• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

OFFICIAL: 12y, $62.4m makes Hossa a 'Hawk

Rate this topic

not surprised about Hossa's decision.

he wants a chance to win, and money. he's got them.

Really? Huet can bring them a cup? I think not.

After next season the Hawks will be in Salary Cap HELL ....Good Luck Hossa..

12 year death sentence....At least Kopy is out in 2

Gotta say, this change really doesn't bother me in the slightest. Chicago's losing Havlat, and signing a bonafide playoff choker in Hossa.

Meanwhile, the Red Wings finally have an excuse to test out guys who should have been playing in the NHL years ago.

Well well... after 6 weeks of hearing how Pens fans should just chill about Hossa, we have our first "wow did Hossa screw us!" entry.

Welcome to our world.

"By his actions" he says something? How's that compared to ACTUALLY saying something, like Hossa did with his whole "best shop to win the Cup with Detroit" thing, on his way out the door with the Pens? Imagine if Hossa had said something like "well I'm off to Chicago, they've got the best shot to reach the finals next year." If you think you're cheesed off now, well... just imagine how your blood would be boiling.

Anyway, be happy -- Hossa signing with Chicago means they have no chance to win the Cup next year.

Marian Hossa -- he'll screw ya, and he'll leave ya. And won't even buy ya dinner.

What the f*** are you talking about? Everyone here knew that Hossa wasn't going to sign here; he was a one year rental. We all hoped that he was willing to accept Holland's 4 million over 10 year contract offer, but we knew it wasn't very probable.

We lost NOTHING for Hossa coming here. We gave up nothing for his one season being here and it was GREAT having him! Hossa took his best chance to win the cup here, and it was his best chance. Penguins got lucky they played cream puff teams and were healthy, nobody could predict that the Wings would get injured and banged up... just to fall short by one goal and assist to win it all again.

Detroit will be the best team in the NHL for the 12 for sure and probably longer (as we have the best duo players in the NHL in Zetterberg and Datsyuk - and a very promising prospects). Penguins will be lucky to make the ECF again in the next 20 years. Hossa knew this, which is why he decided to come to the championship team. Tough break Wings suffered from the hangover and a colossal of injuries. It happens.

We won without Hossa, we'll win many-many more without him.

Respect to Hossa. He's a great player and I'll be looking forward to watching him next year!

I am not getting emotional here. I think it is better Hossa just left. People forget one thing: Draper, Maltby, and Homer will not be that effective as we remeber as they were 7 or 8 years ago. We have to develop players who are young, Leino, Hudler, Filppula, Helm, etc.

Because Hossa was in this team, Babcock tried too many line combos which resulted no strength from the set lines. Besides, Filppula was on the 3rd liner in which means he does not get much of ice time. I personally want to see Hudler to stay here. His size can cause some problems but I think his puck handling is good enough to be the 2nd liner in this team.

For the Hawks, I think they have better chances than the last year but here is one thing I have no fear against the Hawks: no goaltending, no guaranteed D-man.

Khabbibulin left to the Oilers and Huet sucks for sure. Campbell was booed, Seabrook etc.. not very scary.

Other than that, the Wings D and Goaltendings should be ready for the next season. This regular season was the worst regular season I have ever watched the Wings to play

Hossa's take on it-

Marian Hossa saw the handwriting on the wall, with Red Wings' big salaries and tight cap space

by Ansar Khan

Wednesday July 01, 2009, 6:28 PM

Marian Hossa indicated he knew for some time he wouldn't be able to re-sign with the Red Wings due to their lack of salary-cap space.

He essentially said the Chicago Blackhawks made him an offer (12 years, $62.8 million) that he could not refuse.

"I had a great time in Detroit,'' Hossa said during a conference call today. "I was hoping we could get something done, but with today's economy and the salary cap it's hard (for a team) to sign all its star players.''

He added: "It was a great year. It didn't finish how I'd like, but now it's time to move on.''

He said he knew it would be tough for him to sign long-term with the Red Wings.

"If I sign, probably another five guys wouldn't be able to sign or someone would be traded,'' Hossa said. "That would be hard to deal with.''

He said of the Blackhawks: "It's an exciting team. They are big, strong, fast. I see a nice future in Chicago.''

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...writi.html#more

63.8 million for 12 years to a 30 year old guy? Okaaaaay.

Next year ought to be fun. I can't imagine them being able to keep Toews and Kane. They won't be able to pay them what other teams will be offering. Unless they think they can win a Cup in Chicago and take less to stay......buh-bye!

Wow!!! I just read about this!! This is pretty big news on the west side of Chicago. Should I be excited as a Hawks fan right now?

Hossa is a damn good player, but he just cost the Hawks their core future. And Kopecky is an absolute waste of roster space for his price. He is grossly overpaid for what he brings to the table.

Fine, him and Kopecky can still spoon on roadtrips when they get lonely. I hope Kronwall puts his shoulder through this guys skull at some point next season.

I am bitter that he was terrible ALL playoffs long - and then left. If he was a man he would have stayed in Detroit and got the cup he wanted so badly. These contract things are bulls***, how many millions of dollars do you need before it stops mattering, its not like he can spend it all anyways.

Loser. Thanks for 40 regular season goals and a piss poor playoff performance.

And to Kopy - hope your caved-in face is healing properly. Damn, I can't remember one good thing this kid did in his years.

My second favourite team just got me liking them more... Good luck in Chi-Town Hoss... We're going to miss ya. He is going to look sweet in a Hawk uni though.

This was on a Penguins Forum.... Thought I'd share.

"Real Men Of Genius - Here's to you Marian Hossa, Mr. Stanley Cup Chasing Underachiever. You snubbed your nose at the Penguins for a one year deal in Detroit to win the cup, only to lose to the Penguins in the finals. (I did not mean to do that!) Now you sign a 12 year deal with Chicago at a mere $5mil per year, in order to ride Chicago to the Stanley Cup (all aboard the hawks bandwagon!) ...only costing yourself roughly $45 million dollars in the process (oops, I could have used that money) ...Go Get 'em Tiger! Mr Stanley Cup Chasing Underachiever......"

The Red Wings are better off without him!!!

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

"Real Men Of Genius - Here's to you Marian Hossa, Mr. Stanley Cup Chasing Underachiever. You snubbed your nose at the Penguins for a one year deal in Detroit to win the cup, only to lose to the Penguins in the finals. (I did not mean to do that!) Now you sign a 12 year deal with Chicago at a mere $5mil per year, in order to ride Chicago to the Stanley Cup (all aboard the hawks bandwagon!) ...only costing yourself roughly $45 million dollars in the process (oops, I could have used that money) ...Go Get 'em Tiger! Mr Stanley Cup Chasing Underachiever......"

Im not mad at Hossa but that is damn funny.

For those that want a Hossa jersey they are probably being moved to the clearance rack at Hockeytown Authentics right now. :D

They've been there since Game 7... next to the Bertuzzi jersey's!!

After what Hossa went through in the finals in 08' with the Pens, you're posters think Hossa's an underachiever? He was Penguins best player! Malkin was the true definition of "underachiever"... oh how quickly we forget, huh?

Hossa has more character than Crosby and Malkin combined! I respect him and wish him the best. No hard feelings, after all, he did come to the better team to have his best chance. Nobody could predict the injuries would pile up against Detroit. It happens.

I do think the Wings are better off without him. I still am not sure how Chicago's going to make all of that work financially -- but it is more money than he'd be getting than he would be in Detroit, but Chicago's competitive enough that he'd still be happy. The whole thing does make sense to him, I'm just not sure how much sense it will make to Chicago.

I do think the Wings are better off without him. I still am not sure how Chicago's going to make all of that work financially -- but it is more money than he'd be getting than he would be in Detroit, but Chicago's competitive enough that he'd still be happy. The whole thing does make sense to him, I'm just not sure how much sense it will make to Chicago.

Unless Chicago knows something we don't know about a major CAP increase within the next year or two, then this Hossa signing is ruining Chicago's future.

To be honest, Chicago's off season moves hurt them more than it made them better.