• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Toledo Walleye Affiliation?

Rate this topic

I noticed that there is going to be a new East Coast Hockey League franchise in Toledo (Some of you might remember the old Toledo Storm from a few years ago) and I wondered if anybody has heard of a possible affiliation with the Red Wings or Griffins. The Storm used to be a "AA" affiliate of the Wings and also supplied G.R. with players to fill in in the event of injuries or call- ups. Are the Walleye going to be the wings "AA" affiliate like the Storm were? It seems like a good idea, with Thomas McCollum, Johan Ryno, Dick Axelsson likely to play with Grand Rapids next season and Abdelkader coming back too, Jordan Pearce will not be with the Griffins. G.R. could have used an affiliation last year for guys like Brett Petterson, Randall Gelech, and P.J. Atherton.

I wish they would have kept the old name. The Storm is way cooler then The Walleye. But, I'll have to get back to the old stompin grounds to check out The Walleye, they built a new arena downtown Toledo and it looks pretty nice.

For all you Grand Rapids and Detroit fans, come to Toledo this fall/winter to see our brand new Arena and our brand new Toledo Walleye's team. Our city is ready for Hockey again after being without it for 2yrs. Yes, we will be the Red Wings ECHL team along with the Black Hawks ECHL team. ( Maybe Marian Hosa will rehab in Toledo)Ha!..... We have just finished our Arena in downtown Toledo and it is beautiful. We seat about 7500 for Hockey, and a few more for the Toledo Bull Frogs Arena Football. Every seat appears to have a great view, and we have sky boxes, and even a couple of them that can be rented out for games. The Arena is 1st class in every way. Go to our website and look at the pictures and articles. We are expecting a Goalie form the Red Wings, and form the Black Hawks, and at least a few other players form both teams. Our first 2 pre-season games will be Oct 11, and 12th I believe, but they will be in neighboring Hockey barns, so to save opening night at the New Arena on Oct 16. Please make the 3 hr trip to Toledo this year. Any questions, just ask.

There is no way they could have kept the Storm name. The guy who owned said name was asking for too much money and the people who own the Mud Hens didn't want to pay that much for it. So they were all sitting around and thinking of names, Walleye was the best choice I guess. I personally would have gone with Carty's choice, "Toledo Peckerheads." Lulz would ensue.

Guest gofish

I just got my Walleye tickets delivered in the mail today. I took a tour of the new rink a few weeks ago and its marvelous. Got season tickets for the next three seasons.

Edited by gofish