• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zion

Mikael Samuelsson signs with Vancouver

Rate this topic

I have mixed feelings about this.

While Im happy I dont have to see Sammy miss the net anymore, shoot it right into the goalies chest or make a big mistake on the PP.... Im going to miss him.

He screwed up............... a lot... But he also made some pretty big plays in his time with the wings.

I think im also sad that we have now lost 5 players from last years team in such a short period of time. But on the other hand, im excited to see Helm and Leino playing on the Wings full time next year.

I also wonder which players will become LGW's new whipping boys. Any guesses?

Anyway, Good Luck Sammy!!! And thanks for the memories!!!

Good luck in Van Sam. You will be missed. He played very good in the PO's imo. I really like our team going into next year, although with these long PO runs we've had the last couple of years, I think we almost need an early exit next year to rest up for a '11 cup run.

I have never thrown more profanities at and cheered so loudly for one player that was on the Wings in my life. You were a bargain for us and I wish you the best of luck with the Canucks Sammy, just suck against the Wings when you play them.

I think over the past 4 years, Sammy's been one of the team's most underrated players. His play wasn't flashy or breathtaking. But every year he consistently put up solid numbers, and he did have a knack for stepping up his play when it came down to crunch time. I'll always remember his two spectacular goals in Game 1 last year in the Finals.

I think over the past 4 years, Sammy's been one of the team's most underrated players. His play wasn't flashy or breathtaking. But every year he consistently put up solid numbers, and he did have a knack for stepping up his play when it came down to crunch time. I'll always remember his two spectacular goals in Game 1 last year in the Finals.

True story. It'd be a bit more logical to rip on the guy if he was making $4 million, but when you think about all he did for a little over a million bucks and compare it to what most million dollar players in the league will do for a team, you start to understand why Sammy was a really underrated part of this team.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
This is going to hurt this team more than people want to believe. Count on it. Sammy at $1.3 or whatever he was making was a steal.

This.

What is it about Hockey players tht let them getTHE HOTTESTE BABES ON THE PLANET!?!?!?!

I mena look at Sammy, he looks like a horse! Must be the money or the ****!

anyhow, that only leave ONE free agent left to leave! Leino is staying, Chelios, McCarty, Downey, Hossa, Kopecky, Samuelsson, Huder, Leino...

dude, watta ya think? They're millionaires and athletic.

I liked sammy, he played his role well in Detroit.

Listenning to Vancouver's team 1040 and a caller says its the best thing to ever happen to the knuckleheads. They think he's gonna be great on a line with the Sedins.

Listenning to Vancouver's team 1040 and a caller says its the best thing to ever happen to the knuckleheads. They think he's gonna be great on a line with the Sedins.

Sammy has a great wrist shot, he's basically a less skilled Hossa. The Sedins love to cycle and make plays, so it may give Sammy a lot more space. I wouldn't be surprised if he scored 25-30 goals next season if he's on the Sedin line.

This is great news.... 1st Kopecky and now Sammy. It was too bad we couldn't hang onto Hoss but losing these 2 on our spot is a blessing that makes me very happy. Kopecky was just flat out useless and Sammy was bad decision man.... great shot but used it in every single wrong place you could use it from. I won't miss his head fake deke move you could see from a mile away either. Abby and Leino will be an easy and cheaper improvement over Kopecky and Sammy for fun. Helmer in the full time is a great phusical and energy boost and if he can learn to finishhe make add some point relief too.

From what I read on the Nucks site, they plan on having Sammy on the second line as a complementary scoring threat to the Sedins.

Edit: Now I've read that they are keeping options open, but he will be top 6.

Edited by 55fan

Good luck, Sammy. You were frustratingly bad at timing your shots, and aiming your shots, but for some reason, you could always be counted on for a clutch goal. Despite all my misgivings about you over the years, it's not giong to be the same without the love/hate relationship so many fans had with you. It's a shame you'll never see a Cup while you're in Vancouver, though.

Sammy has a great wrist shot, he's basically a less skilled Hossa. The Sedins love to cycle and make plays, so it may give Sammy a lot more space. I wouldn't be surprised if he scored 25-30 goals next season if he's on the Sedin line.

He will not play with the Sedins. Burrows stepped into that role in magnificent fashion part way through last season. Look to see Sammy with Kesler and Demitra, with prospect Cody Hodgson possibly being in there somewhere. And Hodgson is a future all-star and Team Canada member. You heard it here first.

Edited by Chairman Maouth

Good luck in Van Sam. You will be missed. He played very good in the PO's imo. I really like our team going into next year, although with these long PO runs we've had the last couple of years, I think we almost need an early exit next year to rest up for a '11 cup run.

I've been thinking the sme thing.

And correct me if I'm wroing, but doesn't Sammy have a Stanley Cup and an Olympic Gold? The guy was a huge value and the reason Canuck fans are excited is that he already played on a line with the Sedins on their Olympic Gold run. I think he's going to light it up for them.

I've been thinking the sme thing.

And correct me if I'm wroing, but doesn't Sammy have a Stanley Cup and an Olympic Gold? The guy was a huge value and the reason Canuck fans are excited is that he already played on a line with the Sedins on their Olympic Gold run. I think he's going to light it up for them.

Sammy has a Stanley Cup, and Olympic Gold AND he's won the World Championship. He's one of 22 members of the Triple Gold Club.

How ridiculously disgusting is that? :blink:

damn idiots bashing here samuelsson. Hed did for million what many 2 million guys have not been capable of.

Those bashing idiots expect 3rd liners act like first liners for scrappy money. I hope your employers expect something like this from you. We'll see how happy you'lle be.

He was very responsible defensively, and scored the occasional clutch goal. Let's hope we can get a suitable replacement who will perhaps fight as well.

Whether people like it or not, Samuelsson was a steal for what he made here at just over $1.2M and often overproduced that amount. Did he always produce when it counted? No. But you can say the same thing for pretty much any player on the Wings right now during their current career, or any player that played in the playoffs and might have had an early playoff exit or cold spell. Any player good/bad is going to get cold streaks every now and than. Overall, he deserves his raise.