• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingslionstigers

Wings will be a better team in 09/10

Rate this topic

there's no way the wings are going to be better unless they make a significant trade. lidstrom is one of the all time great defenseman but he's old now. he is basically the centerpiece for your franchise. as he goes, so do the wings. osgood is not an elite goaltender and could play like he did in the regular season this past year. most importantly, i'm not sure the wings will be able to handle the mental aspect of losing to an "inferior" team.

Lidstrom might be the centerpiece of our organization as our captain but he is by no means the only thing holding the franchise together. A future of Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Franzen looks pretty promising to me. Osgood is as good as he needs to be with the team we have in front of him. The great thing about the Wings is that we dont need an elite goaltender on our team. Look at New Jersey and Vancouver. They apparently have the greatest goalies ever (according to all the sports sites and news articles), but has that helped them the past few years? Not really.

Edited by skyphoenix

there's no way the wings are going to be better unless they make a significant trade. lidstrom is one of the all time great defenseman but he's old now. he is basically the centerpiece for your franchise. as he goes, so do the wings. osgood is not an elite goaltender and could play like he did in the regular season this past year. most importantly, i'm not sure the wings will be able to handle the mental aspect of losing to an "inferior" team.

:taunt::wacko:

But he's Old Now? Uh, Lidstrom is still the greatest. The centerpiece of our franchise? So what are Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Franzen/Rafalski/Kronwall? Lazy Susan's to Nick centerpiece? Dude is Lidstrom is "Old Now" Scottie Neiderpu$$y is ancient, at least he plays that way compared to Nick. (and what about Selanne? 39 just like Nick, is he "Old Now?" Probably not.) Neither Selanka or Neiderpunka$$ could hold Lidstroms toilet paper, they'd be priviledged to drink Nicks bath water. I think 6 out the last 8 Norris Trophies have proven who the best Defensman is modern times is. No, it's not Pronger ( oh wait you guys hate that cheapshot artist now, funny how that works, do yo ustill subscribe to his theory of genetics or do you finally admit the hit on Holmstrom was dirty?) anyway, it's not Neiderpupin, it's not Bos***man either. Nick Lidstrom sets the standard in the NHL of a true two way defensman. The way he plays, so smooth and effortless he could play until he is 50. I can think of 29 other teams that right now would give Lidstrom top dollar AND their left nuts to have him on thier team (and if you can't add, that includes your team as well.) Now, go back home and just watgch your little Neddy Neiderpiper play again for another year. He'll take cheapshots and elboews and liberties on everyone and pick on smaller European forwards and you guys will just love him to death, yes you will, MMm MMM Mmmmm MMMMUH! Pinch his little cheeks, look at him, he's so naughty, he's a naughty little boy, he's dirty, you dirty little Neiderhosen you... Naughty...

Dude, spare us with the Old Wings we avergage 30.15 and you 28.03. Wow two years and some change! And if I factored in Abdelkader and Oulehan, it would lower even more, so the Old Wings are no more. Seasoned Veterens, I will agree. Besides I can bet my house that Lidstrom has NEVER, EVER thrown a cheap elbow like Neideeymeijer does, in his career, and probably never will... Go Home,

Edited by LeftWinger

But he's Old Now? Uh, Lidstrom is still the greatest. The centerpiece of our franchise? So what are Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Franzen/Rafalski/Kronwall? Lazy Susan's to Nick centerpiece? Dude is Lidstrom is "Old Now" Scottie Neiderpu$$y is ancient, at least he plays that way compared to Nick. (and what about Selanne? 39 just like Nick, is he "Old Now?" Probably not.) Neither Selanka or Neiderpunka$$ could hold Lidstroms toilet paper, they'd be priviledged to drink Nicks bath water. I think 6 out the last 8 Norris Trophies have proven who the best Defensman is modern times is. No, it's not Pronger ( oh wait you guys hate that cheapshot artist now, funny how that works, do yo ustill subscribe to his theory of genetics or do you finally admit the hit on Holmstrom was dirty?) anyway, it's not Neiderpupin, it's not Bos***man either. Nick Lidstrom sets the standard in the NHL of a true two way defensman. The way he plays, so smooth and effortless he could play until he is 50. I can think of 29 other teams that right now would give Lidstrom top dollar AND their left nuts to have him on thier team (and if you can't add, that includes your team as well.) Now, go back home and just watgch your little Neddy Neiderpiper play again for another year. He'll take cheapshots and elboews and liberties on everyone and pick on smaller European forwards and you guys will just love him to death, yes you will, MMm MMM Mmmmm MMMMUH! Pinch his little cheeks, look at him, he's so naughty, he's a naughty little boy, he's dirty, you dirty little Neiderhosen you... Naughty...

Dude, spare us with the Old Wings we avergage 30.15 and you 28.03. Wow two years and some change! And if I factored in Abdelkader and Oulehan, it would lower even more, so the Old Wings are no more. Seasoned Veterens, I will agree. Besides I can bet my house that Lidstrom has NEVER, EVER thrown a cheap elbow like Neideeymeijer does, in his career, and probably never will... Go Home,

:rotflmao:

Your my Hero by far.

Hahahahhahah

Next year we will have a better team than last season. Stop dwelling on Hossa and whatever else and read my post.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Cleary

Hudler - Filppula - Franzen

Abdelkader - Helm - Leino

Holmstrom - Draper - FA

1st line: With the departure of Hossa i think its safe to say Z and D will be reunited for good. Lets put things into perspective shall we? Flip WILL be playing on the 2nd line. So we no longer need to break Z/D apart to pivet the second line and Helm will be centering the 3rd line.. It only makes sense. So i give line 1 a +1 going into next season.

2nd line: In the end i think you will see Hudler in a Wings uniform next season. Could be wrong but if im right.. Now that we are done tossing around the entire team trying to find line mates that gel with Hossa we can settle in and get back into rhythm. Flip played with under skilled players all season long and he didn't perform. Look what happened when he got to play with talent during the playoff run. I'm thinking Flip and Franzen both have season highs coming. Flip is no slouch, we have a VERY strong 2nd line. Defensively its just as strong as last season. The offense will only take a minor hit. In the end i believe this line will be just as solid as last seasons line 1b. I give this line an =

3rd line: Although we loose Flip which is not a good thing for line 3. Don't worry this line is redefined. Its no longer the "remaining depth line." This line will have a defined purpose; fast, physical, and energy. This is what our team needs. All 3 of these players are young on the same page and want to prove themselves. This line will have the mind set "we want to contribute, we want to be a part of this team lets show these guys what we got." Loosing Sammy is a great thing. He fit no role on any one of our lines. He was just depth we could afford to have which isn't always a good thing. After a full season under this lines belt I give this line a +2 over last seasons line 3 come playoffs.

4th line: I read something about Holland looking for a grinder. I really hope thats what happens. The only thing we can say about this line is that it can't get any worse. Lets just pray we get the guy we are looking for...

Guys we are in real good shape going into next season. That said if things pan out and we get to keep Hudler. I'm a strong believer that we had way to much talent for our own good last year. We had depth that didn't have a purpose. We had 2nd line guys playing 3rd line roles. Our entire team was a 2 line show which isn't good for the guys left out spirits.

Going into next season we have 2 fantastic scoring lines that can play 2 way hockey. We have a fast energetic 3rd line wanting to prove themselves, wanting to be apart and contribute to this team. Punishing opponents bodies. Our defense is fantastic and Ericsson will only be that much better come playoffs. We have a young goalie wanting to desperately prove himself. Whats not to like about the feel of this team? Everything's in order and everybody has a role.

Comment

Holland has already said that Abby will go back to Grand Rapids next year, so somebody else is going to need to fill his spot on the 3rd line.

He never said that the Ducks weren't old. All he wanted to do was criticize the Wings so that he could feel better about his own crappy team.

true, but you know as well as we all do, that is everyones first excuse. The Wings? They're old! They won't be able to lift the Cup with their canes and walkers! Ironic that the Wings are now getting younger each day (and still getting over 100 points and challenging for the Cup) as all the Young teams are getting older! Plus I just love making fun of little Neddy Neiderpuken... that saucy, naught little devil... bad neddy....bad...

No one knows the future. Before 06-07 season, everyone said the Wings would be horrible but they even played better than the team between 03-06. Here is my thought and I am being honest, but the Wings will be worse.

1) Osgood and Howard

He was great in the playoff but I am not confident in him at all. I still remember his crappy regular season performance. Surely, I think he will play better than he did last season but he still scares me. I think Howard can be a good goalie but he will be criticized a lot next season. I don't see he can do that well, he needs time

2) Rookie

As Hossa and Sammy are gone, our depth surely went down. Leino and Helm will surely come up but they have zero experience factor.

3) Defense

This year, the Wings' defense was crap. I mean, we could not win the game unless the offenses put up somewhat five or six goals. I don't know how the Wings defense turned around in the playoff but as they are getting older, we might need change. That is Ericsson but it will be his first full regular season.

I am not confiden at all for the next season. The Wings will be lucky if they can defend the division title well. The Hawks are younger, which means better for such a long regular season even though their goaltending is week. I don't expect much for the next season. We need one season or two seasons for the rookies to develop their skills in the NHL. I just hope the Wings can finish with 50 wins or top 3.

He never said that the Ducks weren't old. All he wanted to do was criticize the Wings so that he could feel better about his own crappy team.

our future is looking a little bit brighter than yours right now. once lidstrom goes, the team will go. you will never replace him. it will be 30 years before you get another guy like that. we have a lot of young promising defenseman and some good young forwards. don't forget hiller is only going to get better.

your making my argument for me. lidstrom is great and he is irreplaceable. once he goes, the team will go too. i'm sorry but it will take 2-3 players to replace him and the wings right now don't have that. you have no near future after osgood leaves (also old).mccollum is ok and won't even be available for another 3 years.

our future is looking a little bit brighter than yours right now. once lidstrom goes, the team will go. you will never replace him. it will be 30 years before you get another guy like that. we have a lot of young promising defenseman and some good young forwards. don't forget hiller is only going to get better.

Everyone said the same thing when Yzerman and Shanahan left. As much as it hurt emotionally, the Wings got around it. Just like then, they'll get around it.

your making my argument for me. lidstrom is great and he is irreplaceable. once he goes, the team will go too. i'm sorry but it will take 2-3 players to replace him and the wings right now don't have that. you have no near future after osgood leaves (also old).mccollum is ok and won't even be available for another 3 years. and no, niedermayer doesn't have the same stats and norris trophys that lidstrom has but that's because nick played on some great red wings teams that were offensive juggernauts. niedermayer played on defensive minded clubs that beat you on good defense. bottom line is niedermayer is a better skater and would score just as many points and win just as many norris trophys if you put him on detroit.

No they won't replace Lidstrom but good thing they're getting a couple of legit goaltending prospects. Plus, Lidstrom wasn't a player that had the "franchise" label on him from the beginning. He developed into one. He's still here for now and probably 2 more years, which is enough time for someone to develop into that label.

No they won't replace Lidstrom but good thing they're getting a couple of legit goaltending prospects. Plus, Lidstrom wasn't a player that had the "franchise" label on him from the beginning. He developed into one. He's still here for now and probably 2 more years, which is enough time for someone to develop into that label.

who? that bonehad jonathan erikson? lol.

the truth is that other than lidstrom the wings have a lot of very good players but no franchise types. that includes datsuk and zetterberg - both very good but not elite. there is no one the wings have in their system that you can put that franchise label on.

who? that bonehad jonathan erikson? lol.

the truth is that other than lidstrom the wings have a lot of very good players but no franchise types. that includes datsuk and zetterberg - both very good but not elite. there is no one the wings have in their system that you can put that franchise label on.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg aren't elite? Being a hart finalist, winning a Selke Trophy while being top 3 in points scored, thats not elite?

Zetterberg completely shutting down the "best" forward in the game, winning a conn smythe, and putting up tons of points while still playing lights out defense isn't elite?

I'll say it right here. If you don't think Zetterberg and Datsyuk are elite players, you don't know anything about hockey and should jump off your nearest 30 story building.

I hope you can see this, because I'm facepalming as hard as I can.

That's what made me stop. I thought I was having an intelligent discussion but he's just looking to bash the wings. Nothing new though.

That's definitely on my list of some of the dumbest things opposing fans have said. Almost up there with that one Pens fan who cried that the Pens lost game 2 because the opposing home team supplies the sticks and equipment and obviously the Wings tampered with the Pens equipment.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg aren't elite? Being a hart finalist, winning a Selke Trophy while being top 3 in points scored, thats not elite?

Zetterberg completely shutting down the "best" forward in the game, winning a conn smythe, and putting up tons of points while still playing lights out defense isn't elite?

I'll say it right here. If you don't think Zetterberg and Datsyuk are elite players, you don't know anything about hockey and should jump off your nearest 30 story building.

the world doesn't center around the detroit red wings. just because i don't consider that a few of your best players are elite does not mean i don't know anything about hockey.

elite = crosby, malking, ovechkin, lidstrom, niedermayer, pronger, broduer.

zetterberg and datkuk simply are not of this level.

Edited by scottyniedermayer

the world doesn't center around the detroit red wings. just because i don't consider that a few of your best players are elite does not mean i don't know anything about hockey.

zetterberg and datkuk simply are not of this level.

No, you're completely wrong and know nothing about Hockey. You're also rude and stupid to boot.

Just because you don't consider yourself as a carbon based oxygen breathing mammal doesn't make it true. You don't do what Hank and Pavel do year after year without being "elite". Let me put it this way, and I'll break it down real simple for you to understand.

Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk are more elite then Scott Niedermayer.

Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk are more elite then Chris Pronger.

Henrik Zetterberg is a much more complete player then Sidney Crosby.

You should feel bad for having the opinions you do.

Edited by Zack is Great

Niedermayer isn't even one of the top 5 Dmen in the NHL, behind guys like Lidstrom, Chara, Pronger, Keith, and Markov.

Datsyuk has finished within top 5 in scoring the last two seasons and won the Selke in both of them. Zetterberg has scored more playoff goals than any other player since the lockout; he's won the Conn Smythe and shut down so-called elite Sidney Crosby for the better part of 13 head to head playoff games.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg aren't elite?

His idea of elite involves players who've been hyped up since they were 14, Lindros, Crosby, etc. No, he didn't actually say that, but if you don't consider Pav and Z elite then that's probably how he thinks.

The funny part is that Zetterberg actually came to Detroit with a ton of hype from Sweden and finished runner up to the Calder trophy, just like Yzerman and Lidstrom. Sure, Z may not be top-10 in scoring. However, when Stevie finally shed his old run and gun style that really racked up the points and chose to become the elite two-way player that set the example of how every Wings forward is supposed to play (which I think he completed in 98 or 99) and you look at his point totals the next set of years after, they're in the 60s and 70s and on average probably comparable to Z's stats when he began his prime. Zetterberg is everything the Red Wings look for in a franchise player today.

Now if he were drafted to a crappy team would he be able to save that franchise? No one will ever know. But if you're a Wings fan, who the hell cares? He's a Wing. He's everything the Wings organization wants in a franchise player. And it's not hard for hockey fans in general to understand that unless they're caught up in the lame images by the NHL.