• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
anthonyn66

Steve Sullivan

Rate this topic

If he's "healthy" then I'd like to be on the record of saying I'd rather have Sullivan on the Wings instead of Hudler...That said Sullivan's wonky back scares the heck outta most GMs.

But he also qualifies for incentives. He might take a cheap one year deal to prove that hes still got what it takes, although I dont know about 1.5M cheap.

If the Wings traded Hudler for a cheap roster player and a pick, it would be awesome to have Sully.

But he also qualifies for incentives. He might take a cheap one year deal to prove that hes still got what it takes, although I dont know about 1.5M cheap.

If the Wings traded Hudler for a cheap roster player and a pick, it would be awesome to have Sully.

Just let Hudler walk at an offer sheet. Take the picks and move on.

Just let Hudler walk at an offer sheet. Take the picks and move on.

Have you see the compensation? Unless a team offers over 3.1M for Hudler, the Wings get a lousy 2nd rounder for him.

If the Wings are on Sullivan's radar, then the Wings should take Hudler to arbitration (which protects him from offer sheets) and then shop his rights in the process.

Have you see the compensation? Unless a team offers over 3.1M for Hudler, the Wings get a lousy 2nd rounder for him.

If the Wings are on Sullivan's radar, then the Wings should take Hudler to arbitration (which protects him from offer sheets) and then shop his rights in the process.

I'd take Sullivan... no idea if he wants to be a Wing.

Huds is a lost cause for us... we aren't going to pay him what he is worth on the open market and honestly, we could use a player with a little more grit and size. Huds would be a nice fit on any number of teams that are looking for some offense for their 2nd line.

Plus, a 2nd rounder to the Wings is pretty dang good. He could end up being a super star.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
would he sign on Detroit for 1.5 million? he would be a bargain

Sorry, with his injury history, no. And besides, anybody who stands next to Jiri Hudler and makes Jiri look like a "big guy", gets a ******* double, emphatic NO NO THANK YOU.

Seriously, we lose Hossa, 6 foot +, 220+ strong as an ox, we lose Kopecky (thank god) but still 6 foot +, 200+.

How much goddamned smaller are we trying to get? Do we get a handicap for being the smallest team in the league? Like, maybe there's a clause in the NHL rule book that says if your overall team height and weight average is sub 6 foot and sub 190 pounds, you automatically start each game with a goal. Is that what this is about?

Sorry, with his injury history, no. And besides, anybody who stands next to Jiri Hudler and makes Jiri look like a "big guy", gets a ******* double, emphatic NO NO THANK YOU.

Seriously, we lose Hossa, 6 foot +, 220+ strong as an ox, we lose Kopecky (thank god) but still 6 foot +, 200+.

How much goddamned smaller are we trying to get? Do we get a handicap for being the smallest team in the league? Like, maybe there's a clause in the NHL rule book that says if your overall team height and weight average is sub 6 foot and sub 190 pounds, you automatically start each game with a goal. Is that what this is about?

Yup. Small guys are useless. Just ask St. Louis. :rolleyes:

Besides, Sullivan plays bigger than Hossa ever did.

Like I said, Sully is only a good signing if we bring a Lappy/Neil in with him for size. Sullivan is a great player, and plays bigger then he is, and adding a guy like Lappy/Neil to the bottom size makes everyone play bigger.

Yeah, but that's what I expected, and I'm sure you did too.

I always simultaneously expect that everyone will take paycuts for Detroit, and that everyone will want more money than Detroit is willing to give. Its that heart-head thing.

I honestly didnt think he would make 3.75 though. I was expecting 3.2, which I think is what his salary was prior.