• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Thanks for the Season Marian

Rate this topic

I don`t even think you really know why you`re blaming him. It`s just to you, it appeared that he wasn`t trying. Maybe you`re not fit to judge who is and isn`t putting forth effort. He was skating his ass off, backchecking, playing D and trying to ass off to make plays. I think he was trying but it`s a matter of his decision making. Maybe he just wasn`t the type of player under pressure that guys like Hank, Pav or Lids are. Then it`s not a matter of trying at all.

Then again there`s always someone placing unnecessary blame on someone or another on this board.

Hossa would be "The guy" on any other team in the league besides Pittsburgh and Washington.

If he put fourth similar effort and numbers as "The guy" on a team like Vancouver, he would be burnt at the stake.

There are certain players who give 100% every night, Marian Hossa isn't that guy. Helm, Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Lidstrom are.

When you're making $7.5 milliion a season, the list of excuses is pretty short. Datsyuk and Lidstrom were injured, Helm was playing in the AHL two months ago and Zetterberg was healthy and our best forward.

What was Hossa's excuse?

If Datsyuk, uninjured, went through four rounds of the playoffs and finished with a handful of goals and points, the "Trade Datsyuk" threads would be in full effect. Zetterberg would probably get the benefit of the doubt.

Just wanted to make this post to prove how we are better then those whiney Pittsburgh losers who are still crying about Hossa leaving (you think the ref's giving them 2 games in the finals would be compensation <_< )

Anyways, I would just like to make this thread to show my appreciation to Hossa for the Season he was here. Was a blast to watch and I am thankfull for your sacrifice of a 81 million dollar contract.

To bad we coudlnt win it for you.

Anyone else feel this way?

true.

Hossa would be "The guy" on any other team in the league besides Pittsburgh and Washington.

If he put fourth similar effort and numbers as "The guy" on a team like Vancouver, he would be burnt at the stake.

There are certain players who give 100% every night, Marian Hossa isn't that guy. Helm, Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Lidstrom are.

Such an armchair expert. How about addressing what I said instead of repeating the same point. He looked to alot of people like he was trying. Perhaps your definition of trying differs from his.

Or explain why you think he wasn`t trying. He backchecked. Was that not enough. He played D. He broke up alot of opponents offensive zone plays. Were those things not good enough.

He didn`t score. We get it. But people like you are textbook overreactors who go too far. Did he choke, yeah. Was he not trying-that`s just stupid.

Such an armchair expert. How about addressing what I said instead of repeating the same point. He looked to alot of people like he was trying. Perhaps your definition of trying differs from his.

Or explain why you think he wasn`t trying. He backchecked. Was that not enough. He played D. He broke up alot of opponents offensive zone plays. Were those things not good enough.

He didn`t score. We get it. But people like you are textbook overreactors who go too far. Did he choke, yeah. Was he not trying-that`s just stupid.

I compared his play to that of:

Helm

Datsyuk

Zetterberg

Lidstrom

He is paid more than every player on that list, except Lidstrom, who made the same salary as Marian.

You're the one making excuses for an all star not producing... not I. And really, this team didn't need another forward playing D and backchecking. The team has plenty of "Two way" guys with limited offensive potential. On the other hand, we only had one bonefied 50 goal guy and he decided not to show up.

Thanks for season... no thanks for the playoffs... and may you have many many many (12 years to be exact) of Stanley Cup shortcomings!

I compared his play to that of:

Helm

Datsyuk

Zetterberg

Lidstrom

And he was giving more effort than.....everyone else. And `compare to the play of` is so vague. You`re still not defining anything.

You're the one making excuses for an all star not producing

Yeah keep playing the excuses card. I`m the one with substantial replies, you`re just being a child. With people like you you`re either playing with enough energy to power a country, or you`re absolutely horrible. You`re truly a testament to how our generation really lacks perspective in shades of grey.

... not I. And really, this team didn't need another forward playing D and backchecking. The team has plenty of "Two way" guys with limited offensive potential. .

This is so stupid. Yeah, we don`t need a bonified 50 goal guy who can play defense. People like you just don`t know the game unless the game is taking 40 shots in the opponents zone.

And he was giving more effort than.....everyone else. And `compare to the play of` is so vague. You`re still not defining anything.

Yeah keep playing the excuses card. I`m the one with substantial replies, you`re just being a child. With people like you you`re either playing with enough energy to power a country, or you`re absolutely horrible. You`re truly a testament to how our generation really lacks perspective in shades of grey.

This is so stupid. Yeah, we don`t need a bonified 50 goal guy who can play defense. People like you just don`t know the game unless the game is taking 40 shots in the opponents zone.

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take...

Again, I'm not sure where all the animosity is coming from. It's not like it was a major snub.

Anyway, Marian made a really unprecedented move for a player of his caliber. And when the Hawks tank again, he's always welcome back

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take...

Exactly. And without our forwards playing D the other team takes alot more than 40 shots. And Hossa broke up alot of key opponent plays. His defensive game is so ignored by some people. To say he wasn't trying is, to quote another poster, asinine and stupid.

Besides, cliches? What are we, the NFL?

Edited by numberthirtynine

I need a new sig. :(

I really can't blame him, Chicago was a good choice for him. Best of luck to Hossa, except against us. If the crowd and the Joe boos at Hossa I'll be sick.

Exactly how I feel. I never thought he would stay, at times he seemed like a ghost, and not I'm not referring to the playoffs, he just seemed....I don't know..........not really there, like he was just stopping by while on his way to somewhere else. Anyway, I will be sick too if the crowd boos him. If that happens, all our talk of being educated, knowledgeable, mature, been there done that hockey fans goes out the window, and we reduce ourselves to Pittsburg levels. How can they boo someone who was A) only on their team due to a trade, and B) only there for one season.

Please, I beg of you........no booing :(

Edited by MC5Rock

Exactly how I feel. I never thought he would stay, at times he seemed like a ghost, and not I'm not referring to the playoffs, he just seemed....I don't know..........not really there. Anyway, I will be sick too if the crowd boos him. If that happens, all our talk of being educated, knowledgeable, mature, been there done that hockey fans goes out the window, and we reduce ourselves to Pittsburg levels. How can they boo someone who was A) only on their team due to a trade, and B) only there for one season.

Please, I beg of you........no booing :(

If they booed Fedorov, they should boo Hossa.

Just wanted to make this post to prove how we are better then those whiney Pittsburgh losers who are still crying about Hossa leaving (you think the ref's giving them 2 games in the finals would be compensation <_< )

Anyways, I would just like to make this thread to show my appreciation to Hossa for the Season he was here. Was a blast to watch and I am thankfull for your sacrifice of a 81 million dollar contract.

To bad we coudlnt win it for you.

Anyone else feel this way?

I'd change that to "Too bad we couldn't win it 'with' you."

I do feel bad for the guy to be in the same situation. In the reality that was July 2008 the Wings were the only team with a shot at getting back to the Final. Pittsburgh with Therrien as coach would not have made it and there was no way Hossa could have predicted the mid-season coaching change.

I'll miss him, and it'll suck to have to see him at least six times in a 'Hawks jersey. No ill will for his leaving, but he is an opponent now. He was great to watch in the Red and White.

Zetterberg and Lidstrom were shutting down Crosby

Datsyuk was injured but still throwing his weight around and playing great D.

What was Hossa doing? He wasn't even showing as much effort as Darren Helm.

I hear nothing but excuses, Hossa has all world talent and CAN pass the puck but refused to do so. Hes as big as Franzen and has shown his ability to hit. He may have been the fastest skater on the team.

Theres more to a $7 million dollar players game besides shooting the puck.

Hossa never came close to "Giving it all".

How do you know this? Are you able to read the thoughts of Hossa? You can tell what's going on in his mind?

Exactly. And without our forwards playing D the other team takes alot more than 40 shots. And Hossa broke up alot of key opponent plays. His defensive game is so ignored by some people. To say he wasn't trying is, to quote another poster, asinine and stupid.

Besides, cliches? What are we, the NFL?

it is ignored because we needed goals at the end... our boys could contain them (we did last year too) we needed Hossa to do exactly what we rented him for and what he did all season long.... score goals.

Ok, we've had enough "Thanks You Marian" threads the past couple of days, enuff is enuff. He is the mortal enemy now, a blackhawk. Cripes! We've had more threads thanking Hossa than we've had thanking Chelios, whom was much more important to this team...

Are you on crack?

Are you on crack?

over the course of Chelios' time on this team as opposed to Hossa's i think he is dead on.... Chelios meant more to this team over the course of his LONG stay here in motown

over the course of Chelios' time on this team as opposed to Hossa's i think he is dead on.... Chelios meant more to this team over the course of his LONG stay here in motown

Good point.

People criticize some of us for not praising Hossa, but then talk about how useless Chelios was for us, which is not true at all.

Hossa... good luck except against the Wings. :) It was fun watching you during the regular season. Hope you and Koko have fun in Chicago!

I have many good memories of you in a Winged Wheel. Thank you for the good ones. I'm going to try and blot out the not-so-good ones with some liquor. ;)

grouphuggame1scf2009.jpg

Thank you Hossa! You will be missed by me. Everyone else who is whining like the people from Pittsburgh when they lost you really have no idea how hockey works. Poor poor people who think there still isn't a cap in the NHL. its sad really :no:

Thanks for bombing in the playoffs...Part of coming to Detroit to "win a cup" meant you had to contribute as well. Enjoy Chicago ya loser.

Datsyuk 16 games played 1 goal 8 assists 9 points

Hossa 23 games played 6 goals 9 assists 15 points

Datsyuk had 52 shots on goal with a 1.9%

Hossa had a 100 shots on goal with a 6.0%

Looks like if Datsyuk played as many games as Hossa he would have still not done as good this year in the playoffs. Let the Datsyul Hate begin...... oh wait most people on here are to stupid to look at the big picture. Figure out what you're talking about before you start crying because Hossa left for a team that had enough money for him.

Edited by JayUp88

If they booed Fedorov, they should boo Hossa.

Federov was a part of our team for an extended period of time. Loyalty comes into play when a player has been a part of the team and won multiple cups with the team. Hossa was here one year. Yeah, he's a great player and we'd love to have him back but his decision should be respected.

Federov was a part of our team for an extended period of time. Loyalty comes into play when a player has been a part of the team and won multiple cups with the team. Hossa was here one year. Yeah, he's a great player and we'd love to have him back but his decision should be respected.

I agree. Screw you Hossa, don't let the door hit you on the way out. I had no expectations of him re-signing with us until he and his agent started with what turned out to be the the nonsense about he'll be here and the cap won't stop him. Not that I counted on anything until something was signed, but obviously Kenny delivered and was willing to go into a big cap bind to keep him and Hossa walked away based on information he had when he and his agent were saying that drivel.

But there is NO basis of comparison to Federov and I won't hold a grudge for any of this against Hossa and I would never be like the Pittsburgh ***** fans who keep booing him when he's on the ice or touches the puck. I just say screw you for the crap you chose to pull, good bye and good riddance. All he needed to do was just said we'll see what happens after the season and not say he'll stay despite the cap when he left because of the cap.