• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hey Hey Hockeytown!

Wings will re-sign Leino to a 2-year deal

Rate this topic

Good news about Leino. But people comparing Fil tp Hudler are crazy, Fil got overpaid a little bit, if Hudler gets more then 2 million we have no room for anything, and have pretty much the same roster that lost the Cup (except a bit improved because no Hossa and Kopecky) We'll see if it does work out for the best.

moen would not be a replacement for hudler - i would see him as a belated replacement for dallas drake. leino would replace hudler and helm will replace samuelsson and they should have some space left to sign someone at the deadline if need be. the wings do not have the space to replace hossa but they should not need to; they won the cup without hossa the previous year and they can do it again.

Alright, that much i can understand than. Its just some people in other threads were trying to use Moen as a replacement for Hudler and it wasnt making sense for me. I still think Bell would be a good choice, and possibly cheaper than Moen so ill continue to push a Bell invitation to camp. The rest i can agree with. the only thing that scares me is our Goalie. Hopefully Osgood can play the regular season like he did the playoffs the last two years. If he can do that, we have a pretty good chance this year. I dont think we can rely on Howard , so Osgood is going to have to play very well in my mind.

Good news about Leino. But people comparing Fil tp Hudler are crazy, Fil got overpaid a little bit, if Hudler gets more then 2 million we have no room for anything, and have pretty much the same roster that lost the Cup (except a bit improved because no Hossa and Kopecky) We'll see if it does work out for the best.

I think Filppula will break out this upcoming season since Hossa is gone. Filppula will probably play on the second line with Franzen. I think Filppula will be great some day (he's already showed he can step up in the playoffs).

Huds must have had a bolt knocked loose when he was crushed at center ice in the 2nd round. 2.5 mil sounds like the right number for Hudler to stay in town, it's not like he set the world on fire last year.

Huds must have had a bolt knocked loose when he was crushed at center ice in the 2nd round. 2.5 mil sounds like the right number for Hudler to stay in town, it's not like he set the world on fire last year.

23g 57pts playing on the third line.

You're right, if he wants that much money than he can go on and forget Detroit.

that is what I have been saying! I even lowered it to $1.5 million is too much on this team (mainly because I am nota 'fanatic' for him) But hell yeah if he is't going to accept $2.5 from Holland, then Good day sir! You Lose! You Get Nothing!

I am intrigued by the comment about possilby getting $3.5 to $4 from someone though, I would definately take those 1st and 3rd round pickd then! :yahoo: Buy realistically I can see someone offering him a contract up to $3,099,999 just so they onlyhave to give up a 2nd. But maybe someone will!

Question: If Hudler goes to arbitration and the arbitrator says he gets $3.5, then does Holland HAVE to give it to him or can he say no thanks and let him walk? Does that make him a UFA then?

Alright, that much i can understand than. Its just some people in other threads were trying to use Moen as a replacement for Hudler and it wasnt making sense for me. I still think Bell would be a good choice, and possibly cheaper than Moen so ill continue to push a Bell invitation to camp. The rest i can agree with. the only thing that scares me is our Goalie. Hopefully Osgood can play the regular season like he did the playoffs the last two years. If he can do that, we have a pretty good chance this year. I dont think we can rely on Howard , so Osgood is going to have to play very well in my mind.

remember these three names;

Ville Leino

Travis Moen

Mark Bell

:champs:

Leino is Over-rated.

He better score 25 or better this season.... Time to STEP UP Ville

Well, in 13 games with Detroit last season he score 5g and 4a with 9points. Average that out over 82 games, 31g 25a 56points.... BYE BYE HUDLER! You are not needed....

Well, in 13 games with Detroit last season he score 5g and 4a with 9points. Average that out over 82 games, 31g 25a 56points.... BYE BYE HUDLER! You are not needed....

That's till one less than Huds already established stats (not predicted average)...and aren't you all about size & speed of a player instead of stats (that's why you don't like Hudler right?).......and not doing averages and such because it really doesn't mean that much anyway....I mean, look at the guys in the playoffs, if someone doesn't "showup" in games then how can you really use an "average" stats suggestion......Hudler already has those stats....Leino doesn't........and to add, so you are suggesting that Leino is worth $3 mil???? I mean, with the averages he MAY put up next season and to which line do you have him on and with whom is he going to "average" these stats with???

[/quote

HI HI HUDLER! You are needed.....

That's till one less than Huds already established stats (not predicted average)...and aren't you all about size & speed of a player instead of stats (that's why you don't like Hudler right?).......and not doing averages and such because it really doesn't mean that much anyway....I mean, look at the guys in the playoffs, if someone doesn't "showup" in games then how can you really use an "average" stats suggestion......Hudler already has those stats....Leino doesn't........and to add, so you are suggesting that Leino is worth $3 mil???? I mean, with the averages he MAY put up next season and to which line do you have him on and with whom is he going to "average" these stats with???

I don't like Hudler, because he's Hudler. I've never liked him, never will, he could scoe 93 goals and I will still never like him. That being said, I have maintained all along that he is worth $3 or more million, just not with our limited cap space, but he could surely get it elsewhere, and I hope he does. And yes, if the Wings ink Leino for 2 more years and he puts up Hudler points in those two year, he will also be worth $3 or more million and we may be facing yet another free agent we may be asking to take discount to stay, or move on if he wants huge pay dirt. Sure my thoughts on Leino are MAYBE's, but Hudler is ALSO a maybe next year as well, MAYBE his huge disappointing playoff are a sign of things to come, maybe the buttend to his head messed him up. Maybe he is a little more scared than he used to be, it's all maybe, maybe we sign him $3 million and he sucks up the ice and only gets 25 points, maybe he gives us a discount and signs for $1.5 and hits 75 points, and then again the next year and when he becomes a UFA, we may be asking him again to take a discount, or maybe he'll be getting a "career" contract like Franzen and he'll get the big bucks.

I don't like him, but it doesn't mean I don't see what he can possibly turn into, I just think he should realize our limied cap space and sign a short contract for a low cap hit. BUt with the rumor that he turned down Hollands offer of $2.5m, I think he is being an idiot and needs to move on. He is worth and can get $3m PLUS, but somewhere else where he can be afforded, that is, unfortunately the Cap Era. No more dynasty's... I hope he gets $4m somewhere, it would be great for him and his fans who will watch and root for him whereever he goes, even if it is the KHL...

And once again you're assuming he'll have this miraculous breakout season of 31 goals just because he did good in the few games he played with us. You have to remember this is the same kid who only scored 15 goals in GR.

I don't like Hudler, because he's Hudler. I've never liked him, never will, he could scoe 93 goals and I will still never like him. That being said, I have maintained all along that he is worth $3 or more million, just not with our limited cap space, but he could surely get it elsewhere, and I hope he does. And yes, if the Wings ink Leino for 2 more years and he puts up Hudler points in those two year, he will also be worth $3 or more million and we may be facing yet another free agent we may be asking to take discount to stay, or move on if he wants huge pay dirt. Sure my thoughts on Leino are MAYBE's, but Hudler is ALSO a maybe next year as well, MAYBE his huge disappointing playoff are a sign of things to come, maybe the buttend to his head messed him up. Maybe he is a little more scared than he used to be, it's all maybe, maybe we sign him $3 million and he sucks up the ice and only gets 25 points, maybe he gives us a discount and signs for $1.5 and hits 75 points, and then again the next year and when he becomes a UFA, we may be asking him again to take a discount, or maybe he'll be getting a "career" contract like Franzen and he'll get the big bucks.

I don't like him, but it doesn't mean I don't see what he can possibly turn into, I just think he should realize our limied cap space and sign a short contract for a low cap hit. BUt with the rumor that he turned down Hollands offer of $2.5m, I think he is being an idiot and needs to move on. He is worth and can get $3m PLUS, but somewhere else where he can be afforded, that is, unfortunately the Cap Era. No more dynasty's... I hope he gets $4m somewhere, it would be great for him and his fans who will watch and root for him whereever he goes, even if it is the KHL...

That's a lot of MAYBE's for someone that was so sure that Hudler would be leaving......for someone that thinks Leino is the next upcoming all mighty forward.....

RUMOR is just that...a RUMOR...how do we know for sure that is was a $2.5 offer....???? How do we know FOR SURE that he turned down $2.5...he knows the cap....he knows there are at least 3 more that need signed and that Leino has to have somewhat of a raise....

Short contract and low cap is what I've been saying in almost every thread.....maybe he's going to negotiate the cap of a contract rather than just a "payday" for the 09/10 season.

I understand that you don't like him and that's fine.....I do... among so many other of the Wings players and that's why I find it silly to wanting to bring in so many young players who "might" put up the points.....Hossa was "supposed" to produce in the playoffs....but he didn't...you can't "rely" on someones minor scores to what they "might" do in the NHL...we all hope that the great AHL'rs play as well as they do there, but nothing to say that it will happen for sure.....

And if Abs is already on the roster (no articles confirming) ...why are we talking about anymore kids from GR coming up???

And it's pretty silly not to like a guy "just because"....I mean....usually there is a reason....I don't like Sammmy because he hits more outside shots than in the goal....but I don't dog him in EVERY SINGLE THREAD that comes up!

You should get your own blog that's titled ..."101 Reasons to hate Hudler" and then send a link to LGW and if we weant to respond we can...other wise...this thread was once about Leino.....just like the one for Abs...and the one for Hossa...and the one for.......you get my point.

That's a lot of MAYBE's for someone that was so sure that Hudler would be leaving......for someone that thinks Leino is the next upcoming all mighty forward.....

RUMOR is just that...a RUMOR...how do we know for sure that is was a $2.5 offer....???? How do we know FOR SURE that he turned down $2.5...he knows the cap....he knows there are at least 3 more that need signed and that Leino has to have somewhat of a raise....

Short contract and low cap is what I've been saying in almost every thread.....maybe he's going to negotiate the cap of a contract rather than just a "payday" for the 09/10 season.

I understand that you don't like him and that's fine.....I do... among so many other of the Wings players and that's why I find it silly to wanting to bring in so many young players who "might" put up the points.....Hossa was "supposed" to produce in the playoffs....but he didn't...you can't "rely" on someones minor scores to what they "might" do in the NHL...we all hope that the great AHL'rs play as well as they do there, but nothing to say that it will happen for sure.....

And if Abs is already on the roster (no articles confirming) ...why are we talking about anymore kids from GR coming up???

And it's pretty silly not to like a guy "just because"....I mean....usually there is a reason....I don't like Sammmy because he hits more outside shots than in the goal....but I don't dog him in EVERY SINGLE THREAD that comes up!

You should get your own blog that's titled ..."101 Reasons to hate Hudler" and then send a link to LGW and if we weant to respond we can...other wise...this thread was once about Leino.....just like the one for Abs...and the one for Hossa...and the one for.......you get my point.

How do we know for sure Michael jackson is dead? How do we know for sure we went to the moon? How do we know that Slim Jims are made of real meat? We don't. Bottom line is none of us "know" anything when it comes down to it, if we did, we'd be in Ken Holland's place, and not even he knows whats gonna happen. How do we know the sun will rise tomorrow? What I do know is despite our bickering back and forth I respect the hell out of you for your love of this team and your favorite players, I apologize for the "relieving your stress" comment (although it probably did sound fun :LOL) but serious I don't purposely try to offend anyone on here, but sometimes (a lot of times) it happens. You can ask a whole bunch of people on here how I was just a couple of seasons ago when I had a lot of personal problems, I was probably 1000 times worse then anything you've read from me...Yikes!

But again I will say, for the sake of Hudler fans, I hope he does the right thing for him, whether that is staying here cheap, or getting his payday, he will always have fans.

Just not me :P (and just so you know it's not just Hudler, I have never liked McCarty or LaPointe either. And even though I am a friend of Manny Legace's father-in-law, BLEH!)

OR is just that...a RUMOR...how do we know for sure that is was a $2.5 offer....???? How do we know FOR SURE that he turned down $2.5...

Its been stated both in the Detroit Free Press and on MLive.

Restricted free agent Jiri Hudler plans on filing for arbitration before the weekend. At that point, the Wings can choose whether the arbitrator should decide on a one-year or two-year deal. Hudler, 25, who made $1.15 million last season, will see his salary increase anywhere from the $2.5 million the Wings are offering to possibly an award in the $3.5-million to $4-million range. If the Wings don't like the arbitrator's number, they can trade Hudler.

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2009/07/st..._figures_f.html

I know you have a huge bias towards Hudler, but you need to calm down and stop making yourself look silly.

How do we know for sure Michael jackson is dead? How do we know for sure we went to the moon? How do we know that Slim Jims are made of real meat? We don't. Bottom line is none of us "know" anything when it comes down to it, if we did, we'd be in Ken Holland's place, and not even he knows whats gonna happen. How do we know the sun will rise tomorrow? What I do know is despite our bickering back and forth I respect the hell out of you for your love of this team and your favorite players, I apologize for the "relieving your stress" comment (although it probably did sound fun :LOL) but serious I don't purposely try to offend anyone on here, but sometimes (a lot of times) it happens. You can ask a whole bunch of people on here how I was just a couple of seasons ago when I had a lot of personal problems, I was probably 1000 times worse then anything you've read from me...Yikes!

But again I will say, for the sake of Hudler fans, I hope he does the right thing for him, whether that is staying here cheap, or getting his payday, he will always have fans.

Just not me :P (and just so you know it's not just Hudler, I have never liked McCarty or LaPointe either. And even though I am a friend of Manny Legace's father-in-law, BLEH!)

Thanks for the apology...that was really what set me off....

Bickering back and forth is fine too....have to do something in the off season, but it just went a little far......

......and to uk_redwing...if I'm making myself look silly-then so is this guy and everyone hollering for Bertuzzi to come back!

I may be pulling for Hudler,(and am not trying to be bias towards him) actually.... if you remember a while back I posted a thread asking for everyone's professional hockey opinion on why NOT to keep him so I could get more insight on the situation, trying to better my "hockey knowledge"...so I think that makes me a little smarter than making myself look silly and throwing out stupid crap.....(mine & leftwingers arguments are stupid and silly and with the exception of one comment...they were fun...I always love a challenge!)

and...I take "snapshots" with a grain of salt.....just like all the other articles that I can't find "back-up" resources for.....

Don't know if this has been stated here yet, but ESPN's LeBrun reportes 2yrs @ 1.6mill total for Leino.

"Before we get the violins out, we should note the Red Wings' replacements aren't too shabby. Ville Leino (re-signed Monday for two years and $1.6 million in total), Darren Helm and Justin Abdelkader now get a full-time shot up front, defenseman Jonathan Ericsson will be a mainstay on the blue line and Jimmy Howard gets to back up Chris Osgood with Ty Conklin leaving via free agency."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?...e=lebrun_pierre

Edit: Detroit News reports the same........ http://www.detnews.com/article/20090706/SP...o-for-two-years

"Detroit -- The Red Wings have signed forward Ville Leino to a two-year contract.

Leino, a restricted free agent, will earn $800,000 per season. "

Edited by redwings1973