• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pucks

Kings had exclusive negotiating rights to Hossa

Rate this topic

Thats huge. If thats the kind of pussyfooting he did with Shero, then I can see why he left the Pens on such bad terms. Sounds like DL couldn't get a straight answer out of Hossa no matter what he did.

Be a friggin man, Hossa. If you dont want to have anything to do with a team, tell them you aren't available. No need for them to waste their time.

He was the one player we thought was a top player. I don’t know that he’s a `mail carrier’ type guy, but he’s still a top playerâ€.

Dean Lombardi, smart man.

I noticed that, too. I think its pretty clear at this point that Hossa wants no part of being the go-to guy. First Malkin and Crosby. Then Hank and Datsyuk. Now Kane and Toews. Looks like Hossa's biggest fear is being the guy that the spotlight shines on. Pretty much explains why the guy folded in the Finals when all eyes were on him.

I noticed that, too. I think its pretty clear at this point that Hossa wants no part of being the go-to guy. First Malkin and Crosby. Then Hank and Datsyuk. Now Kane and Toews. Looks like Hossa's biggest fear is being the guy that the spotlight shines on. Pretty much explains why the guy folded in the Finals when all eyes were on him.

He didn't choose to go to Pittsburgh but I think you might be right otherwise.

Gotta suck to be a Kings fan. They have all that cap space but can't get anyone to sign there.

He didn't choose to go to Pittsburgh but I think you might be right otherwise.

Gotta suck to be a Kings fan. They have all that cap space but can't get anyone to sign there.

Their best move might be to sign a couple second tier guys instead of a big name. They're assembling a quality team and like Lombardi said, if they can put together a good season or two they can compete for big names. Getting some workhorses who aren't quite big stars would put them in good shape.

Their best move might be to sign a couple second tier guys instead of a big name. They're assembling a quality team and like Lombardi said, if they can put together a good season or two they can compete for big names. Getting some workhorses who aren't quite big stars would put them in good shape.

they were only a few wins away from squeaking into the playoffs last year before that losing streak at the end... with some maturity and growth, they could be a very good team in a couple years...

Sadly, Hossa doesn't have a backbone. He should have been more open with people instead of giving false hope. Oh well, he'll never see the cup now that he's in Chicago. That's too bad really, I was hoping he'd get a chance.

I don't know which is true but here is what the Edmonton Journal said:

The Wings, who were squeezed by their salary cap, offered 10 years for $40 million for the forward. But they knew they likely wouldn't get him and gave his agent Ritch Winter permission a week ago to talk to other teams. They did it out of the goodness of their heart because they could have tried to trade his negotiating rights as Florida did with Jay Bouwmeester; but they felt they owed Hossa for signing with Detroit last year and leaving lots of money on the table elsewhere.

Slightly different story than the one the OP found. Here is the link

Edited by Frozen-Man

But he excelled in Pittsburgh and seemed really comfortable there.

True, but he didn't necessarily want to go there. And he didn't want to stay there.

Also, he has excelled pretty much wherever he's gone in his career. Playoff success has been so-so for him, but he's a guy who always delivers in the regular season.

If the Kings are having a tough time getting big names to sign there, the Pens should be forced to trade them Malkin for $25 million and four first round picks. Isn't that the league's standard protocol for a young but struggling LA team? :P

More YoungGuns butthurt. Explain the 92- and 100-point seasons he had in Atlanta. Sure sounds like a go-to guy to me.

I swear, YoungGuns must cry himself to sleep every night while cursing Hossa. It's all he does here. It's a sickening obsession.

^ Undoubtedly

I don't get it. If the Kings had his rights, how were we able to offer him a contract?

The wings still had his rights, but Holland allowed others to negotiate with Hossa. If Hossa signed a deal elsewhere before July 1st the wings would have received a draft pick.

Guest Shoreline

Even if this blog has any truth to it at all, it still points to Hossa wanting something more immediate in terms of success, and the blog points out that Lombardi said he couldn't guarantee any immediate success of the franchise. Who can blame Hossa for taking his chances with another team? Just because he talks to one doesn't mean he must sign. Some Wings fans need to stop getting their panties in a bunch over insignificant stuff.