• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

OFFICIAL: 12y, $62.4m makes Hossa a 'Hawk

Rate this topic

Cause its about the the benji's.... Wings offered him $22.4m under what the blackhawks offered him. (assuming wings was 4yr/40m

...any word on whether there would be any issue with the deal considering he would be under contract until he is 42. I kind of though Detroit would only be offering him 10 years because they knew that the league would scream foul at 12.

Even though the Hawks will have some serious cap trouble beyond next year, the deal itself is pretty good I think.

I would have loved to have Hossa for $5M cap hit, if the Wings just had room for him. Imo he deserves something in between Z and Franzen, and this is exactly that.

The Hawks are following the Wings lead with a long-term deal that lowers the cap hit. Smart imo. They have to think they can do something about Huet and/or Campbell's contracts though.

Will be awful to see Hossa play against us a lot next year. But atleast I don't dislike the Hawks. And it will be sweet when we knock them out of the playoffs.

Who, if anyone, replaces him?

Nobody apparently, looks like we will have 1 great line an ok 2nd line a solid but streaky D core (if they actually play this coming season) and the Griffins.

Sammy and Huds are not depth enough to get us anywhere... as seen in the finals.

Hossa, Kane, Toews, Bolland, Byfuligen, Sharp... I think the Hawks looks pretty good for Central, Wings will compete but I would give them edge at the moment.

Thanks for your services Hossa. It was fun watching you! Wish you a strong career ahead of you, you are still one of my favorite players despite not staying in HockeyTown.

So much for all the BS about wanting to stay in Detroit. He is the new ***** of the NHL. . . just call him Money *****-sa

Wings are almost the same team that won the Cup in 2008 minus Drake. I'm sure Holland was prepared for this and he will show his hand soon. Still some good names out there.

Nobody apparently, looks like we will have 1 great line an ok 2nd line a solid but streaky D core (if they actually play this coming season) and the Griffins.

Sammy and Huds are not depth enough to get us anywhere... as seen in the finals.

It's a wonder they managed to dominate the league in 07-08 with such pitiful depth. :rolleyes:

he was a rental player.......... give it up to those who continued to complain and turn themselves into pens fans believing they were gonna keep him..........

sad really.

Seriously, please please please don't make us look like Pens fans. We were lucky to have Hossa for a year.

Yeah Wings have quite a bit of contracts coming off next year so it'll be easier to adjust things next offseason.

Plus, the cap is supposed to go down next year. The Wings will be ok, but I'm not sure what Chicago is thinking, long-term.

Well too long of a deal IMO, but this is Great for Chicago. They still need to address their biggest issue and that is their blue line. THey should have gotten Ohlund and they would be pretty solid. Additionally, if they would have landed a solid D man like Ohlund, they should get rid of Campbell and get a real Defensemen.

That is a potential SCC! Hawks 2011 or 12?

It was good while it lasted!

As George Malik said, Hossa took another $12 million over what the Wings were offering. When you're already being guaranteed $40 million, I have no sympathy for you going for more money.

Edited by Louisville

Haha - wow. $5 million a year huh?

Kinda wish we could have come up with $700K more, because I am sure he would have been willing to take $4.7-4.8 to stay here. I understand the money wasn't there, but man - so close.

Actually I am a little sick to my stomach right now.

This makes my stomach turn a little bit as I said numerous times during the Western semis that I wouldn't be shocked to see Chicago win a Cup in the next 5 years. They were a great team before that was only getting better and gaining a guy like Hossa is huge.

And again, Scotty Bowman...

Hossa left for the money, plain and simple. If he had an ounce of integrity, he would have stepped up, said he didn't produce in the Finals, and sign with Detroit to correct his weak play when it counted.