• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hey Hey Hockeytown!

Wings will re-sign Leino to a 2-year deal

Rate this topic

I find it odd that nobody has commented on this part yet:

Hudler, 25, who made $1.15 million last season, will see his salary increase anywhere from the $2.5 million the Wings are offering to possibly an award in the $3.5-million to $4-million range.

I find that very disappointing. They're already offering him 2.5 and he's not accepting it? I'm thinking we're going to be saying goodbye to Happy.

I find that very disappointing. They're already offering him 2.5 and he's not accepting it? I'm thinking we're going to be saying goodbye to Happy.

You're right, if he wants that much money than he can go on and forget Detroit.

If the guy played some defense yea i could see us giving him 3-3.5, but the guy is a one dimensional player, so no more than 2-2.5 for him. If he learns to play some D then we can talk about a raise in a few years. If he thinks hes really ganna get 3.5-4 then he can walk. Er were ganna be throwing 4.5-5 at Hossa, who plays both ways and scores 40 goals. A one way forward that only scores 20 aint worth it. With that said, I love Happy Hudler, and ii would love to keep him but only for 2.5.

Holland indicated he and the Hudler camp were not that far off, so I doubt Hudler is holding out for that kind of money -- or he would not have even bothered filing for arbitration.

Travis Moen? What is everyones obsession with this guy? the guy has only played 42 NHL games in the last 4 seasons combined. In that time he has only had 15 total points. I havent seen him play that much, so maybe i just need some education. I understand that hes a big body, but does he play like a big guy? Ive never seen him fight or anything, so i have no idea if the guy is even a fighter. but if you ask me, there has got to be a guy out there who is big and plays physical but can still put points on the board. I just dont see a reason to replace Hudler who scores you 20-30 goals a season with a big body that will maybe get you 10 goals. If he plays physical he is more than likely going to lave us short handed more times than Hudler does, but hes not going to put up as much offense as Hudler does. If you ask me we need to go out for a guy that can play physical but still put up the points that we will lose in Hudler if we can resign him. We already lost 40 goals in Hossa, 20+ in Sammy, and if we lose hudlers 20-30 goals, we lose a TON of offense. Replacing that with a guy that will do some hitting but will not chip in offensively doesnt make alot of sense to me. I for one hope that we resign Hudler, and last i heard he filed for arbitration which gives us a pretty good chance of resigning him. If we do resign Hudler, i could see us then trying to go out and getting a physical guy. Again i havent seen Moen play that much, but if thats who you want, i think we also need to keep Hudler. I would give Mark Bell a shot over Moen if you ask me. A former 1st round pick (8th overall) who has had some personal problems which have kept him from the NHL and taken alot of attention away from him. I think he would be a good camp invitee and if it all pans out, sign him for cheap to a one year deal and give him a chance to prove he can play. The only thing that sucks about this years camp is that it is extremely short which limits most chancs of giving Moen or Bell an invite. I dont think that holland would sign Moen or Bell to a contract without seeing how both play first, so i dunno what the chances are of getting either guy.

you read his stats wrong. he has played 362 regular season NHL games. in the playoffs he has played 42 games in the last 4 seasons registering 9 goals and 6 assists.

he was a big part of the ducks success in 07 when he played on their shutdown line with pahlsson and neidermayer. he is big, physical, he fights and is pretty solid defensively. he did not have a very good year last season but at anything under $1.5m he would be a great addition IMO.

Edited by UKWING

Travis Moen would be a SOLID pickup.....but as a grinder. He wouldn't replace Sammy as a 20 goal scorer. I'm still hoping for Koivu or Bertuzzi. However, Moen would be an awesome addition either way.

Moen would be a great add, he'd definitely make the Wings harder to play against.

Bertuzzi could be a decent pick up if we could get him for less than 1.5 million.

How much do you want for being a small one-dimensional player Hudler? God sakes...I didnt really want you back to begin with...if you go to arbitration we can always trade your small ass somewhere else if you like.

If its true Detroit offered him $2.5mil and he wants more...gtfo Hudler.

Good deal. Leino will be given alot more chances this year and I think Wings fans will finally see just how good he is.

Interesting to see how this affects the Hudler deal.

I can't see how Holland could possibly fit Hudler and Leino under the cap, if Hudler gets more than $2 mil. I played with the Cap Calculator till I was blue in the face, and even a minimal 20-man roster comes out over the cap, unless one of the already signed players is traded and replaced with someone making no more than $0.5 mil. What is the point of signing Hudler if it means losing another regular?

Edited by sibiriak

Travis Moen? What is everyones obsession with this guy? the guy has only played 42 NHL games in the last 4 seasons combined. In that time he has only had 15 total points. I havent seen him play that much, so maybe i just need some education. I understand that hes a big body, but does he play like a big guy? Ive never seen him fight or anything, so i have no idea if the guy is even a fighter. but if you ask me, there has got to be a guy out there who is big and plays physical but can still put points on the board. I just dont see a reason to replace Hudler who scores you 20-30 goals a season with a big body that will maybe get you 10 goals. If he plays physical he is more than likely going to lave us short handed more times than Hudler does, but hes not going to put up as much offense as Hudler does. If you ask me we need to go out for a guy that can play physical but still put up the points that we will lose in Hudler if we can resign him. We already lost 40 goals in Hossa, 20+ in Sammy, and if we lose hudlers 20-30 goals, we lose a TON of offense. Replacing that with a guy that will do some hitting but will not chip in offensively doesnt make alot of sense to me. I for one hope that we resign Hudler, and last i heard he filed for arbitration which gives us a pretty good chance of resigning him. If we do resign Hudler, i could see us then trying to go out and getting a physical guy. Again i havent seen Moen play that much, but if thats who you want, i think we also need to keep Hudler. I would give Mark Bell a shot over Moen if you ask me. A former 1st round pick (8th overall) who has had some personal problems which have kept him from the NHL and taken alot of attention away from him. I think he would be a good camp invitee and if it all pans out, sign him for cheap to a one year deal and give him a chance to prove he can play. The only thing that sucks about this years camp is that it is extremely short which limits most chancs of giving Moen or Bell an invite. I dont think that holland would sign Moen or Bell to a contract without seeing how both play first, so i dunno what the chances are of getting either guy.

Who said that we need Moen for points?We need TOUGNESS and PK - Moen brings both... Hockey is not only about getting points...

Did someone seriously say "Bertuzzi?"

I know why would someone go crazy? We tried that experiment and it failed. Why open it back up?

Yeah a lot of people around here thought Fil was gonna be gone and the Wings got it done. I will continue to think that until Hudler is signed or is gone. I think Kenny finds a way to get this done.

I wouldn't mind seeing Huds on a one year contract so they can see where the cap goes next year, and have some added space to play with.

Guest mindfly

is it not better to let hudler walk, sign leino cheap and use the rest of the salary for a solid point producer that also have gritty play.. there are a few left actually

Rob Niedermayer, Moen, Fedotenko, Peca, Satan, Sykora, Bertuzzi, Morrison, Kovalev, Tanguay, Koivu, Kotalik

Moen, Niedermayer, Bertuzzi perhaps? hometown discount @ 1.5-3M or something?

Edited by mindfly

is it not better to let hudler walk, sign leino cheap and use the rest of the salary for a solid point producer that also have gritty play.. there are a few left actually

Rob Niedermayer, Moen, Fedotenko, Peca, Satan, Sykora, Bertuzzi, Morrison, Kovalev, Tanguay, Koivu, Kotalik

Moen, Niedermayer, Bertuzzi perhaps? hometown discount @ 1.5-3M or something?

I like your idea, but the guys you mentioned are nowhere near what we need. Moen has played almost 400 regualr season games with only 56 total points prodcued over a 5 year proefessinal campaign. Not what we need. Dont know how 'gritty' he is, but defiently not a point prodcuer that would replace Hudler. Rob and Todd are both too old and not really productive offensively enough to take hudlers spot. The rest seem way out of our price range. Not sure what we are ganna do, but our best bet is to probably resign Hudler and try and pick up a cheap grity guy that might not produce alot of points but will atleast mix it up. if you add Hudler you dont need yor gritty guy to be offensive as much. Ive said it before and ill say it again. Mark Bell would be a good fit. Would come cheap, was a former 8th overall pick, and under the radar for alot of teams. Give him a second chance and keep hudler at the same time. I think it will work out for us.

you read his stats wrong. he has played 362 regular season NHL games. in the playoffs he has played 42 games in the last 4 seasons registering 9 goals and 6 assists.

he was a big part of the ducks success in 07 when he played on their shutdown line with pahlsson and neidermayer. he is big, physical, he fights and is pretty solid defensively. he did not have a very good year last season but at anything under $1.5m he would be a great addition IMO.

Yeah sorry, i meant to go back ang chance that. He has almost 400 NHL gams and only 56 points to show fir it. I just dont think that what we need if we are chosing not to replace hudler. We have lost so much offense this off season already and we lose Hudler to top it off, replacing him with a guy that doesnt put points on the board doenst make alot of sense to me.

Who said that we need Moen for points?We need TOUGNESS and PK - Moen brings both... Hockey is not only about getting points...

I totally understand where you are coming from, i know hockey is not just about points. Defense wins championships, we all know that as wings fans. I stated that Moen wasnt the right choice because alot of poeple are saying that we should let Hudler go and replace him with Moen. I have a problem with that if we chose not to add an offensive force along with Moen. If we were to go out and get a guy who can score along with Moen i would be fine with that. But i dont consider Moen a Hudler replacment. We have lost a ton of offense this offseason, and merely going out and picking up a Moen type player who plays good D but doesnt put up points is a mistake in my opinion. I totally agree that we need toughness and now we need good PK now that we dont know the future of lilja and now that Maltby and draper will both probably be gone after next year. I just think that if people are seriously talking about letting Hudler go and only Signing Leino and one other guy, i dont think Moen is that guy. If we are to sign only one guy he has to be able to put points on the board, in my book. Like i said, in a perfect world, we should sign a point getting like Hudler and then go after a Tougher guy like Moen or bell. Sorry for the confusion.

Yeah sorry, i meant to go back ang chance that. He has almost 400 NHL gams and only 56 points to show fir it. I just dont think that what we need if we are chosing not to replace hudler. We have lost so much offense this off season already and we lose Hudler to top it off, replacing him with a guy that doesnt put points on the board doenst make alot of sense to me.

moen would not be a replacement for hudler - i would see him as a belated replacement for dallas drake. leino would replace hudler and helm will replace samuelsson and they should have some space left to sign someone at the deadline if need be. the wings do not have the space to replace hossa but they should not need to; they won the cup without hossa the previous year and they can do it again.

Edited by UKWING