• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zion

Mikael Samuelsson signs with Vancouver

Rate this topic

Samuelson was a defensive liability and was pushed to the outside too much for my liking. I'm glad he's out of here. I wanted him gone 2 years ago.

Looks like we're opening up some nice cap room.

If you look at posts over the years, i too have wanted Sammy gone FOR YEARS, but truth is, he had some timely goals both last year in the playoffs and this year in playoffs. We would not have gotten where we were without him as much as i hate to admit it. He did put up 23 goals one year and 19 goals another year. He was nt the best player on our team by anymeans, and like you said, he gave the puck up way to much and was a liability on defense, but he was well worth the 1.2 million we were paying.

With that said, yes im glad he freed up our cap space, and im glad Kenny didnt make a move JUST to make a move and sign him for what vancouver was offereing, but i give him my respect and best of luck wishes.

Did you still feel that way after Game 6 against the Sharks? :P

Let's not forget his stupid, harmless wrister through a crowd that Nabokov kicked out to Pavel for the GWG in Game 2!

:clap::clap:

Many good times with him.....lots of bad times, but plenty of good times to outweigh the bad in my book. Absolutely NO hard feelings about him leaving. Glad he found a home somewhere and hope he does good things.

Oh Sammy....

Oh Logo Hunter...

Oh Shin-Guard Assasin...

As much as you gave me migranes and caused me to go WTF SAMMY WHAT ARE YOU DOING every game, I shall miss you. The goals you did score were glorious, and at least you took the shot. I very much enjoyed watching you play when you weren't giving me spazz attacks.

I feel the same way. As much s*** as I would give Sammy, he was still an integral part of the team, for better or worse. Gonna miss him as he had really begun to shine in my eyes the way Lilja has. :(

Sammy had a tendency to get on every last nerve of mine quite often, but he did have a knack for scoring timely goals. Nobody seemed more surprised when he scored than he did! I most definitely will not miss him playing the point on the power play! I never understood that one.

Best of luck to Sammy in his future endeavors!

Sad to see him go even though I wanted him out. He was a solid player for the Wings, and as much s*** as I gave him he was a good player. Too much money for him though, so happy to see him go.

I knew it was Sammy or Hudler, and I would gladly pick Hudler.

Best of luck Sammy!

Like somebody else mentioned, i will forever remember his OT goal against the hawks whenever i think of him. That was one of the best moments of the year, imo. There were times when it was tough to not be angry with him but i will certainly miss him. It'll be real tough to replace him with somebody as competent for a similar price.

Also, i don't understand why a few people are actually wishing for and sayin that he will fail without the wings system. Everybody should be hoping he finds success and happiness.

Good luck, Sammy!

Obviously that (the money) was the key, I shouldn't lie

Of all his qualities, the one I enjoyed the most about Sammy was his honesty. He was always great for a quote (points at sig).

For years to come, we will reminisce about Sammy - when was the last time we had a player who produced both love and hate in you at the same time? For every clutch goal there were 100 turnovers, 500 expletives and 1000 blocked shots. Yet in 10 years time all those blocked shots will have blurred into one, but we'll still remember those 5 huge goals against San Jose, Pittsburgh and Chicago. He was a big part of our run the last 3 years.

Good luck in Vancouver Sammy. You drove me insane as you dithered through the neutral zone with the puck, but I'll miss you all the same. :champs:

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Hopefully Jason Williams can get his spot back on the point.

Somethings just cannot be joked about. Jason Williams coming back to mant he point is one of them.

Like somebody else mentioned, i will forever remember his OT goal against the hawks whenever i think of him. That was one of the best moments of the year, imo. There were times when it was tough to not be angry with him but i will certainly miss him. It'll be real tough to replace him with somebody as competent for a similar price.

Also, i don't understand why a few people are actually wishing for and sayin that he will fail without the wings system. Everybody should be hoping he finds success and happiness.

Good luck, Sammy!

I havent seen anyone wish and hope that he fails. There are people that are saying that he will fail because they think he was a product o the Wings system, but i havent seen one post that has siad "I hope you fail". I think even if you hated the guy (like i did at most times) you are still sad to seem him go and wish him the best of luck...

Sammy was like Lang, with better goal celebrations. I'll miss ya Sammy, cant believe I'm saying it, but you grow on people. Never liked you on the point, but you wont need to be anymore. Sammy could probably score 30 if he plays with the Sedins regularly.

Funny though, Kopecky and Sammy gone in the same off season, I sense alot of hate going towards Malts and Rafalski now...

:(

I'm actually going to miss him just for humor reasons.

I'm gonna miss seeing him skate into the zone, and then put the puck on his backhand, and then do something stupid and meaningless after that, which results in a pointless offensive possession.

No one else on the Wings could make me laugh the way Sammy could. A goofy looking dude with some rather odd strategies on the ice.

He did have a goofy looking form to his skating. I supposed I am going to miss that. At least he always got to where he needed to be.

He had a really wide stance. Always easy to spot him on the ice.