• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Thanks for the Season Marian

Rate this topic

Why is Luongo so great? He's considered one of the best goalies in the league, yet how many series has he won? How many Vezina's? He's a good goalie, top 5, but not worth even half the hype.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Why is Luongo so great? He's considered one of the best goalies in the league, yet how many series has he won? How many Vezina's? He's a good goalie, top 5, but not worth even half the hype.

I partially agree, but look at the team's he has played for. IDK, i can just imagine him coming here for less then market value adn absoultly dominating.

Just wanted to make this post to prove how we are better then those whiney Pittsburgh losers who are still crying about Hossa leaving (you think the ref's giving them 2 games in the finals would be compensation <_< )

Anyways, I would just like to make this thread to show my appreciation to Hossa for the Season he was here. Was a blast to watch and I am thankfull for your sacrifice of a 81 million dollar contract.

To bad we coudlnt win it for you.

Anyone else feel this way?

:thumbup:

I agree with you 100%

Thanks on 40 goals - it was nice to have you around. Thanks for the sacrifice you took last season...

Eh I won't fault him for Vezina trophies. Brodeur and Roy didn't win many because of one guy who won almost all of them in his time.

What I will fault him for, is choking in the playoffs. We are really a team who holds goalies to a higher standard-the ability to win under playoff pressure. Ozzie and Hasek did it. But those types are so rare.

He has a 5.2 million cap hip. It's not some huge contract. It's in between Franzen's number and Z's number. A perfect number.

Unless you mean the price in a trade, which is completely true.

5.2 isn't just a number when we're talking about specific players. 5.2 is a great deal for some guys, not for others.

Detroit would never want Hossa back at 5.2 after that performance. That's what I meant. 10 years wouldnt' phase Holland if he'd produced.

5.2 isn't just a number when we're talking about specific players. 5.2 is a great deal for some guys, not for others.

Detroit would never want Hossa back at 5.2 after that performance. That's what I meant. 10 years wouldnt' phase Holland if he'd produced.

Holland isn't as naive as you. Hossa is a 40 goal scorer. 5.2 million for a 40 goal scorer is a bargain. 6 million is a bargain.

Holland isn't as naive as you. Hossa is a 40 goal scorer. 5.2 million for a 40 goal scorer is a bargain. 6 million is a bargain.

Yeah. Naive. Or mathematically sound. It was another way of saying we couldn't afford him.

And if you don't think this seasons playoff performance is enough to force Holland to seek other players for 5.2 mil instead of Hoss you`re the naive one.

Watching him play as a Wing during the regular season was awesome, but not so much in the playoffs. I hope his Stanley Cup jinx carries on with the Hawks. Hossa, he is a pretty easy person to hate. I wouldn't have minded so much if he would have signed with a team out side of our division.

Thanks for nothing. This season will go down as one of the ultimate "Fails" in NHL history. The definition of a player phoning it in. Any winger in the league, making more than $5 million can score 40 goals on a line with Datsyuk. Probably score more than 70 points too.

Thanks for nothing. This season will go down as one of the ultimate "Fails" in NHL history. The definition of a player phoning it in. Any winger in the league, making more than $5 million can score 40 goals on a line with Datsyuk. Probably score more than 70 points too.

He choked, but to say that he phoned it in or didn't try is incredibly asinine.

He choked, but to say that he phoned it in or didn't try is incredibly asinine.

No.. its just simply the case.

If Hossa was snake bitten, ala Datsyuk, he could have atleast took the body to players like Malkin and Crosby. Instead, he floated around waiting for passes and shooting the second he got the puck.

Take it for what it is, people seem to hate Fedorov for leaving, well I hate Hossa because I honestly thing he cost the Wings a second cup.

The team had more chemistry and was better off before he came into the lineup. The addition of an "All star" player, caused this team to slack all season and get by on talent alone for most of the season.

Its not necessary to be so sentimental, Hossa was a massive disappointment and was supposed to take us from "A good chance to repeat" to "A sure thing".

If he wants my respect, he should return his salary like Hasek did in 2004.

Kopckey not being signed here probably had a major impact on Hossa's decision ... more then we probably think.

Yeah, when I heard that Kopecky was heading to free agency I knew that there was no chance of keeping Hossa.

If Hossa was snake bitten, ala Datsyuk, he could have atleast took the body to players like Malkin and Crosby. Instead, he floated around waiting for passes and shooting the second he got the puck.

Take it for what it is, people seem to hate Fedorov for leaving, well I hate Hossa because I honestly thing he cost the Wings a second cup.

The team had more chemistry and was better off before he came into the lineup. The addition of an "All star" player, caused this team to slack all season and get by on talent alone for most of the season.

Its not necessary to be so sentimental, Hossa was a massive disappointment and was supposed to take us from "A good chance to repeat" to "A sure thing".

No, you are just asinine about this.

To say that people just don't give a damn or don't try out there is just stupid.

I hate that Hossa didn't produce overall but to say that he didn't try or didn't give a damn out there is a joke.

I think the fact that the Wings didn't play very well in games 6 and 7 was the reason that the Wings didn't repeat. Hockey is a team sport, you win as a team and you lose as a team.

Some players try differently. Taking the body doesn`t put pucks in the net, or at least, he might`ve thought that way.

Whether he accomplished what he was trying to do doesn`t matter in this debate, it`s whether or not he was trying his best. I think he was, it`s just to some people, their definition of trying may differ from Marian`s. He to me, looked like a guy playing like he thought he had to do it all on his own. He was thinking too much and in sports once you think, it`s game over.

I think the fact that the Wings didn't play very well in games 6 and 7 was the reason that the Wings didn't repeat. Hockey is a team sport, you win as a team and you lose as a team.

Zetterberg and Lidstrom were shutting down Crosby

Datsyuk was injured but still throwing his weight around and playing great D.

What was Hossa doing? He wasn't even showing as much effort as Darren Helm.

I hear nothing but excuses, Hossa has all world talent and CAN pass the puck but refused to do so. Hes as big as Franzen and has shown his ability to hit. He may have been the fastest skater on the team.

Theres more to a $7 million dollar players game besides shooting the puck.

Hossa never came close to "Giving it all".

Zetterberg and Lidstrom were shutting down Crosby

Datsyuk was injured but still throwing his weight around and playing great D.

What was Hossa doing? He wasn't even showing as much effort as Darren Helm.

I hear nothing but excuses, Hossa has all world talent and CAN pass the puck but refused to do so. Hes as big as Franzen and has shown his ability to hit. He may have been the fastest skater on the team.

Theres more to a $7 million dollar players game besides shooting the puck.

Hossa never came close to "Giving it all".

I don`t even think you really know why you`re blaming him. It`s just to you, it appeared that he wasn`t trying. Maybe you`re not fit to judge who is and isn`t putting forth effort. He was skating his ass off, backchecking, playing D and trying to ass off to make plays. I think he was trying but it`s a matter of his decision making. Maybe he just wasn`t the type of player under pressure that guys like Hank, Pav or Lids are. Then it`s not a matter of trying at all.

Then again there`s always someone placing unnecessary blame on someone or another on this board.

Edited by numberthirtynine