• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Ok, Jiri Hudler

Rate this topic

Who the f*** cares if they are more useful at even strength? The point is Hudler puts up points at even strength AND on the powerplay. Its not like we have to pick between one of Cleary, Filppula, and Hudler. We're choosing between Hudler or guys who can't even score in the double digits.

At any rate, you and GMR shouldn't even be in this discussion, because your bias against small, skilled players doesn't allow you to think clearly. Its like arguing about same-sex marriage with a Christian conservative.

:o

I beg your pardon. What bias are you talking about? Everyone here knows I'm always open about us signing more players of Hudler's size and style. I've never been so insulted before in my life.

Only because Igor had such grit and was able to protect our star players.

Good one. Just admit that his comparison sucked instead of changing the topic.

I didnt' care less whether Larionov fought or played gritty. We had enough balance on our team to offset skill with grit. And once again, Hudler isn't in his league.

Edited by GMRwings1983

People are getting way too angry in this thread.

This is the irony of LGW. We get excited about the prospect of Colton Orr, while other teams roll their eyes, and we have it out for a 55 point forward because, well, hes small :rolleyes: while other teams - and this is coming directly from the mouth of a Sharks fan - would be willing to trade Clowe's rights for Hudler's straight up.

:hehe: There ain't no other place like it in the hockey world.

lol do you ever make any threads that make sence?

Yeah, like who's is gonna chicken out and NOT watch game 7? And while we're trying to be funny, but failing miseraby, it's "senSe"

I see tons of ant-hudler folks on here, so I guess this debate makes senSe to them... go back to booing Fedorov and calling yourself a Wings fan and then NOT watching them in the Stanley Cup Finals Game 7... Oh, and if Hudler asks for more than 50% of what he is worth (like Hossa did) the he is also a Chump... Sacrifice in Detroit, you want the money, leave, which is what Hossa did, you wanna win, sacrifice for the team...

This is the irony of LGW. We get excited about the prospect of Colton Orr, while other teams roll their eyes, and we have it out for a 55 point forward because, well, hes small :rolleyes: while other teams - and this is coming directly from the mouth of a Sharks fan - would be willing to trade Clowe's rights for Hudler's straight up.

Still, that's no excuse for some of the stuff that is going on in here. Some of the stuff is bordering on breaking forum rules. We can debate, but let's try to keep it respectful.

Edited by The Big Red Machine

I'd rather see Holland keep the $$$ for the trade deadline, and take the pick if Hudler signs elsewhere.

I'll partake in any discussion that I choose to - thank you very much.

Who said the two had to be mutually exclusive? I'd rather sign Hudler - assuming its a number we can afford - and have him for the season with the option of using him as trade bait at the deadline then get screwed over at the deadline offering up picks and prospects at high deadline costs.

That's because we're sex starved for enforcers.

People always want what they can't have. We can't have enforcers and haven't for a long time, so we want one. Most fans want more skill on their teams, because their teams suck.

Yeah, like who's is gonna chicken out and NOT watch game 7? And while we're trying to be funny, but failing miseraby, it's "senSe"

I see tons of ant-hudler folks on here, so I guess this debate makes senSe to them... go back to booing Fedorov and calling yourself a Wings fan and then NOT watching them in the Stanley Cup Finals Game 7... Oh, and if Hudler asks for more than 50% of what he is worth (like Hossa did) the he is also a Chump... Sacrifice in Detroit, you want the money, leave, which is what Hossa did, you wanna win, sacrifice for the team...

:lol: Oh, irony.

That's because we're sex starved for enforcers.

People always want what they can't have. We can't have enforcers and haven't for a long time, so we want one. Most fans want more skill on their teams, because their teams suck.

Signing Hudler doesn't mean we can't have an enforcer. On the contrary - you should want the Wings to sign Hudler. Because if we sign him, that's all we'll have space for. :hehe:

Otherwise, you're basically asking Holland to sign semi-skilled, excel-at-nothing-in-particular type of players to fill out the bottom lines.

:o

I beg your pardon. What bias are you talking about? Everyone here knows I'm always open about us signing more players of Hudler's size and style. I've never been so insulted before in my life.

Good one. Just admit that his comparison sucked instead of changing the topic.

I didnt' care less whether Larionov fought or played gritty. We had enough balance on our team to offset skill with grit. And once again, Hudler isn't in his league.

Lighten up Frances.....nobody actually thinks Huds could carry Igor's jock. I'm actually indifferent on Huds.....his statistical production warrants a slight raise, but because he doesn't really add anything "extra", I'd have no problem seeing him leave if we could get compensation. Either way, I'll put faith in Holland and whatever he chooses I'll gladly support. Under any scenario, this team isn't remotely in danger of not making the playoffs. I'm leaning to the idea that getting the GR boys a bunch of experience and fixing whatever issues don't work out at the deadline.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed already - I didn't read the entire thread - but I just don't understand the lack of support for Hudler.

Yeah, he's a small player, but if you watched the same team that I did, he was actually very hard to take off of the puck - especially in the playoffs. He stick-handled quite well along the boards in the opponent's zone and made some nice plays.

And folks, he was 5th in scoring amongst forwards while receiving third line minutes. He had 57 points and was +7 in the regular season.

Cleary, Flip & Samuelsson, each of whom logged time on the top two lines, all had 40 points, and Cleary & Sammy were scratch players.

I think that $2M would be reasonable for him. Hell, Filppula is making $3M.

Is he a replacement for Hossa? Of course not......but I'd love to see him get some 2nd line ice time with Filppula & Franzen.

Hmmmm, wow! First of all, your quote wasn' even my post, so I don't now where this came from. Second I don't recall you laying into me in a previous thread, the only response I remember from to directly to me was another time where I mentioned a long term deal for Hudler and you responded "Long Term Long Term!" if that is laying into me, then wow, we now know why that Alaskan lady ruined the Presidential bid for the Republicans, don'tcha know! BTW, no I did not vote for the illegal immigrant that ran for President.

lets see, what else. I really don't recall attacking you personally or telling you to change your name, crazy, but I do believe you have me confused with someone else. I made this thread because I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas of re-signing Hudler but by not raping our Cap. AND if you do recall, I did start the thread called "If you think Hudler is NOT worth $3.0million, think again." In which I gave plenty of reasons why Hudler IS worth a raise, but givin our limited cap space, he is not worth $3.0m here. And he should take a page out of the superstars books here and re-sign for a lot less than his market value so Holland can ice the best possible team. I think maybe you should scan through your posts and reminds yourself of who you were yelling at before, because it wasn't me, but I am glad I got your attention because you were one of the folks I was hoping would come up with a great plan to keep Jiri here without raping our cap.

Wow, maybe your 6'0 husband should help you with the panties that are i a bunch and while he's down there, relieve some stress.

I started this thread in support of Hudler, only to find that everyone that was responding was anti-Hudler or didn't think he was worth re-signing. That is why I called out the Hudler lovers because in every other thread I mentioned my dislike for re-siging Hudler they were there. Relax Martha, relax!

Take a look at my posts? I commented when I was writing that "the guy that said..." and this person" I wasn't going to go back and find every name.....

There were about five different threads that you are the first one to reply to something I say...hince my sarchasim everytime you say something....I was having fun with it..... going back to the "how cute everyone is with Hudler" comments....

BUT NOW....what you've said is too much....that is just uncalled for...

and for the other's I wrote it that big because I knew exactly who he was talking to........and I was right, he said it himself.....

How would you like someone that you don't know saying crap like that to your wife....it's called sexual harrasment

The lineup I would like to see, given the loss of Kopecky, Hossa, and Conklin:

Hudler/Zetterberg/Cleary

Franzen/Datsyuk/Leino

Abdelkader/Filppula/Holmstrom

Helm/Draper/Maltby

Lidstrom/Rafalski

Kronwall/Stuart

Ericsson/Lilja

Meech

Osgood

Howard

my shortlist for the Red Wings is:

re-signing Hudler and signing Chris Neil.

i dont understand all of the negativity towards Rex honestly...

hes just coming off a career year across the board.

i understand he was pretty much MIA for the Finals but @ 25, i think he's certainly worth giving a handsome contract with this roster and thus, increased playing time to really see what this guy can do.

maybe hes the next danny briere...or possibly better?

regardless, in my eyes, he seems like a very promising forward with a nose for the net.

I miss EuroTwin and her shenanigans.

The Hudler threads are full more bitchy people than a sorority house full of pmsing females. I want him to stay, others want him to leave, I'm only going to stress myself out arguing with people who aren't going to change their minds.

I'd rather keep my Rexy-love pure and silly. ;) Just like him. (Well the silly part at least, :wub:)

rexsuavedisco.jpg

Edited by EuroTwin

I'm sorry if this has been discussed already - I didn't read the entire thread - but I just don't understand the lack of support for Hudler.

Yeah, he's a small player, but if you watched the same team that I did, he was actually very hard to take off of the puck - especially in the playoffs. He stick-handled quite well along the boards in the opponent's zone and made some nice plays.

And folks, he was 5th in scoring amongst forwards while receiving third line minutes. He had 57 points and was +7 in the regular season.

Cleary, Flip & Samuelsson, each of whom logged time on the top two lines, all had 40 points, and Cleary & Sammy were scratch players.

I think that $2M would be reasonable for him. Hell, Filppula is making $3M.

Is he a replacement for Hossa? Of course not......but I'd love to see him get some 2nd line ice time with Filppula & Franzen.

You answered your own question. Everyone hates Hudler because hes a midget. Thats it. Thats the end of it. If he was pure skill at 6'0, nobody would have a problem with him.

Wings fans have a serious complex about small players.

The Hudler threads are full more bitchy people than a sorority house full of pmsing females. I want him to stay, others want him to leave, I'm only going to stress myself out arguing with people who aren't going to change their minds.

I'd rather keep my Rexy-love pure and silly. ;) Just like him. (Well the silly part at least, :wub:)

I was honestly beginning to get a little scared.

I love Huds, and am completely fine with his height. Detroit is a skilled team, and Huds fits in right with their system, why wouldn't you want him. I love enforcers, truly do, but I accept the fact that we are not that sort of team that will hurt you with their size. I always love how well Huds and Helm play together anyway, and would love for that to continue.

:lol:

Larionov was a Hall of Famer and a great centerman on our team.

Hudler is s*** compared to Larionov, even when Igor was in his early 40's.

Igor's HOF career has almost nothing to do with what he did in the NHL. Igor was pretty much a 40-60pt player in the NHL. Igor was a solid middle 6 scorer for the Wings. Good enough for 2nd line duty, but did most of his work from the 3rd line and 2nd PP unit. Thats where Jiri is now. And where Igor was slowly but surely declining, Hudler has been, and will be improving for a few more years as he enters his prime.

Take a look at my posts? I commented when I was writing that "the guy that said..." and this person" I wasn't going to go back and find every name.....

There were about five different threads that you are the first one to reply to something I say...hince my sarchasim everytime you say something....I was having fun with it..... going back to the "how cute everyone is with Hudler" comments....

BUT NOW....what you've said is too much....that is just uncalled for...

and for the other's I wrote it that big because I knew exactly who he was talking to........and I was right, he said it himself.....

How would you like someone that you don't know saying crap like that to your wife....it's called sexual harrasment

On behalf of the rational females on this board, please, I beg of you:

a) Put him on ignore and be done with it.

b) Take a Midol.

The choice is yours.

Back on topic...

I will miss Hudler's antics- the clucks, the "let's go Red Vings", the funny interviews. He has been enjoyable to watch.

Unfortunately, these are merely bonuses. The true worth of a player is what he does on the ice, for what price, and how much his particular skill set is needed to mesh with his teammates.

Hudler seems to score more with limited minutes, making him a good choice for the third or fourth line, but he lacks the size needed to be a true checking line kind of guy. He does battle and I give him credit for that, but others do it better.

At his RFA salary, he was fine, but with the cap what it is, I'm afraid there are cheaper options that will fill his skates.

This is not to say that I don't want him back if the price is right, just that if he is looking for more than we can afford (which I believe will be the case), he is more easily replaced than many on the team.

I appreciate all that he's done here, and I like him as a personality, but if push comes to shove, I'd rather see someone who can fill either a top-six or bottom-six spot and do it well. Hudler is kind of a half-breed who doesn't quite fulfill the obligations of either.

All the same, I wish him all the best and I hope he finds somewhere that he is Happy.