• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pat

Jason Williams

Rate this topic

I think this is one of the few free agents out there that's a possibility.

GOOD:

cheaper then most of the free agents out there.

Good on the PP

Good on shootouts

BAD:

Not a very good two way forward

Not a fast skater

I say sign him for 1 year at 1.5M.

That still leaves the door open for hudler/leino/sammy.

Thank you for making me throw up a little in my mouth. Nice feeling.

Name another free agent out there that can put the puck in the net on a constant basis and under $2M?

He and Sammy playing on the same line would possibly be the funniest thing to watch in recent Wings history.

Where do these threads come from?

Williams was the guy we traded for freaking Kyle Calder. You remember, the useless moron who sucked on the PP and kept turning the puck over.

Thats not a bad option. Not sure why people are bashing you for saying Williams because he did have 47 points last year. People seem to forget about the money situation and the fact that playing in a wings uniform is a different system. This may be the reason that Franzen didn't start scoring until he was 30 years old. Anyway, not a bad option if the price is cheap. Not much else out there.

Thats not a bad option. Not sure why people are bashing you for saying Williams because he did have 47 points last year. People seem to forget about the money situation and the fact that playing in a wings uniform is a different system. This may be the reason that Franzen didn't start scoring until he was 30 years old. Anyway, not a bad option if the price is cheap. Not much else out there.

Franzen didn't start scoring til he was 30 because he started scoring when he was 28. And the reason he started scoring then was because he got temporarily promoted due to injuries and proved he could stay there.

Williams, on the other hand, got his chance on the 2nd line, and after a season, proved he couldn't stay there.

Franzen didn't start scoring til he was 30 because he started scoring when he was 28. And the reason he started scoring then was because he got temporarily promoted due to injuries and proved he could stay there.

Williams, on the other hand, got his chance on the 2nd line, and after a season, proved he couldn't stay there.

Money is the issue here. Would you rather have Williams or Draper?

The biggest pro for signing him would be that he wouldn't be able to score against us, which he seems to love to do.

This was also the main reason I wouldn't have minded us signing Joel Ward.

Getzlaf seems to score against us.. maybe we should get him instead.

Meh. I wouldn't complain, but I don't think he's really what we need. Maybe if Sammy leaves. We always seem to enjoy having that one right handed forward playing the point on the pp who really shouldn't be.

Edit: This is more than a little unlikely though. I seem to recall him being somewhat bitter when he left.

Edited by Zetts

I never really disliked the guy. The only knock against him I had was that he'd start to show serious development and then he would get injured. He is a solid (not great) scorer and he can possess some good grit when he's healthy. I just don't see a huge need for him though

Hell no. Seriously, the guy was the freakin' LGW pinata most of the time he was here, and for good reason ... are we really in such dire straits that we need to bring back all the bums we were happy to get rid of years ago?

Guest micah

I liked Williams, I don't really want him back though. If it could be done at 1.5m per, I wouldn't be all that opposed to it I guess.