas Brothers. I really really really really hope Singletary sticks with the Pistons for the season. All-time favorite UVA baller. The guy's got a million times the heart, hustle, desire, everything, of any NBAer out there. He's a Joe D type of guy for sure. All character.

Hell no to Ben Wallace. I don't even think it's a legitimate rumor that the Pistons are interested. Wallace is done being an energetic defensive force in the NBA. I have my doubts with his knees being so bad that he could even be an effective role player off the bench. The Pistons are going to get destroyed inside this season. I have said it before but I think Tyson Chandler would help this team more than any other potential free agent/trade targets.

Summers and Daye look great in the summer league so far. I have to give Joe D. some real props already for the Summers pick - he is going to be a steal for a second rounder.

i'll pass. i'd bring chris webber back if we're being sentimental here.

i expect joe to pursue a true center (not a great one) in the coming weeks, without a trade.

Problem is there are no big men out there. Big Baby Davis is the only one that comes to mind for me.

I think they will go after Chandler or Boozer via trade.

Problem is there are no big men out there. Big Baby Davis is the only one that comes to mind for me.

I think they will go after Chandler or Boozer via trade.

Yeah I agree. I'm starting to warm up the Boozer idea. I was never really a fan of it, because first of all he is kind of injury prone, and second we would have a really small lineup. On the other hand what is the downside? If Boozer gets hurt, or he just doesn't mesh with the team we can let him walk just like A.I. and get his 12 million dollar expiring contract.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090713/SPOR...harpe-to-Denver

Okay this move makes me scratch my head. Affalo and Sharpe for ONE 2nd round pick? I thought we were trying to be defensive? Affalo is one of the only Pistons left that fits this mold, plus he is young. He is that type of role player every team needs. I understand we are doing this to get a big man, but really who is out there?

Arron Afflalo is gone? :( Well that sucks, just like virtually every made Dumars has made for the past 4-5 years. Afflalo might never be a star but he plays with real intensity and a passion for the game, he's quick and is a VERY strong defender. This deal is a typical Dumars shocker. What is his obsession with stock piling rubbish draft picks that will only be served to draft more hacks? I'm fed up. :thumbdown:

And Walter Sharpe, well that was the biggest waste of time in history. I remember everyone saying he was no good, and we drafted some guy who fell asleep and couldn't pass his subjects, something along those lines. And now we've gone and traded him. Hey Joe here's an idea, how about drafting players that are actually GOOD? Guys like Afflalo. Oh wait...

Edited by Aussie_Wing