• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hellsson

How about Mike Cammalleri?

Rate this topic

What does everybody think about trying to sign Mike Cammalleri? I think he's a talented guy with local ties and would proably give the wings a home town discount. With Hossa leaving it frees up some cap space that we could sign him & Hudler and then go get another D-Man as well.

Just a thought, don't kill me if this has already been brought up or if I'm way off base.

Edit: Cammalleri made 3.6 Million last year & after looking at is +/- I think I answered my own question, he has a -30 in 6 years of hockey.

Edited by hellsson

What does everybody think about trying to sign Mike Cammalleri? I think he's a talented guy with local ties and would proably give the wings a home town discount. With Hossa leaving it frees up some cap space that we could sign him & Hudler and then go get another D-Man as well.

Just a thought, don't kill me if this has already been brought up or if I'm way off base.

I would love to have him here. I wanted him 2 years ago at the trade deadline and i really wanted him during the offseason last year before he went to calgary. I guess it worked out though cause we got Hossa instead. So yeah i would love to have him here. Not sure what his salary looks like, and i dunno about the discount. i know he went to U of M and all but i dont know if he really has any motivation to play here or take the discount, but he would be a nice replacement for Hossa. Dont think we have the cap space to get him and keep Hudler and sign a Dman though. I havent looked it up, but reading other posts it doesnt sound like we have to much cap space, and everyone thinks that Hudler is ganna get a big offer somewhere so we are ganna be forced to overpay to keep him here.

I would take him in heart beat, just dont know if it would work out financially. It doesnt sound like we have money to make any big moves.