• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zetterbergfan

Versteeg

Rate this topic

How much will he get offered?

Is it worth the picks to sign him away from the Hawks and stick it back to them a little?

(I didn't see another post for this anywhere, but I am sure its been mentioned in one of the 15 different Hossa threads.)

Edited by zetterbergfan

Is it worth the picks to sign him away from the Hawks and stick it back to them a little?

(I didn't see another post for this anywhere, but I am sure its been mentioned in one of the 15 different Hossa threads.)

yeah i mentioned it in my thread about looking at FAs. he should get offered for about 4 to 5 mill...thats 1 or 2 1st round draft picks. im unsure . but he is worth it.

I would be willing to bet, that if someone offered him $2 million per year for 3 years, Chicago would NOT match, given their newly found cap constraints... anything under about $3 million would cost a third round pick. I say go for it... we need a forward who can contribute offensively, and since Versteeg won't likely make more than $2 million staying in Chicago anyway, I say go for it... that will leave us the room to sign two affordable fourth-liners.

Right now Chi has about 11m left, with 11 forwards (10 NHL level) under contract, 6 D (4 NHL level) and 1 NHL level gaolie.

Versteeg at 3 is possible for them, I would wager Versteeg at up 5 is a possibility.

Using NHL numbers so my numbers may be slightly off!

This year the big 3 RFA's for them are making 1.9 Keith and .875 (Toews and Kane) it is likely that the latter 2 could be making 10x' s that much and Keith could be making upwards of 3 x's his salary.

EDIT:

\

It is not his year that they are in cap hell, it is next season when they have 3 D (1 will get paid big time)under contract and 5 forwards (2 will get paid big time).

Sure they will have a lot of space to sign Kane, Toews, and Keith, as long as they don't mind playing 4 v 5 hockey all year long or with a crap load of AHL talent!

Edited by Opie

Right now Chi has about 11 left, with 11 forwards under contract, 6 D and 1 NHL level gaolie.

Versteeg at 3 is possible for them, I would wager Versteeg at up 5 is a possibility.

After signing Mr. Hossa, the Blackhawks have about $4.5 million to spend, and Cam Barker is a restricted free agent too, and he will take about $2.5 million to sign, then they need a couple more depth players, so it will be tight. They would likely NOT match anything over 2 million, and I believe that RFAs who sign offer sheets must sign for at least 2 years, so that makes their ability to match an offer sheet tight.

versteeg will not get over 3mil/year. he was a rookie last year. a good rookie, but 52 pts is not even as good as huds at 57. may as well just resign huds at 2mil/yr. they're pretty close to the same player anyways.

Versteeg is an agitator. He isn't my type of player but he seems to be a more rounded player than Huds.

After signing Mr. Hossa, the Blackhawks have about $4.5 million to spend, and Cam Barker is a restricted free agent too, and he will take about $2.5 million to sign, then they need a couple more depth players, so it will be tight. They would likely NOT match anything over 2 million, and I believe that RFAs who sign offer sheets must sign for at least 2 years, so that makes their ability to match an offer sheet tight.

Not questioning your numbers but can I have a link, the nhlnumbers one seems to include Hossa and Madden? Maybe not bonuses?

Versteeg is an agitator. He isn't my type of player but he seems to be a more rounded player than Huds.

but he's an agitator with a pissy little temper. he lost his lid against the wings. we don't need someone that takes stupid penalties. that's why the wings let avery go all those years back, and schneider took lazy, undisciplined penalties....now kronner needs to smarten up.

no thanks to versteeg and his full diaper. go play for the pens. don't get me wrong, good player, but don't think he'd fit right. and babs would have a new whipping boy.

versteeg will not get over 3mil/year. he was a rookie last year. a good rookie, but 52 pts is not even as good as huds at 57. may as well just resign huds at 2mil/yr. they're pretty close to the same player anyways.

I don't see the Wings signing Versteeg but I dont see Versteeg in Chicago, someone is willing to pay him too much and give up the picks. Versteeg is better than Hudler and has plenty more potential, Hudler isn't gonna get much better than he is right now, and definitely not elsewhere.

This is all just messed up....

I've seen one Hawks fan craving for Beauchemin (which obviously did not happen). I really hate to see Versteeg go, and Barker too. I heard that the Hawks would've drafted Barker OVER Ovechkin AND Malkin, as crazy as that would've been. We just need to focus on the big 3. Shopping time is over Dale!

Right now Chi has about 11m left, with 11 forwards (10 NHL level) under contract, 6 D (4 NHL level) and 1 NHL level gaolie.

This year the big 3 RFA's for them are making 1.9 Keith and .875 (Toews and Kane) it is likely that the latter 2 could be making 10x' s that much and Keith could be making upwards of 3 x's his salary.

EDIT:

\

It is not his year that they are in cap hell, it is next season when they have 3 D (1 will get paid big time)under contract and 5 forwards (2 will get paid big time).

Sure they will have a lot of space to sign Kane, Toews, and Keith, as long as they don't mind playing 4 v 5 hockey all year long or with a crap load of AHL talent!

Patrick Kane $3,725,000

Dave Bolland $3,375,000

Dustin Byfuglien $3,000,000

Jonathan Toews $2,800,000

--------------------------------------

ROSTER SIZE19

SALARY CAP$56,800,000

PAYROLL$52,313,874

BONUS MONEY (ESTIMATED)(9.2% of cap) $5,225,000

CAP ROOM$4,486,126

CAP ROOM PER OPEN SPOT$1,121,532

---------------------------------------

Capgeek.com

Edited by rage

May as well keep Huds, both guys are equally small but Huds puts in more pucks.

Versteeg isn't coming to Detroit.

If your a team like Detroit and you have a player that plays physical, is in your face, and plays a bigger game and gets you 52 points, or a player that trys his arse off, is physically weaker, and sometimes goes on scoring slumps on the PP where it's his specialty, and doesnt really provide much else, who do you take? Not trying to rag on Huds, I'd like to see him back, but I'd take Versteeg over him if I had the choice.

I don't really understand why many here feel chicago screwed you guys over, or that you need to pay them back some how. You guys simply didn't have the cap space to keep hossa. If it wasn't chicago it could have been any of 10 other teams. Personally, I wish you guys would have resigned him at a cost of radically having to alter your roster. You guys are better off without him imo.

kenny should do it .. just to f*** them over, and i think personally he is better then hudler too

Ok lets not be too bitter here. For all we know CHI saved us from cap troubles.

Regardless of revenge or whatever... Vertseeg is a more capable player at both ends of the ice and has a lot more upside that Hudler. We should offer 2 mil and see what happens.

I don't really understand why many here feel chicago screwed you guys over, or that you need to pay them back some how. You guys simply didn't have the cap space to keep hossa. If it wasn't chicago it could have been any of 10 other teams. Personally, I wish you guys would have resigned him at a cost of radically having to alter your roster. You guys are better off without him imo.

If it wasn't chicago it could have been any of 10 other teams that's the thing we couldn't care less if it was ANYONE but Chicago.. do you even know about the Detroit/Chicago rivalry? if not look it up... :rolleyes:

No need to be an arse about it.

But, yeah. The thing that everyone is upset about is that he signed within the Central Division.

Edited by DYags