• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

OFFICIAL: 12y, $62.4m makes Hossa a 'Hawk

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline
Or he'll play great hockey, like he did against the Wings w/ the Pens. Maybe he's a Datsyuk - a great reg season guy who turns out to be hit-or-miss when it matters.

Hossa lost $ coming to Detroit, hoping to win a Cup. He (along with others) s*** the bed in the playoffs. Now he got his money. Good for him. I hope he picks it up again in future playoffs (but not against us) and salvages his rep.

I agree with most of this except that he's "got his money". He made more with the Wings this season and a long term deal would have probably been comparable to the Wings in a top-heavy salary. That being said he clearly thinks Chicago is the future, and for the next few seasons I can see why. Hope he does well and the Central should be well represented this year.

f*** we're going to be stuck with sammy for 10 years+ .. this is just horrible news!!! holland should have done something to keep hossa, especially now that he went to the hawks of all teams.. he's kicking himself big time for sure.

A lot of money is coming off the books in the next couple years; there will be more star wingers for the Wings to compete for in the future. Kenny's hands were tied by the cap this season, and trading multiple players to acquire one would have been counter productive.

I've got nothing against Hossa. He's well within his rights to sign anywhere he chooses.

hmm... hawks will be dangerous next season

i'm still bitter about his playoffs apperance but i wish him good luck in chicago anyway

wings - chicago rivalry will definately get a boost now! good.

Guest E_S_A_D

Congratulations Hossa, hopefully you contribute in the playoffs like you did with Detroit!

Also, Ken Holland worked some odd Magic last couple years, but handcuffed himself for 2009/10 imo with the cap.

That really grinds my gears that the cap hit is just over five million. I just don't see how he can accept 5 a year from the Hawks but not 4 a year from the Wings.

1 million x12 is 12 million.

The difference between CHI and DET is 12 million.

Can you blame him?

Guest mindfly

Hossa you tool

4M caphit from detroit versus 5.1caphit...oooo you soo need those 1.1million extra.. not

A lot of money is coming off the books in the next couple years; there will be more star wingers for the Wings to compete for in the future. Kenny's hands were tied by the cap this season, and trading multiple players to acquire one would have been counter productive.

I've got nothing against Hossa. He's well within his rights to sign anywhere he chooses.

Yeah Wings have quite a bit of contracts coming off next year so it'll be easier to adjust things next offseason.

f*** we're going to be stuck with sammy for 10 years+ .. this is just horrible news!!! holland should have done something to keep hossa, especially now that he went to the hawks of all teams.. he's kicking himself big time for sure.

What a ridiculous post, on so many levels.

Sammy isn't even re-signing let alone coming back for 10 years.

Ah, nuts.... Probably the 2nd to last team I'd want to see him go to (behind the Pens). Oh well.

Who, if anyone, replaces him?

The same was said when Shanny left... and we did OK.

That really grinds my gears that the cap hit is just over five million. I just don't see how he can accept 5 a year from the Hawks but not 4 a year from the Wings.

Cause its about the the benji's.... Wings offered him $22.4m under what the blackhawks offered him. (assuming wings was 4yr/40m

Pierre McGuire is a homo, saying the balance of power has shifted in the West. Blow me, Wings are still the favorite. Surprised that McGuire hasn't worked in a Crosby/Malkin reference. We all know his kneepads have 87 and 71 on them.

OK, Kenny, work your magic

Ha Pierre hurts my ears.... really Pierre, because i'm pretty sure if they retain sammi and hudler they will still contain pretty much the same lineup they won the cup with last year barring the defenseman who may be traded and drake. does it suck to see him go yeah does it hurt the wing's chances i don't think so. Byebye havlat probably and hossa may be an upgrade there but not enough to put chicago over the hump in my mind. Not only that the boys have the offseason to get healthy and hopefully homer can rebound after this season and come back to see ZDH aka one of, if not the best lines in the NHL. Still plenty of depth on the wings and now just more cap room to bring in another depth guy or an energy guy like drake was in the past. I think another energy type player is what the wings need the most though.

LOL - Dave Tallon is officially the worst GM in the NHL today.

Who's the biggest name in the free market??? Get him! 1 bajillion dollars!

This is not going to end well for them

:rolleyes:

Good luck Hoss - I don't know what about the WCFs told you that the Blackhawks were the team to go to.

Hey, I don't blame the guy. How many here would jump at making 20% more per year for the rest of their careers?

Just say it's about the money. Be honest. It's not about the Cup. It's about the money.

And I will respect you more.

I guess all that stuff about loving it here in Detroit and the organization was world class was just talk.

how about this....

f*** YOU MARIAN HOSSA

tisk tisk...i got a stern talking to when i said that after game 6 and 7!!!!!! LMAO